At my current weighing of 133lbs or say close to 61-62Kgs, i able to:
Back Squat - 50Kgs,
DL from Ground - 52 Kgs
DL from Box - 58Kgs
T-Bar rows - 57 Kgs
But when it comes to bench, I'm stuck at 24Kgs, and this for like months now.
For the other 3 exercises above, even if i come back after a month of break, i can reach those figures in a single workout (tried and tested 3-4 times now )
While the bench is stuck and I see most people in my gym who dont even have other weight figures, pressing - 40-50kgs with big arms and Pecs.
Not sure, what I'm really missing to fix this.
12-18-2012, 09:44 AM #1
So I cant bench half of my Squat or DL - whats missing?
12-18-2012, 10:11 AM #2
- Join Date: Jan 2007
- Location: Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Stats: 5'11", 191 lbs
- Posts: 33,442
- BodyPoints: 1676
- Rep Power: 1084585
It's stunningly simple
- bench more - at least twice a week, work in the 5-12 rep range. Vary reps used, aim to beat previous working set PRs
- eat enough calories and protein to gain weight. You aren't going to get much better at the bench without allowing your body the fuel and raw materials to build muscle
- of course, check your bench form...
Powerbuilder routine with DUP flavour:
12-18-2012, 10:37 AM #3
- Join Date: Jul 2012
- Location: State / Province, Ireland
- Age: 26
- Stats: 5'10", 158 lbs
- Posts: 10
- Rep Power: 0
Just an idea. Maybe you should try the stronglifts 5x5. You increase your bench press 2.5 or 5kg each time. I was the same as you. I still don't bench, squat or deadlift much I squat 178lbs/80kg and bench 115lbs/50kg 5x5. My 1 rep max is a lot more. Just an idea for that worked for me. And I'm only doing this a few weeks.Train hard, work hard