IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Want To Know Your Body Fat Percentage? GET IN HERE!!

The Following is a guide on body fat percentage. It includes picture examples, and written descriptions of different body fat percentages.

One of the most asked questions on here is "what is my body fat percentage?". Hopefully this guide can help answer your questions.

Please note that these descriptions and pictures should not be used as an exact measure of your own bodyfat percentage. These examples should only be used to give yourself a rough idea in terms of what your bf % is.

Body Fat Picture Descriptions Of Men

Body Fat Percentage Men 3-4%

Bodybuilders can drop as low as 3-4% body fat when preparing for bodybuilding competitions. This body fat level is characterized by extreme vascularity, so that veins are visible over just about every muscle in the body. There is clear separation between muscles, and striations visible on almost every muscle. The buttocks (I’ll spare you a back picture) even has striations, some vascularity, with little fat. If your buttocks doesn’t have any body fat, you’ve got VERY low body fat! Essential fat for a man is around 2%, which is the basic amount of fat a man needs for the body to function (fat protects internal organs in the chest and abdomen).

Body Fat Percentage Men 6-7%

Approximately 6-7% body fat for a man is a bit less extreme than competition bodybuilders, but it’s still hovering at a level that is not sustainable for most men. Around this level, or slightly less, the face becomes gaunt, and your family starts worrying about you. This 6-7% body fat level, which is achieved by many male fitness models when doing photoshoots, is characterized by muscle definition in all muscles and clear vascularity in most muscles including arms, legs, and even abs. Vascularity over the abs muscle is a sign of very low body fat. Clear separation of muscles as well.

Body Fat Percentage Men 10-12%

This is a sustainable level for most men where you should be able to see your abs, but they will likely not be as defined as a man in the 6-7% body fat range. This body fat range is the classic beach body look that most men want and many women love. While not very defined, there is separation between muscles, some muscle striations potentially in the shoulders, or arms, but striations are not showing on every muscle. Vascularity is typically limited to the arms, with a little possibly on the legs.

Body Fat Percentage Men 15%

The 15% body fat level is usually within the “lean and fit” category in most body fat percentage charts. The outlines of muscle can be seen, but there is no clear separation between them. Vascularity is usually a bit more limited as are muscle striations, which are typically covered by a thin layer of fat. The overall shape is still there, which can create an aesthetic appearance despite less muscle definition.

Body Fat Percentage Men 20%

Separation between muscles starts to blur, almost no vascularity, or striations can be seen, typically there is a small stomach pouch of fat, the look is “soft” but not very round. Most guys I come across in NYC are within the 20-25% body fat range. Other parts of the country, or world, that range may be skewed higher or lower. A 5’11”man who weighs 180lb and has 145lb of lean body mass (the average) will have 20% body fat.

Body Fat Percentage Men 25%

There is little to no separation of muscles, no vascularity, or muscle striations, waist begins to increase quite substantially with a waist to hip ratio as high as 0.9 (waist circumference/hip circumference). So a 5’10” man may have a 36+ inch waist. This man may have a little neck fat, but may not look like he has 25% body fat in normal clothing. Over 25% body fat for a man is considered obese, and over a 40 inch waist is considered abdominal obesity.

Body Fat Percentage Men 30%

There is more fat all around the body at the 30% level including waist, back, thighs, and calves. The waist looks larger relative to the hips, and the stomach will likely be protruding over the waist noticeably. There is no muscle separation.

Body Fat Percentage Men 35%

As men get heavier and heavier gaining more fat, most of the fat is funneled right in the stomach. The 35% level is characterized by more significant protrusion of stomach fat over the waist. This is the beer gut kind of look. Waist circumferences can be 40+ inches for a man with 35% body fat.

Body Fat Percentage Men 40%

Similar to the 35% level, even more fat accumulates in the stomach and waist region, so that waist sizes can approach 45 inches, or more. At this level, basic every day activities like walking up stairs, or bending over to pick something up becomes increasingly difficult. This body fat level is approaching morbidly obese, which is characterized by a BMI over 35. To put it in better perspective, a 5’11” man who weighs 270lb and has 160lb of lean body mass has 40% body fat.

Hopefully this guide has given you an idea as to what your bf% is.

Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hard to tell because they all have different amounts of muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the leaner it makes you seem.

IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50) IASONA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pinkton View Post
    Hard to tell because they all have different amounts of muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the leaner it makes you seem.
    That is true, though by looking at the picture examples and reading the descriptions and characteristics of the different bodyfat perentages, it would help give a decent estimate.

jontan96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help me out with my body fat!

hi, im 5'9 and 155lbs . I think im about 15% bf can you guys check out my photos and tell me what you think??? also do you suggest i cut or bulk? i started at about 139lbs. thanks man.

zeh7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a 10-12%

jontan96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do you think my bf is??

Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Yo

Haha this make me laugh at how fat I am ATM, 20% here and proud, I use to be like 10% before I started, one more month then I'll cut down to 15%...
    1 Paragraph SiG Crew

Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gabriel Anton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good general guide, repped

yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Registered backloader LiftingSteve93's Avatar
    LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    An actually good chart lol not the "if I can see top of my abs I'm 12%"
    My 400 incline press at 19 years old:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VN5bT0AVDCw

Strong bumps itt, Glad to have helped guys

stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome post!! Motivational to lower the BF!
    Visit my website for health topics, recipes, workouts, and other related items!
    www.stephendo.com

Please "Like" my ******** Page for updates!
    www.********.com/stephendofitnesslifestyle

NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100) NewZeke4 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jontan96 View Post
    hi, im 5'9 and 155lbs . I think im about 15% bf can you guys check out my photos and tell me what you think??? also do you suggest i cut or bulk? i started at about 139lbs. thanks man.
    You look a little bit higher than that. I have almost your exact stats but I can see my abs and serratus a lot better than you.

BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is actually a pretty decent guide!

aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10) aestheticMayne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yep

GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GQ271 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 8%.. Content with it

mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm about 9 I'm happy haha gotta keep slow bulking now ha

Hydrogen16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hydrogen16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hydrogen16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hydrogen16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hydrogen16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hydrogen16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by IASONA View Post
    The Following is a guide on body fat percentage. It includes picture examples, and written descriptions of different body fat percentages.

One of the most asked questions on here is "what is my body fat percentage?". Hopefully this guide can help answer your questions.
    +rep , already knew my bf % but still learned some things. awesome post

APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    but am i 10% ...or am i 12%? or more...

Rolla102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool oooow :(

I just had my bf% tested at my gym on a maltron bf-906, now after about a month of eating in a deficit and dropping a couple lbs I was expecting this test to come back anywhere from 15-18% but it came back at 20.8% so I came home to consult the internet thinking that was way too high!

but yeah turns out thats probably right which sucks but thanks for the guide!

susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) susaree has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    strong rep beg lol

thesalmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about this body fat percentage chart?

http://healthiack.com/body-fat-percentage-calculator

JesseHannan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you so much
    Wrist is getting stronger slowly, hard work pays off.

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. - Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.
    Aut vincere aut mori. - Conquer or die.
    "Someone once told me not to bite off more than I could chew. I told them that I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."

CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong copy pasta

Also, you can't use this for jack ****, muscle mass will make you appear leaner, and a lack of muscle mass will make you appear fatter.
    Current Lifts
    Deadlift: 150x7/162.5x3
    Bench: 100x2
    Squat: 100x4 (RIP)
    OHP: 51x5