Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The most extreme pre-contest diet & training article I've read so far

This Year I Will Win - Mohamed Makkawy (1984)

Mohamed Makkawy wrote this article before leaving to compete in last year's Mr Olympia contest in Munich, Germany. He was placed second to Samir Bannout, but went on to win the Grand Prix that followed the Mr Olympia, an achievement that saw him crowned as Grand Prix champion, and hailed as today's most successful competing bodybuilding star. He is hot favourite to win the title this year. Now you too can follow the routine of the "Magic Egyptian" for success!

As I write this article I am preparing for the 1983 Mr Olympia contest which will be held in Munich, Germany, on September 24th, 1983. September 25th there is a Grand Prix contest in Zurich, then September 27th a Grand Prix contest in Sweden. Then October 1st the final Grand Prix contest in London, England.

Since I intend to enter all these contests in order to try and win the Grand Prix Championship I must train and diet in such a way that I keep my condition for all four contests. Many bodybuilders will enter the Mr Olympia and then give up after that, trying not to compete any more.

It is very difficult to hold a contest peak for even eight days, because at least a week before the contest I am practically starving, living only on special amino acids that I get from my trainer Vince Gironda. When I enter more than one contest, as is the case this time, then I must stay on this diet an extra week.

Since the Night of the Champions in May, I have been training very, very hard, and have turned down many appearances and seminars so that I could train and not repeat what happened before the Night of the Champions. My routine this time has been geared to get me as cut up and defined as possible, and also to place special emphasis on the back. Even though I show only one back routine in this article sometimes I vary it doing additional exercises on alternate days. My body has been responding very well, and I feel I have improved in all areas, but especially the back and arms. When the pictures of the Mr Olympia come out be sure to look at them and see if you agree that my arms are larger and more defined now than ever before.

The reason that I am going for more definition is that I expect my chief competition to come from Frank Zane and Samir Bannout. Both these bodybuilders are very symmetrical and well defined. Therefore the strategy of my manager, Ken Wheeler, and my trainer, Vince Gironda, has been to get me as cut to the bone as possible. But I must also have better development bodypart by bodypart in order to win. That is why, for example, I am doing so much work on my back. Frank and Samir both have excellent backs, so I must have too. Also by emphasising the arms I think I can overshadow them in the arm poses.

My posing routine will still use "Chariots of Fire" as a musical background, but I have made a few changes in it to try and show my back, shoulders and arms more. Vince has worked with me on this routine — I have just come back from training in California with him for two weeks and he says I am ready!

My diet has been the same as it always is when preparing for a contest. In other words I start out by eating only meat, chicken and fish (zero carbohydrates), then as the contest gets nearer I reduce the amount of food and take amino acids and liver tablets instead until in the last week when I live entirely on amino acids and liver tablets and no food.

My exact routine is listed below. However unless you are an advanced bodybuilder do not try and follow it exactly or you will lose muscle size. Notice how many times a day I train! For a better understanding of my recommendations for those who are not yet ready to compete in high level contests, I would like to advise you that I have completed my new training courses that Bob Kennedy has mentioned before in his "Bodypower" gossip column. Details of my courses are available if you write to me at: Super Fitness Centres Inc, 2110 Dundas Street East, Mississauga, Ontario L4X 1L9, Canada.

This is the way I am currently training. Every morning, Monday to Friday I work my legs completely. On every afternoon of these same days I work my back. On Monday and Thursday nights I work my chest. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights I work my arms. And if you think I take a rest on Sundays you're mistaken! As the contest season comes around I do not allow myself this luxury. Most Sundays I will do some miscellaneous exercises, training any area that I feel needs extra attention. Currently I am doing some back and shoulder work during these Sunday sessions.

The last time details of my training routine were published I was performing most exercises for twelve reps each set. Right now I am doing eight reps in most exercises, handling a little more weight than I used to with twelve reps. I am noticing that my calves, as well as my back and arms, are all growing well. Of course this does not mean that eight reps are necessarily better than twelve. It is probably the shock value of the change–over.

I may well go back to higher reps again one day and enjoy yet another growth cycle. I train at a pretty fast pace aiming to keep a good style in every exercise. I do not perform heavy duty style training, neither do I perform forced or negative reps to increase basic power. Remember that back home in Egypt I used to be an Olympic weightlifter, and that's where I paid my dues with endless heavy, power workouts.

