If you have pesky belly fat still getting in the way or are trying to shed those extra pounds around the waist and not having much luck you are definitely not alone.
Losing belly fat is by far the most challenging of all fitness and weight loss goals. No matter your fitness level, youíve probably struggled to lose that annoying belly fat. Iíve been there myself!
But along the way, Iíve learned a number of easy diet solutions to help you lose belly fat. First, letís look at some daily tips for losing belly fat. Then weíll get to some specific meal ideas that will help you get on track and on your way to a thinner waistline!
Daily Tips to Lose Belly Fat
1. Cut out the refined sugar. Refined white sugar leads to spikes in your blood sugar level, slowing your metabolism and leading to cravings.
2. Avoid sodium. A diet high in salt leads to water retention, which is only going to make your belly fat look worse. Cut down on the salt, and youíll shed some of that extra water weight.
3. Eat whole grains. If youíre trying to lose belly fat, you need to cut out white flour and refined carbohydrates, including white pasta, bread, and rice. I cannot stress this enough! Refined carbohydrates are stripped of their nutrients and slow your metabolism. Instead opt for quinoa, brown rice, and whole grain breads that donít have sugar as one of the top 3 ingredients.
4. Eat more protein. Hopefully it should come to no surprise to you now that when it comes to cutting belly fat adding protein to your diet is key. Protein actually burns more calories during digestion, helping you burn more fat. Adding a tasty protein supplement to your diet can also help keep you feeling full and rev up your metabolism. Without a doubt my two favorite protein powders are: the milk chocolate flavour of Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion and the cookies & cream flavour of Combat Powder. If you want to look at other sources of protien including veggies check out this article Ė Best Protein Powders.
5. Eat fat-burning foods. There are a number of foods out there that actually increase your metabolism and help you burn belly fat. Protein and whole grains are some of these foods. Other fat-burning options include Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil and NOW Green Tea Extract. Add them to your diet today and be patient as it will take several effects to show the effects.
For those of you who want to take a more aggressive approach check out: Menís Fat Loss Stack .
Simple Meal Ideas to Lose Belly Fat
These meal (or snack, depending on your diet plan) ideas are based on ingredients that actually help you burn more belly fat! They are especially high in monounsaturated fatty acids that can help you lose the belly fat quickly.
Hummus, Olive, And Tomato (362 calories)
Spread 2 Tbsp hummus on each half of a toasted whole wheat English muffin. Top each half with 5 thinly sliced olives and a slice of tomato. Add 1 medium orange.
Mediterranean Salad (398 calories)
Toss 1/2 c chickpeas, rinsed and drained, with 1/2 c halved cherry tomatoes, 1 chopped cucumber, 10 large black olives, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Serve with 1 toasted large whole wheat pita.
Waffles Florentine (393 calories)
Take 2 whole grain waffles & spread with 2 Tbsp black olive tapenade. Top with half a cup of egg whites, scrambled in cooking spray, and 3/4 cup of spinach leaves. Have half a cup of strawberries on the side.
Almond Butter With Fresh Fruit (350 calories)
Spread 2 Tbsp almond butter on a slice of whole grain bread. Eat with half a cup of each blueberries and sliced kiwifruit.
Oatmeal with Pecans and Berries (351 calories)
Prepare 1 packet Original Quaker Instant Oatmeal made with 1 cup skim milk and mix with 2 Tbsp chopped pecans, 1/2 cup raspberries, and 1/2 cup blueberries.
Mango Walnut Salad (395 calories)
Grab a bowl of greens and add spinach with half a cup of chopped mango, 4 baby carrots chopped, 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper, 2 Tbsp walnuts, 2 Tbsp vinaigrette, and 1 Tbsp raisins. Eat with 1/2 large whole wheat pita.
Diet to Lose Belly Fat Ė Conclusion
These are just a few meal/snack ideas for losing belly fat, but hopefully they give you a better idea of the kinds of foods you should be eating for a slimmer waistline. Make sure you take a balanced approach and incorporate a frequent exercise plan and a healthy diet!
Thread: Diet to Lose Belly Fat
12-18-2012, 12:24 PM #1
Diet to Lose Belly Fat
02-06-2013, 06:28 AM #2
02-06-2013, 06:43 AM #3
- Join Date: Jan 2013
- Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Age: 24
- Posts: 1,405
- Rep Power: 1022
Mostly useless, bad advice. Would not be helpful to people with little knowledge trying to lose weight, you said nothing about knowing your maintenance calories or how much of a deficit to be in, nothing about exercise.
No foods burn fat. The meals you listed may seem like "healthy" meals but the total calories were 2249, which (for some people, including myself) might be above their maintenance, so a clueless noob who decided to just eat what you said in this thread would actually be eating more calories than they're using so they'd be putting on more fat, but they would think they were being healthy and since their new diet would be so strict they would get frustrated by not seeing results.
For anyone reading this with no previous knowledge of losing weight, go read the stickies in the nutrition section and the losing fat section. To lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit, simple as that.
This thread will likely just mislead people and not actually help them much.
Also it shouldn't really be in the motivation section.
(Just my opinion on the thread, take it or leave it)
edit: the meals themselves actually look decent. If this thread was titled "Meal ideas" or something like that and didn't talk about "losing belly fat" then the thread would be fine because the meal ideas are good.
I probably wouldn't have negged you just for the poor post content, but the fact that your avi is actually Chris Hemsworth earned you a neg
Last edited by AlwaysBeShepard; 02-06-2013 at 06:51 AM.
02-06-2013, 06:59 AM #4
A calorie is not always a calorie, is an over simplification, and is simply not true.
IE a gram of carbs from a low glycemic carbs will affect the body differently than a gram of carbs from simple sugar versus a gram of protein vs a gram of fat.
Foods DO burn fat, by boosting metabolism. If you are eating the right foods, you will get your body to burn body fat and not muscle. Its not as simple as calorie defecit = weight loss. If you restrict calories too much your body will slow your metabolism to fight what it thinks is starvation. Calories must be the right type of calories at the right time. Remember, humans are built to carry more body fat to survive famine. So you must manipulate your body, with the right type of food at the right time to get it to do what YOU want it to do, NOT what IT wants to do.
02-06-2013, 01:41 PM #5
You can exponentially simplify it all especially with fat loss, by following:
Fist size portion lean protein.
Fist size portion whole veggies.
handful mixed nuts
3 meals per day
5-6 hours between meals, no snacks, no eating 2-3 hours before bed
When attempting to lose something you must maintain a loser perspective. Usually, when trying to achieve a goal we need to produce more action and more results. In fat loss, the opposite is required. We aim to lose. Not win.
Making the diet complex makes it tedious and stressful. Stress slows down weight loss and, no matter how silly this is to you, is bad in general.
To lose, you must do less. Not more.
The underlying conditioned beliefs you may have may also make you believe otherwise, but hey, doing more produces more work and money - and the economy needs your money.
What ever floats your boat."I'll have a double big mac combo...with a DIET SODA!"
I'm on a diet.