GregArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Football Training

I am currently lifting for football. Tebow is one of my idols, wana be that dudes size. On Monday I am doing chest, tris, and shoulders..tuesday is my leg day with power cleans and deadlifts included. I am going to make wedensday my back day..but im wondering if it is okay to repeat my monday on thursday, or if that is not enough rest. Also, looking for maybe a better or different workout from someone with more experience or just pointers..please let me know! (6'3 225lbs 20yrs)

talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) talexander55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lifting for football

Originally Posted by GregArcher View Post
    I am currently lifting for football. Tebow is one of my idols, wana be that dudes size. On Monday I am doing chest, tris, and shoulders..tuesday is my leg day with power cleans and deadlifts included. I am going to make wedensday my back day..but im wondering if it is okay to repeat my monday on thursday, or if that is not enough rest. Also, looking for maybe a better or different workout from someone with more experience or just pointers..please let me know! (6'3 225lbs 20yrs)
    If you are lifting for football, you should be doing an entirely different workout than what you typically find on this site. Bodybuilding and football training are related in some ways but are really two different animals.

You want to check out Joe Defranco's site. He is follower of the westside barbell "max effort" periodization method. He has trained hundreds of current and former college and pro athletes. As a former football coach, I found that our players had the best progress once we switched to this type of training. Traditional bodybuilding training will help a little, but if you want to seriously maximize your ability and dominate on the field, you would be short changing yourself if you just trained as a bodybuilder.

The DVD/Workout: Superstrength is WELL worth the $40 (I have absolutely no monetary interest in this!! I've just used it with my athletes!!) It will open your eyes to how you should be training as an athlete.

TM392 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TM392 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TM392 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TM392 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TM392 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TM392 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TM392 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What did you just even say ^ made no sense..

OP focus on getting stronger w/ a good diet. Bodybuilding and "football" training are the exact same thing just how you train is different.

Goal of bodybuilding- muscle mass w/ lowest bodyfat you can achieve
    Goal of football strength- muscle mass w/ explosive movements

Some exercises to put emphasis on:
    Squat
    RDL
    Snatch
    High pull
    Hang clean
    Power clean
    Push press