As I close this article, I would like to say a sincere thank you to all those who have supported me... my fans are my strength. They make me want to get better and better. Good luck in your training!
    Mohamed Makkawy's Olympia Routine:

Chest

* Flat bench press (to neck): 5 x 8
    * 20° Bench press (to neck): 5 x 8
    * Incline bench press 40°: 5 x 8
    * Bent arm pullover: 5 x 8
    * Wide grip "Gironda" dips: 5 x 8
    * Straight arm pullover: 5 x 10

Back

* High bench rowing: 5 x 8
    * Pullups to waist: 5 x 8
    * Wide grip chins behind neck: 5 x 8
    * Wide grip pulldowns to chest: 5 x 8

Legs

* Hack squat: 5 x 8
    * Seated pulley leg squeeze: 5 x 10
    * Thigh curl: 5 x 10
    * Thigh extension: 5 x 8
    * Roman chair: 5 x 10
    * Flat thigh extensions: 5 x 8
    * Seated calf raise: 5 x 15
    * Standing calf raise: 5 x 15

Abdominals

* Lying leg raise: 5 x 15 to 25
    * Hanging leg raise: 5 x 15 to 25
    * Hanging knee–in: 5 x 15 to 25
    * Bent knee situps: 5 x 15 to 25
    * Twisting situps: 5 x 15 to 25
    * Cross ankle crunches: 5 x 15 to 25

Shoulders

* Wide grip rows: 5 x 8
    * 45° lateral raise: 5 x 8
    * Kneeling cable raise: 5 x 8
    * Bent over cable raise: 5 x 8
    * Lateral raise: 5 x 8
    * Cable lateral raise: 5 x 8

Biceps

* Incline dumbbell curl: 5 x 8
    * EZ Bar curls: 5 x 8
    * Cable short range seated curls: 5 x 10

Triceps

* Parallel bar dips: 5 x 8
    * Bent over triceps kickbacks: 5 x 8
    * Triceps rope pulls: 5 x 8

Source: http://www.ironguru.com/this-year-i-...d-makkawy-1984

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My diet has been the same as it always is when preparing for a contest. In other words I start out by eating only meat, chicken and fish (zero carbohydrates), then as the contest gets nearer I reduce the amount of food and take amino acids and liver tablets instead until in the last week when I live entirely on amino acids and liver tablets and no food.
    Some parts of the golden era should be relegated to the status of alchemy.

macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50) macmacc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    Some parts of the golden era should be relegated to the status of alchemy.
    Maybe that alchemy helped those guys achieve the physiques they displayed back then that people rave about today vs. the bloated science-built physiques people complain about today.

flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by darkcloudcover View Post

It is very difficult to hold a contest peak for even eight days, because at least a week before the contest I am practically starving, living only on special amino acids that I get from my trainer Vince Gironda. When I enter more than one contest, as is the case this time, then I must stay on this diet an extra week.
    Sports Therapy- & Prevention Major - University of Potsdam
    Exercise Biology Major - University of California, Davis

Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Nutritional Consultant

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For what it's worth, Gironda was against PED use and was very big on amino acids and liver tabs. Vince was pretty outspoken on the subject too.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    For what it's worth, Gironda was against PED use and was very big on amino acids and liver tabs. Vince was pretty outspoken on the subject too.
    Mohamed was his star pupil. Did exactly what Vince told him unlike that young bulky Austrian upstart.
    Much respect for both of them.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by flahexer View Post
    He was probably talking about ACTUAL amino acids. Remember, this was the 80's...not everyone had access to BCAAs like they do now. They were "special" back then.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jesus, NO food?! How would that even work? The guys looks good, so obviously it worked for him.
    Lee Priest for President

ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismashhoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That is a high volume workout, enhancements or not
    Lightweight baby!

FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    damn... he took his ab training serious!

flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flahexer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm aware that he talks about amino acids, it's just ridiculous to claim that he carried such a mass without eating anything but amino pills. Come on people.

Also Vince's 8x8 training system is pretty famous and basically works with very low loads and short breaks (20-30s). That should put the workouts of Mohamed in another perspective for you guys. It's not meant to mean that those kind of workouts aren't tough (especially legs).

Here's another pupil of Vince by the way, the first is one of my all time favourite pics. It's just plain beauty.

Rick Wayne.
    Sports Therapy- & Prevention Major - University of Potsdam
    Exercise Biology Major - University of California, Davis

Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Nutritional Consultant

While it does seem it extreme in today's world that guys ate only aminos, it was more common back then than you'd think. Lots of guys did the egg whites and aminos diets. I used mostly free-form aminos and some chikcen and/or tuna to carb deplete the last week before a show back then. It actually worked great too. Dieting approaches and attitudes were just different back then.

sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My fav bodybuilder of al time and the best poser too!

