Thread: Clean Bulk

soldierboy1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clean Bulk

Does anyone know what a clean bulk is? What foods should I eat while on a clean bulk and about how many calories should I be consuming? Please help..thank you!

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by soldierboy1989 View Post
    Does anyone know what a clean bulk is? What foods should I eat while on a clean bulk and about how many calories should I be consuming? Please help..thank you!
    Usually people just mean a few hundred calories over maintenance in order to minimize fat gain. Unlike a "dirty" bulk where you eat everything in sight and worry about fat later.

You'll get lots of opinions on how much over maintenance. I think it's an individual thing, and a lot depends on how well you are dialed into your maintenance numbers. Start at a couple hundred over and see how you do. Monitor your waist with a tape measure weekly in the AM, it's the best way to catch fat gain early.

Calories required to store or burn a pound of fat are very well known, but we know far less about the true caloric "cost" of building a pound of muscle.

soldierboy1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks alot bro! I will consider eating more calories then I burn for a clean cut..What are your current goals? Do you take protien or supplements?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by soldierboy1989 View Post
    Thanks alot bro! I will consider eating more calories then I burn for a clean cut..What are your current goals? Do you take protien or supplements?
    I'm sort of recomping at the moment, making small gains, cutting a little fat. It's a slow process, but it suits me.

I like protein powder for the convenience, plus you can make some interesting recipes with it. I also like preworkout stimulants, creatine, fish oil, multivitamin (I don't like many vegetables). I've experimented with other stuff, but those are the staple things that provide the most benefit in most circumstances.