ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Airline pilots/crew. Anyone here?

I did a search and couldn't find anything. Additionally I'm not 100% sure this is the correct place to put this thread, so here goes nothing:

Are there any airline pilots or flight attendants here that follow a nutrition and workout program successfully?

I'm a pilot myself and am just getting back into lifting after a several year layoff due to a shoulder injury.

What do you do for nutrition on the road?

And ( while I'm at it) what do you do for training on the road?

I think it would be really challenging to pack enough food for the whole trip - packing enough quality nutrition to last 4-5 days and packing stuff that customs won't confiscate. Plus guaranteeing somehow that you'll actually be able to heat/ cook your food at the hotel. I once asked for a microwave at a Hilton ( really nice one) in Nashville and they acted like they'd never heard of such a strange device. "You want a what? A retro encabulator?"

As for training... some of the hotel gyms consist of a treadmill in the janitors closet. I can't exactly pack 50lb dumbbells in my overnight bag either. What to do?

765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000)
    check this out for workout http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...0521351&page=1 calisthenics

In terms of food, you could try packing 4-5 days worth using one of those vacuum bagging machines hoping it doesn't go bad. What are you eating currently? You could up the calories...Also look into IIFYM (if it fits your macros) start by reading this - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    you are only here once

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Workout in hotel gyms that have them
    If they dont do bodyweight exercises or bring resistance bands with you
    Run outside if the weather is decent

Surprised to hear hotel rooms without microwaves. Most have them + a mini fridge
    But oats, protein powder, peanut butter, dry cereal, nuts, dried beans, canned tuna, canned tomatoes. Cook proats in the microwave. Go to the store (locally if possible) and buy eggs or small pack of meat to cook in the microwave and some potatoes.
    Yogurt in the minifridge and mix protein powder in.

Try to pick things high in protein and not cooked in oil/sauces at hotel restaurants
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000) Armstrongha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Side question for you op

Where is the best place to find discount tickets from an airport? Like when someone cancels last minute and they want to fill the seat and mark down the price 80% and stuff. Please respond.

ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotgunMessiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Armstrongha View Post
    Side question for you op

Where is the best place to find discount tickets from an airport? Like when someone cancels last minute and they want to fill the seat and mark down the price 80% and stuff. Please respond.
    Not a clue man. I just fly the planes. I don't sell the tickets.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Workout in hotel gyms that have them
    If they dont do bodyweight exercises or bring resistance bands with you
    Run outside if the weather is decent

Surprised to hear hotel rooms without microwaves. Most have them + a mini fridge
    But oats, protein powder, peanut butter, dry cereal, nuts, dried beans, canned tuna, canned tomatoes. Cook proats in the microwave. Go to the store (locally if possible) and buy eggs or small pack of meat to cook in the microwave and some potatoes.
    Yogurt in the minifridge and mix protein powder in.

Try to pick things high in protein and not cooked in oil/sauces at hotel restaurants
    Only some hotels have microwaves. Some have the mini fridge. The one I'm in tonight has the fridge, but no microwave. I'd say 30% have microwaves. I can only think of two places, maybe three that have a grocery store within walking distance from the hotel where we stay. Out of the US... forget about it. I like the oats and other things you suggested, only problem is foreign customs would confiscate it and US customs would tag you with a $500 fine if they caught you bringing it back. That might not be a big deal though. I only fly internationally occasionally, not every trip (i totally just jinxed myself there). I imagine my first officer wouldn't appreciate me stinking up the cockpit with tuna, lol. Oh well. I'm the captain, he's just going to have to deal with it!

Looks like I'm hitting the store Tuesday with a determined4000 inspired shopping list.

InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, US customs confiscate oats?!?!? First I have ever heard of it. Better be careful tonight when I arrive in SFO.

You could always do Jerky instead of Tuna, may prevent the FO from stabbing you with his/her plastic fork.

I tend to grab salad rolls or sandwiches from coffee shops or at the airport to take with me to work. Our crew meals are horrendous!

As for hitting the gym. The hotels we stay at are not to bad with equipment. Just gotta make do, till I get back home.

Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Armstrongha View Post
    Side question for you op

lol you ask a pilot who never ever has to look to buy tickets where to get good deals? hah
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★ <--- Copy and paste. Lets get this scooby part rollin!!!

Originally Posted by InvertedTiger View Post
    Wow, US customs confiscate oats?!?!? First I have ever heard of it. Better be careful tonight when I arrive in SFO.

You could always do Jerky instead of Tuna, may prevent the FO from stabbing you with his/her plastic fork.

I tend to grab salad rolls or sandwiches from coffee shops or at the airport to take with me to work. Our crew meals are horrendous!

As for hitting the gym. The hotels we stay at are not to bad with equipment. Just gotta make do, till I get back home.
    Our crew meals are too. Most hotels have ok equipment, but some don't have any.

As far as oats...not sure if they'll take those, but I do know a few guys that took an apple to work, didn't eat it, and when going through customs when they got back they got fined $500. Mexico will for sure take oats. They even gave me a hard time about factory sealed rice.

InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) InvertedTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep, we have had guys fined for forgetting they had jerky/biltong in their bags, ice-cream as well!

Thanks for the hands up on Mexico with the oats and rice. Hope I never have to go there anytime soon.

Originally Posted by InvertedTiger View Post
    Yep, we have had guys fined for forgetting they had jerky/biltong in their bags, ice-cream as well!

Thanks for the hands up on Mexico with the oats and rice. Hope I never have to go there anytime soon.
    I asked us customs last night and they said oats are ok.

Thanks for asking customs, man. Repped.