Vince's methods always "seemed" to be extreme.

Remember that his other star pupil was Mr Olympia Larry Scott!

darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look here guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJf7Cs5Cq4

You can definitely see the result of hard work. Plus his posing routine is just perfect.
    Please if you know any current bodybuilder who poses using this same style, share the link with me.

MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "My diet has been the same as it always is when preparing for a contest. In other words I start out by eating only meat, chicken and fish (zero carbohydrates), then as the contest gets nearer I reduce the amount of food and take amino acids and liver tablets instead until in the last week when I live entirely on amino acids and liver tablets and no food."

i find this HARD to believe. and if true..very stupid.
    NPC BODYBUILDER / ISSA Certified Personal Trainer/Nutrition Specialist
    Coached by IFBB PRO Fouad 'HOSS' Abiad | ABIAD'S ARMY

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sorry, I love bodybuilding an all, but actually giving up food crosses the line for me as far as drawbacks vs. benefits
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by XShreddedX View Post
    I'm sorry, I love bodybuilding an all, but actually giving up food crosses the line for me as far as drawbacks vs. benefits
    I take it you're not a fan of fasting then? Some of us actually find it pleasant.

Now i probably wouldn't want to squat in that state every day, so keeping that in mind.
    People these days have more reps than brain cells

Registered Cinephile HydroShake's Avatar
    HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Groggery View Post
    I take it you're not a fan of fasting then? Some of us actually find it pleasant.

Now i probably wouldn't want to squat in that state every day, so keeping that in mind.
    fasting has its place but he would cut out food entirely for a whole week.
    i'd rather take more drugs for one week than do that. srs.
    Last edited by HydroShake; 12-20-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    "If I hit my mom back I'd be dead" - Ronnie Coleman

R.I.P.
    Michael Jackson "King of Pop"
    Whitney Houston "GOAT"
    Donna Summer "Queen of Disco"
    Luther Vandross "The Real R&B King"

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've occasionally gone 4-5 days without food due to exams and such. If you have any muscle to show, that's what will definitely show it. You could eat mountains when you do start eating again.
    People these days have more reps than brain cells

PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Groggery View Post
    I've occasionally gone 4-5 days without food due to exams and such. If you have any muscle to show, that's what will definitely show it. You could eat mountains when you do start eating again.
    trust me, the ******** study diet may leave you dry and lean after a bit of time but will leave you flatter than a damn pancake, not exactly what any body builder is looking to achieve come show time.
    i rep metalcore fans

disregard aesthetics, acquire gluttonous winter bulk.
    1k+

u mad i lift in work clothes?

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    Jesus, NO food?! How would that even work? The guys looks good, so obviously it worked for him.
    that's not the thing that worked for him.

feelin like im lookin ;) MrMetabolism's Avatar
    MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lets believe everything we read

Eating all the gains Shredthetics's Avatar
    Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Interesting emphasis on the tab > food.
    I don't think I would personally try it as I like to eat.. but if true it seem to work for him.
    IG: @West_Whey
    8 years in.

Contest History:
    -2013 Muscle GC Classic

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    Maybe that alchemy helped those guys achieve the physiques they displayed back then that people rave about today vs. the bloated science-built physiques people complain about today.
    No.

A diet with zero carbs? Fun training that must've been.

Legs every morning? Bet those were intense sessions.

Strng manlet tard training and diet in this thread.

You never go full retard.

sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    No.

A diet with zero carbs? Fun training that must've been.

Legs every morning? Bet those were intense sessions.

Strng manlet tard training and diet in this thread.

You never go full retard.
    Vince hated carbs and didn't believe in overtraining so sets weren't taken to failure and beyond.

Like Vince or not, he made for some interesting reading!

Originally Posted by Shredthetics View Post
    Interesting emphasis on the tab > food.
    I don't think I would personally try it as I like to eat.. but if true it seem to work for him.
    I read that Vince sent Makkawy some protein powder so it might be that he didn't eat "food", but took protein shakes mixed in water along with the aminos.

The supplement company Vince liked: http://vincegironda-nsp.com/store/pr...y/supplements/

PS: I bought the same powder and couldn't even get it down with water or milk or anything else!

Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pull ups to waist... Dafuq! Muscle ups.