Thread: Need help

masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Need help

Is there anyone here in Taiwan?

I am 26, I weigh 208KG and my BMI is ~80
    I am a foreign student in Taiwan.
    I need help but I don't know how to fix this.

PuerAeternus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuerAeternus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuerAeternus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So you must be like 5'3" to have a BMI this high. Ask yourself, how did it come to that? Self-realisation is the first step, now you need to pull the brake and seriously start working. Where do you need help? Do you have the possibility to take eating matters into your own hands? (I know, Chinese cuisine is extraordinarily tasty, but they also tend to overdo it.)
    If there is the chance, prepare the food you eat yourself. Awareness of what you're eating is essential to judge quality and quantity of your meals. In your current situation, medical advise will be sensible, so seek a doctor's counsel before starting to starve yourself!

Why exactly do you need help from somebody being in Taiwan? Is there somebody at university, some of your friends over there who might be able to assist you?

masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masterdoko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    People here hate me because I am fat. I'm not kidding. It's not much different at my university. I keep to myself and It's hard to get along here which just leads me back to eating.

The doctors here are strange they don't touch you or tell you anything, they just say LOSE WEIGHT.

I can prepare my own food.

Right now I'm trying to eat ~1500 calories per day.

I'm very big but it has never hindered me really, more a personal choice for survival than saying "I cannot do X so I need to lose weight". I am very self-aware.

I'm 5'10".

I really don't understand what it is I'm supposed to eat, how do I calculate what is inside regular foods. Sometimes I just buy the triangle rice things (onigiri?)from 7-11, because they have the calories on the back which is between 186~240.

PuerAeternus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuerAeternus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuerAeternus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by masterdoko View Post
    People here hate me because I am fat. I'm not kidding. It's not much different at my university. I keep to myself and It's hard to get along here which just leads me back to eating.

The doctors here are strange they don't touch you or tell you anything, they just say LOSE WEIGHT.

I can prepare my own food.

Right now I'm trying to eat ~1500 calories per day.

I'm very big but it has never hindered me really, more a personal choice for survival than saying "I cannot do X so I need to lose weight". I am very self-aware.

I'm 5'10".

I really don't understand what it is I'm supposed to eat, how do I calculate what is inside regular foods. Sometimes I just buy the triangle rice things (onigiri?)from 7-11, because they have the calories on the back which is between 186~240.
    I reckon the hatred and lack of support will be the hardest part, resulting in serious backlashes when your motivation breaks down.
    But don't go back to eating. Try drinking, for instance. Not alcohol, but water. Sometimes thirst only comes in disguise of appetite, therefore you should have a drink and think twice before munching away again.

Very important: Don't starve yourself. It will take time to get results, consistency is key. Read the stickies in Fat loss and Nutrition on this webpage for a start, and then expand your knowledge on proper dieting.

7/11 is probably not the best place to shop for food. Try local street stalls where you can get fresh vegetables at an affordable price. If you go to local supermarkets, check for the nutritional information on products, which should be given in Chinese. I can only speak for Mainland China, but this should apply to Taiwan as well. 卡路里 is the word for calorie. Do you speak Chinese, btw? It is hard to get along without knowing the language, and even harder to get locals to help you.

Did you do to international doctors or locals only? And did you explicitly tell them about your problems, and asked HOW you might achieve weight loss?