GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetHuge50 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

5/3/1 Vs Juggernaut

Hey guys,

I'm looking to compete in mid-end of 2013. I have been running PHAT for the past 6 months with good results. (Only thing I hate is alternating deads and squats every week)-- But anyway, I was about to buy the Juggernaut ebook, but before I do I wanted to ask your experiences on which you prefer, Juggernaut or 5/3/1?

I really want a program to cycle with PHAT, but I'm not sure which one to chose. I like Juggernaut in the sense that its higher in volume in the main lifts (10s, 8's), but It just seems pretty complicated and a hassle- and I don't even have a spreadsheet. Like 5/3/1 there a million different spreadsheets and resources out there.

Any preference/experiences?

Also, for your accessory work for these two, do you guys use Wednler's bodybuilding template on his website?

QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I ran PHAT for about 10 months leading into my first bodybuilding show in March, I then ran Wendler 5/3/1 for about 5 months and did another show in June. I enjoyed switching programs because I was burnt out from all the volume, by the time I ended PHAT I had a lot of extra exercises and sets I added in. 5/3/1 was a lot simpler and it focused on the basics, I eventually added more accessory work in to that also. Never heard of juggernaut. I recently just completed Smolov with great results. As long as you pick a program that has the basics (squats, deads, bench, presses, rows, etc...) and track macros, you should be fine. I'm on more of a custom upper/lower split now.

gymguy6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you squat and deadlift on the same day when you did PHAT?

would you care to post up your upper lower split?

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm about to enter the realization week of the 5's wave with the Juggernaut training. Juggernaut is basically a more extended version of 5/3/1, similar principles but the first few phases have rep's higher than 5 (10's and 8's wave).

I actually have a modified template that also incorporates an optional 5th day for BB'ing, as well as some more advanced lifting techniques for the accessory work (RPE, BFR, Myo-reps etc) PM me your email and I can give you some more info on it.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im currently in the 8's wave of Juggernaut....and I am enjoying it so far. I was dealing with some lower back and hip issues when I started and the lower intensity has helped me to recover. I have run a 531 program as well (in prep and out) and I think the main advantage of that is its simplicity. Both protocols are properly periodized and balanced and would be fine to run in contest prep.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adamjohn32 View Post
    I'm about to enter the realization week of the 5's wave with the Juggernaut training. Juggernaut is basically a more extended version of 5/3/1, similar principles but the first few phases have rep's higher than 5 (10's and 8's wave).

I actually have a modified template that also incorporates an optional 5th day for BB'ing, as well as some more advanced lifting techniques for the accessory work (RPE, BFR, Myo-reps etc) PM me your email and I can give you some more info on it.
    Hey Adam....if I PM my address, can you email me the template as well?--Thanks, Brian
    Brian Mauer
    Mauer@ahlstromfitness.com
    Beyonddriven.com
    Co-owner Beyond Driven, LLC
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder