Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000)

Hitokiry's Workout Journal

I will use this platform to record my progress during the followings months. I'm 31 years old , height 5' 8'' and i am planning to start today the Kelei's workout on a cut.

I began training 8 months ago with a weight of 174 lbs and 25,5% bf. In four months i got to 146 lbs and 17% bf but i got way too skinny. i think it was because i drop the weight too fast. So i decided to do a minibulk for 4 months. the firt month i eat at maintenance and then i aim to gain 1lb per week for 3 months. I use the shortcut to size program and i really gain some strenght but in my opinion i got too fat.

Right now i am 161 lbs and 18 to 20% bf. I really like the Kelei's workout, because of all the people that help each others, and especially because of Kelei's is willing to help us and share his knowledge with everyone.

I plan to do the four day split using the following sequence:

Monday: D3
    Tuesday: D1+D2
    Thursday: D3
    Friday: D1+D2

I don't have much problem following diets. i don't drink and i don't smoke. I learn how to calculate my macros on this site using the post of Lemma Leigh or something like that.

The next two weeks i will eat at maintenance which is aproximately 2600 kcals. My macros are:

P:156 g
    F: 72 g
    C: 312

You can see photos of my monthly progress on my bodyspace. I dont think i can upload pictures here because i don't have 50 posts.

And lastly, my main motivation was to get back at my ex gf because we split after five years together (how childish is that). The first months were the best and my motivation was sky high, then i began to forget about her but going to the gym and dieting almost became a hobby of mine so can't let go now. I am like addicted to this thing now.

My goal is to get to 148 lbs and 12% in the next four months.

Today i start this program.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Hitokiry; 07-01-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: I add a picture

Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitokiry is a name known to all. (+5000)

D3

My stats:

Romanian Deadlift: 100 lbs x10 reps(i have a minor injury on my low back so i did with fewer weight, the next week i will do with my normal 160 lbs)

Front squat: 140 lbs x 10 reps( i couldn't lift 180 lbs that i do with the squats, maybe it's because i never done this exercise before, my wrist hurt a little but no too much i will get used to it)

Seated leg curl: 70 lbs or kg (don’t know)x 10 reps

Leg extensions: 90 lbs or kg (don’t know)x10 reps

Calf press: 280 lbs x10 reps

Seated calf raises: 70 lbsx10 reps

Nutrition was on point yesterday. I take glutamine, protein shakes, bcaa and fish oil.
    The moments of my life in which I've grown had to do with failures; the moments of my life when I've gotten worse, had to do with success. Success is deforming, relax, deceives, makes us worse, we fall in love too much of ourselves; failure is the opposite, it's formative, makes us strong, brings us closer to our convictions, make us consistent.

Marcelo Bielsa

Tuesday July 02-07 : D1+D2

Finished D1+D2. Took me an hour and 50 mins. All the exercises were made until 40 reps resting only the needed for sets of 3 reps.

Bench Press: 110 lbs

Incline bench press: 100 lbs

Rope pressdowns: 60 lbs or kgs don't know

Overhead dumble extensions: One dumble of 22,5 kgs

Dumble side laterals: 10 kgs on each hand

Chin up: 7 reps (total 35)

Pull up: 5 reps (total 25)

Seated rows: 80 lbs or kgs don't know

Rear delt flyes: 10 kgs on each hand

Preacher curl: 65 lbs

Diet on point yesterday.
    The moments of my life in which I've grown had to do with failures; the moments of my life when I've gotten worse, had to do with success. Success is deforming, relax, deceives, makes us worse, we fall in love too much of ourselves; failure is the opposite, it's formative, makes us strong, brings us closer to our convictions, make us consistent.

Marcelo Bielsa

I feel really sore today....my calves and triceps are killing me and today is D3...i thnik that tomorrow i may not be able to walk

Marcelo Bielsa

D3

Romanian Deadlift: 110 lbs x10 reps

Front squat: 140 lbs x 10 reps

Seated leg curl: 70 lbs or kg (don’t know)x 10 reps

Leg extensions: 110 lbs or kg (don’t know)x10 reps

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2

07-06-2013

Overhead dumble extensions single arm: 10 kgs each hand

Chin up: 10 reps (total 50)

Pull up: 4 reps (total 20)

My left wrist is struggling, specially on the bench press. In the last repetitions , the wrist goes back. The chin ups totally destroy me and after the 50 reps i barely could do pull ups.

Marcelo Bielsa

D3 (3rd time)

Romanian Deadlift: 110 lbs x10 reps

Front squat: 140 lbs x 10 reps

Seated leg curl: 90 lbs or kg (don’t know)x 10 reps

It's getting easier now. At least i'm not sore anymore. My left wrist suffers with the front squats.

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2

Took me two hours, the gym was full yesterday.I feel bad when i have to tell people in the gym that i can´t share the equipment because of the routine.

