Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)

Hand Grippers - a Set v Adjustable ?

I've read through most of the hand gripper threads, hasn't been a real recent one

Anyway, i don't want to spend top dollar so am looking at the Heavy Grips 6 gripper set or the Iron Woody or Ivanko Adjustable gripper. I have to admit, those adjustable ones look ugly and i was thinking of taking them to work to use in my breaks. The regular grippers are obviously more discrete than the big adjustable ones.

Any suggestions ?

thanks

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    David Horne and Robert Baraban make pretty good adjustables. the adjustable feels different to the ironmind and heavy grips type of grippers because the spring is different. great product none the less. google them and see what you think.

otherwise, id probably go with Captains of Crush grippers because their the Daddy.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Aussieguy101 View Post

Anyway, i don't want to spend top dollar so am looking at the Heavy Grips 6 gripper set or the Iron Woody or Ivanko Adjustable gripper.
    Chrsitian's Fitness Factory has a gripper which is almost a hybrid between an Ivanko and a CoC. It's well priced too:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CFF-Super...item20c2948529

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had the Ivanko and couldn't get into it. The handle was small diameter and hurt the palm of my hand. Also, the springs would get wedged stuck and they were a real PITA to adjust. Maybe mine just had the springs installed with the wrong orientation or something???

I just got the Bone Crushers. Nice and compact. I can throw them in my car console and use them while commuting. I do have 1 COC gripper and the quality is way better.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 21

one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Curlers View Post
    David Horne and Robert Baraban make pretty good adjustables. the adjustable feels different to the ironmind and heavy grips type of grippers because the spring is different. great product none the less. google them and see what you think.

otherwise, id probably go with Captains of Crush grippers because their the Daddy.
    ^^^^
    this

I sell all types of grippers in my ebay store. The best non-adjustable gripper: COC, followed closely by Robert Baraban's RB series, then Heavy Grips.

Baraban and Horne both make adjustables, with Barabans having the better workmanship and finish. I would choose an adjustable just for the fact with more adjustments you can get past a certain tension level quicker.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its a very personal decision OP based on your goals and intended use.

I would rather have a good quality adjustable over a set of heavy grips any day. The old vulcan gripper is ugly but very functional, but the new laser cut version looks great. I would personally never buy the baraban adjustable as I remember when he brought it out in direct competition with David Horne. Its probably mostly forgotten, but it was all very underhand at the time, and I don't think they've spoken since.

The Ivanko with the modded handles that Daniel linked above has always appealed to me, but I've never had a chance to try one.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've got a set of the Bonecrushers and one of the adjustable with the knurled handles. I can't compare the BC'rs to the CoC's or anything else....because I haven't seen them. I would take others' advice on them as the truth because many people have said had much better the CoC's are. That said, the Bonecrushers are made really well and offer the varying degrees of resistance that one should be looking for. I have no regrets, I'm really happy with the quality and would buy them again.

On the adjustable, I like it too and haven't had any bad experiences with it. I would definitely spend the extra money and get the one with the knurled grip. Except for the size, it pretty much feels like the BC'rs do in my hand. Its easy and quick to adjust the tension and you can pretty much infinitely make the thing harder by adding extra springs. You can also more easily train pinch strength stuff with them.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Chrsitian's Fitness Factory has a gripper which is almost a hybrid between an Ivanko and a CoC. It's well priced too:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CFF-Super...item20c2948529
    anyone know the spread of this gripper? the captains of crush grippers (which are 2.75") seem to bother my knuckles because i injured them using them grippers before. a plate loaded gripperdoesnt bother them though, because i can adjust the distance of the handles. also, there is a difference resistance curve.
    i was thinking last night that id like to have an adjustable gripper that more closely mimics the movement of the plate loaded gripper, compared to the COC grippers. this gripper would be perfect if the handles arent spread to far apart.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have one of these, this is the adjustable that I spoke of. Its pretty much exactly like the one you're talking about, but I don't know if they're the same or not. I included some pics with a tape measure to help you see. At the narrow end of the grip, the distance is about 2 7/8". At the wide end, its about 3 5/8".

I really like this grip. Your thread made me get mine out and mess around with it. It really is good for a number of exercises and the adjustable/addable springs make it impossible to out grow. I has able to use it for regular squeezes, pinch grips, two handed grips, and individual finger/thumb training. So...it was even able to be used much like that rubber band trainer that came up a few days ago for the thumb.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Cheers for that. i appreciate you took time to upload some photos. i think the only way i could use this gripper, or any gripper without a problem, is if i use it upside down (smallest sweep at the top). iit wont work to great with the COCs, but it might be a bit better with the gripper. although it will probably still feel awkward.

ill have a think about getting one of these grippers, but i cant see myself using the Ironmind grippers anymore, probably sell them or put them in a corner for now. im thinking of mixing in towels, thick handles and ropes into my regular training instead.

im gonna order some of those Iron Bull Grips. the 2" ones though, not 2.5" like the FatGripz.

EDIT: thinking about it, these definatley have a much narrower spread than the COC grippers. the regular grippers have a distance of 2.75" on the inside, while these are closer to 1.75".
    Thanks again for putting up some pictures. i think ill order one of these now.