darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Please do not believe all these studies relating meats & eggs to heart disease

Hello everybody,

I'm really impressed by the number of people over here who are scared of egg yolks & red meat, first of all because of the saturated fat content, and second because of the cholesterol content. I see that most of the people who always have negative comments about meats & eggs, are not european. In fact, in europe we consume a lot of these foods, without worrying or even thinking about it.

Let me talk about France. There is a phenomenon called "French Paradox", it is known worldwide, you can check Wikipedia about it, and if you want more info, just google the term. Our everyday foods are considered high in saturated fat & cholesterol, however, we have a very low rate of coronary heart disease. If the cause was saturated fat & cholesterol, everybody would have diet from heart disease.

Some scientists believed that the resveratrol content in red wine was the ingredient that supported the cardiovascular system against plaque, but the reality is, we consume far less sodas, candy, or any other processed food that contains high sugar (especially high-fructose corn syrup) than the US, plus we do not sugar-snack in between meals. We eat tons of high fat cheese, we litterally have hundreds of types.

This is why I'm really surprised when I see some of your comments, bashing saturated fat & cholesterol. I have never seen in my whole life anybody throwing the yolk out of the egg while making an omelette, plus it is not considered a good thing to do since it is a "food", and throwing food is not good.

The amazing thing is, almost everybody in my city is in a healthy bodyweight range, you rarely see fat people. If you go shopping for clothes, you do not find these XXXL sizes, it does not exist. If anybody wears this size, they would order it for him. As a matter of fact, fat people have a nickname here, they are called "bouboule". And being a bouboule is not a good thing because everybody will be making fun of.

Ok, so all of these info so far apply pretty much to my generation and the older ones. Contrarily, if you go to schools now, you start seeing fat kids (which was extremely rare when I was in school). I watched a TV episode about it, how the number of fat kids is increasing, and this is because of the new add-ons that are now included in the diet! which are candy & sodas. Plus these kids are getting addicted to them.

It is not uncommon to see an 80 year old normal-sized man in a restaurant having steak with a salad, cheese and wine. Of course he won't be paranoid about having heart disease, because for him it makes no sense whatsoever.

If you have any study which concludes that "eating meat without sodas, candy & carbohydrate processed foods" is dangerous to the cardiovascular health, please share it with me, I'm not finding any. Thanks

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Last time I checked most people on this forum (this section at least) do not value those studies, as the said studies suppose correlation = causation, no?

darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kahldris View Post
    Last time I checked most people on this forum (this section at least) do not value those studies, as the said studies suppose correlation = causation, no?
    In these last 2 days, I've seen several topics in this section of people bashing fat & cholesterol based on whatever studies they believe in, and I replied! However as you said a lot of the guys here do not value those. And you did good mentioning "(this section at least)" !

There are very good studies that have been done, which closely monitored what the volunteers ate (solely meat for that matter), on the long term, and the results are very clear. I'm just wondering if there is a study that also closely watched what volunteers ate (meat, candy, sodas & processed carbohydrates), where we can see a clear result? I would love to see that in order to compare what effect the "candy, sodas & processed carbohydrates" part has on one's health.

I would like to read documents like this one, with the simple difference of adding the foods I noted, and see what the result will be. Then we can have a correct conclusion if meat was really causing all this harm.
    Attached Files

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am yet to see a thread where more than 1 person is against red meat/saturated fats..

Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    I am yet to see a thread where more than 1 person is against red meat/saturated fats..
    This thread is dedicated to them. Not to people who agree

Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm going to be traveling to France in a few days and reading that just makes me excited for the food... Love good cheeses.
    iSatori MAXON Powerbuilding Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168656293

Originally Posted by Kevin71 View Post
    I'm going to be traveling to France in a few days and reading that just makes me excited for the food... Love good cheeses.
    Yes sir. You're gona see that everything described in this thread is totally true. Hope you enjoy your trip! By the way, cheese here is served as dessert also, I don't know if in your hometown you have that?

dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Darkcloudcover, I do agree with you, although perhaps for different reasons. I am from Lyon myself, and can contest that eating a higher percentage of saturated fats does not seem to effect the population's weight gain. However, I would attribute that to the quality of the fats, rather than the amount of it. I don't think there is any science proving this, but I truly believe in it for it works this way on me; For example, when you eat a steak coming from a healthy, free roaming, fresh air breathing, grass eating strong animal born and raised in the French country-side, you are literally putting that energy into your body. However, when you are consuming meat from a grain-fed, polluted air breathing, artificially grown, weak animal, although the macronutrients might be the same, you are still putting the energy of that specific animal into your body. The saturated fat content might be the same, yet the energy you are consuming is going to effect you much differently, especially as it build up over time. If you become in-tune with your body and mind, you will begin to notice the subtle differences these different sources of energy have on your organism. Additionally, saturated fats coming from healthy and powerful animals is a great source of power to us humans. It's literally just a transference of energy from one animal to another. Choose your energy wisely.

Originally Posted by dylmill View Post
    Darkcloudcover, I do agree with you, although perhaps for different reasons. I am from Lyon myself, and can contest that eating a higher percentage of saturated fats does not seem to effect the population's weight gain. However, I would attribute that to the quality of the fats, rather than the amount of it. I don't think there is any science proving this, but I truly believe in it for it works this way on me; For example, when you eat a steak coming from a healthy, free roaming, fresh air breathing, grass eating strong animal born and raised in the French country-side, you are literally putting that energy into your body. However, when you are consuming meat from a grain-fed, polluted air breathing, artificially grown, weak animal, although the macronutrients might be the same, you are still putting the energy of that specific animal into your body. The saturated fat content might be the same, yet the energy you are consuming is going to effect you much differently, especially as it build up over time. If you become in-tune with your body and mind, you will begin to notice the subtle differences these different sources of energy have on your organism. Additionally, saturated fats coming from healthy and powerful animals is a great source of power to us humans. It's literally just a transference of energy from one animal to another. Choose your energy wisely.
    Agree with you sir. Repped

Originally Posted by dylmill View Post
    This is Dave Palumbo talking about the subject, go to 06:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPNI7tMTIWY

dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylmill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cool video, he does talk about it a little. I wish more "well known" (people who are listened to by a wide audience) people would talk about this stuff in more depth. However, the website he links you to at the end is not cheap at all, at least not as cheap as he said

MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisturrBlake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    There are people who are bulking that constantly drink low-fat milk then eat almonds for fat.
    Vegeta is roughly the same height crew

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MisturrBlake View Post
    There are people who are bulking that constantly drink low-fat milk then eat almonds for fat.
    It is comical, isn't it?

Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by darkcloudcover View Post
    Yes sir. You're gona see that everything described in this thread is totally true. Hope you enjoy your trip! By the way, cheese here is served as dessert also, I don't know if in your hometown you have that?
    Haha, not at all. Here cheese is served yellow, covering everything and desserts and served full of delicious sugars. One reason I am excited for cheeses, here it is mostly cheap crap.
    iSatori MAXON Powerbuilding Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168656293

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by darkcloudcover View Post
    This is Dave Palumbo talking about the subject, go to 06:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPNI7tMTIWY
    Dave Palumbo.. The guy was kicked out university because he was caught making 'supplements' in the lab.. lol

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ Is that true? I thought he finished three years of med school and then simply quit.

BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think the general consensus I have seen is that the issues with egg yolks and red meat are all basically myths and that blood cholesterol and the cholesterol of food are not actually related in the way these myths suggest.
    I hate haters

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    ^^^ Is that true? I thought he finished three years of med school and then simply quit.

I never spoke to Dave so I can't be 100% sure but that's what I heard from someone close to him.