Overhead dumble extensions single arm: 12,5 kgs each hand

Pull up: 6 reps (total 33)

Marcelo Bielsa

Romanian Deadlift: 120 lbs x10 reps

Squat: 200 lbs x 10 reps

I change the front squats for the squats because my left wrist suffers too much doing this excercise. Tomorrow ends my maintenance stage. I'm currently 161.8 lbs. And today is the turn of D1+D2

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2

Overhead dumble extensions single arm: 12.5 kgs each hand

Chin up: 8 reps (total 40)

Pull up: 7 reps (total 35)

After two weeks eating on maintenance, my weight is 73,4 kg. I gain 0,4 kg in two weeks. Today i start my cutting, i will eat aproximately 2250 kcals. 350 kcals less than my maintenance. I have time until december (my final goal) so i will slow cut.

Marcelo Bielsa

D3

Romanian Deadlift: 180 lbs x10 reps

Since i begin to cut on Monday, i change the total of reps. For D3 i'm doing 40 reps and for D1+D2 i am doing 30.

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2

Chin up: 8 reps (total 40)

Pull up: 6 reps (total 30)

Preacher curl: 70 lbs

Marcelo Bielsa

Thrusday D3

Total reps in each exercise 40 reps.

i'm doing the P90X program For abs because i want to work more my abs

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2 (20-07)

Pull up: 5 reps (total 25)

Marcelo Bielsa

D3 (22-07)

Squat: 160 lbs x 10 reps

Seated leg curl: 110 lbs or kg (don’t know)x 10 reps

I lowered the weight in the squats because i weasn't getting low enough. I'm gaining strength in all the exercises, still i can't get to twelve reps but i'm on eleven.

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2 (23-07)

Bench Press: 115 lbs

Chin up: 10 reps (total 30)

Pull up: 10 reps (total 30)

Marcelo Bielsa

D3 (25-07)

This day i was tired. Questioning myself why i am doing this and putting so much effort.Then, in one of the televisions right in front of me starts a show on espn about muhammad ali. it was about all the events of his life and his great quotes, repeated not by him, but famous people, since hollywood stars to musicians. But the thing that motivate as phuark was when he took the olympic flame in Atlanta.

That day i destroyed all the exercises.

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2 (26-07)

Chin up: 12 reps (total 30)

Pull up: 12 reps (total 30)

I notest that if i rest maybe 5 minutes between the chin ups and pullups i can do more reps and finish the 10 reps for the pull ups.

Marcelo Bielsa

D3

Calf press: 280 lbs x 20 reps

Seated calf raises: 70 lbsx 20 reps

Total reps in each exercise 30 reps, except calf press and seated calf raises which are 45 and 60 reps

Marcelo Bielsa

Rope pressdowns: 70 lbs or kgs don't know

Overhead dumble extensions single arm: 15 kgs each hand

Chin up: 8 reps (total 30)

Pull up: 8 reps (total 30)

Nutrition on point. My weight is going according to plan (0.5 kg loss per week)

Marcelo Bielsa

Seated leg curl: 130 lbs or kg (don’t know)x 10 reps

Leg extensions: 130 lbs or kg (don’t know)x10 reps

Calf press: 300 lbs x 15 reps

Seated calf raises: 80 lbsx 20 reps

Total reps in each exercise 30 reps, except calf press and seated calf raises which are 45 and 60 reps. My strength is going up even now that i'm cutting. The cutting is doing great, i'm currently 72.5 kgs. Not even once a cheat.

Marcelo Bielsa

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed! I'm also doing Kelei's routine, but cutting because I have some fat to lose. Keep it up!

ps I know the feeling of not being able to share equipment. They ask how when I'll be done, and I say,"I don't know...5 more sets of 3?"
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

Thanks robosphere, so far i really like this routine and i am also cutting.

I can tell, You have made great process using this routine, congrats.

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2 (02-08-13)

Incline bench press: 110 lbs

Overhead dumble extensions single arm: 25 kgs both hands

I had to travel to see my parents this weekend in another city. For two days, the diet went to hell.

Marcelo Bielsa

D3 (02-08)

Romanian Deadlift: 200 lbs x10 reps

Leg extensions: 150 lbs or kg (don’t know)x10 reps

I'm a little discouraged because in the weekend i went off the diet and i gain 1.5 kg!!...three weeks going down to the trash. I don't even know why, i didn't eat too much, just things that i didn't eat all the time. I was going so well

i will start over, there's no other option.

Marcelo Bielsa

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hitokiry View Post

I'm a little discouraged because in the weekend i went off the diet and i gain 1.5 kg!!...three weeks going down to the trash. I don't even know why, i didn't eat too much, just things that i didn't eat all the time. I was going so well

i will start over, there's no other option.

This is the struggle for most people, me included! Sticking to diet is HARD.
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    This is the struggle for most people, me included! Sticking to diet is HARD.
    The weekends are terrible.Especially if i go out.

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2 (07-08-13)

Rear delt flyes: 12.5 kgs on each hand

Marcelo Bielsa

D3 (09-08)

Went out yesterday to party. I sleep maybe 4 hours, inyecting myself with cofee. In 6 hours more i have to do D1+D2. I'm gonna die right there.

Marcelo Bielsa

D1+d2 (09-08-13)

Rear delt flyes: 12.5 kgs on each hand

Marcelo Bielsa