ZakMorrison has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ZakMorrison has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Pulled Maybe Torn Trap Muscle

Managed to pull or tear my left side trap, woke up this morning in a dodgey position and jerked because I got a fright (not sure why), heard a massive crack in my neck then there was alot of pain straight after and now I struggle tilting my head to the left. Been keeping a heat pillow thing on it most of the day and taking painkillers regularly, just wondering if there was any way to speed up the healing process and how long I'd be out for?

Thanks

gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you really want to know if the muscle's torn... Get an MRI. I really doubt you went so far as to tear a muscle by awkwardly moving your body. It seems more likely based on what you've said that you hurt your neck, or a tendon around it. When I injured my supraspinatus, I couldn't properly rotate or lean my head to my left.

In terms of recovery: R.I.C.E

EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EvilExists has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    go to the doctor

ZakMorrison has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ZakMorrison has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gb5k View Post
    If you really want to know if the muscle's torn... Get an MRI. I really doubt you went so far as to tear a muscle by awkwardly moving your body. It seems more likely based on what you've said that you hurt your neck, or a tendon around it. When I injured my supraspinatus, I couldn't properly rotate or lean my head to my left.

In terms of recovery: R.I.C.E
    I'm the same I'm having difficulty moving my head to the left and rotating it, probably should go to the docs but I might leave till' Wednesday to see if the pain dies down, take it I should be icing my neck/shoulder instead of placing heat on it?

gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes. But not for longer than ~10 mins at a time.

Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000)
    You did not tear a muscle, trust me. When I tore my hamstring it felt like I got shot in the leg, and I could not move it at all.

Originally Posted by gb5k View Post
    Yes. But not for longer than ~10 mins at a time.
    Thanks for the advice man, I'll start icing it asap hope this clears up fast

Originally Posted by Pinkton View Post
    You did not tear a muscle, trust me. When I tore my hamstring it felt like I got shot in the leg, and I could not move it at all.
    Yeah I know that now, must've been bad how long did it take to heal?

Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ZakMorrison View Post
    Yeah I know that now, must've been bad how long did it take to heal?
    Over a year but it was a partial tendon/muscle tear. Tendons take a lot longer to heal than muscles

timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Over a year but it was a partial tendon/muscle tear. Tendons take a lot longer to heal than muscles
    Really a year? I tore my bicep (i know its smaller than hamstrings) and was lifting again in just over a month

Originally Posted by timmzzy1 View Post
    Really a year? I tore my bicep (i know its smaller than hamstrings) and was lifting again in just over a month
    Yeah man took a while, it still hurts from time to time.

timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah man took a while, it still hurts from time to time.
    Yeah it would, i just realized i forgot to say something in my last post, when i was 13 i was playing hockey and got in an awkward position between two players and managed to tear and dislocate my deltoid/shoulder and that took 3 years to heal properly and still hurts if i do certain exercises

Yeah my neck's pretty F'd up, hope it stops hurting for Christmas though. Then after the year I'll start training hard and hopefully make as much gains as I can. PS I think I've pulled the mastoid? Muscle up the left side of my neck like the muscle just behind the ear?

Yeah just looked online it's the trapezius muscle but at the very back of my neck on the left side

Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You've most likely just pulled the muscle. Keep icing it and try to occasionally stretch your neck.

Originally Posted by Enix View Post
    You've most likely just pulled the muscle. Keep icing it and try to occasionally stretch your neck.
    Just iced there, stretched it there too, should I alternate between ice and heat?