Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFWGray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent review. I think you have changed my mind about buying a Rogue R3.

Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scout255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Using UPS accounting services and dealing with them are 2 different things.

Rogue would be crazy to prepay UPS for brokerage. If they are prepaying anyone, I'd have to guess it would be Canadian Border Services through a Canadian importer (Rogue Canada).

Once the border fees (HST) are paid, border services gives the importer a form to send to UPS accounting saying that the importer has cleared the goods ahead and UPS "services" are not required. This is where UPS freight and UPS accounting forget talk to each other and your stuff gets stuck at the point of entry. One side waiting for it to clear and the other forgetting to communicate that it was already done before it arrived. Maybe it happened differently in your case but with the carrier fees being what they are, I can't see a US internet/mail order business being able to sustain a competitive business in Canada without doing what I described above. There may be other ways, but I've done my homework on this.
    Rogue uses UPS Supply Chain Solutions as the brokerage for their freight shipments sent to Canada (atleast they did with mine). UPS Freight had the registered importing / brokerage company for customs clearnace for my package listed as "UPS SCS" (I can't post a link to their site due to post count, but if you google it you'll see they are an full service international brokerage company who handle customs clearance). My package was lost between the two of them, and UPS Frieght refused to contact UPS SCS themselves, and UPS SCS refused to provide a status update to an end customer. As such, Rogue needed to contact them and was eventually able to get my package cleared (apparently UPS freight forgot to forward paperwork to UPS scs, or UPS scs lost the paperwork, then when that was finished the same thing happened again with the clearance paperwork....)

Probably not the cheapest way of getting it cleared, but it is certainly the most convenient for Rogue. Likely when they used to have the Edmonton warehouse they cleared it themselves, but I do not believe that is the case anylonger (and it certainly was not with my package)

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll update the photos with better ones tomorrow in daylight. I have one bulb in the garage and am not sure what to upgrade to. Maybe I'll start a thread about that. Somebody must know lights.
    I didn't see if you did start a thread about lighting.

If you don't feel like wiring new lights, I have a "cheap" solution that works really well.

My setup is currently in a garage that my gf also uses to paint - since she is always going on about how important "natural lighting" is for her work we rigged something up.

we use something similar to these:

I happened to have one (actually 3 but only use one) but you can get them for under $50 - no real need for high quality.

But the light can be a bit too harsh, so we made a diffuser by getting a cheap white sheet and folding two edges over a piece of threaded rod (a broomstick will work or anything similarly shaped) - one side to hang it from the ceiling, the other side to weigh down the sheet to keep it flat. You could get a lot more complex here, but it works fine, just hang it in front of the work light and it diffuses the light really well.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    damn you, GarageIron!!! lol

This one thread has made me flip 180...

I was planning to down size a lot of my equip, basically lessen my weight room.... now after a couple days of pondering/dreaming, I am planning on turning my breezeway into my new workout room (putting up walls, doors, etc) - as it has a concrete floor, compared to the hardwood floor of my current workout "room" (I put it in parentheses due to it being a mess and full of excess junk, as i only use it for elliptical and 1 weight training day, the other days I do at work).

Damn you and sorinex for having such a badass rack....
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

Kleptoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GarageIron, thanks for the awesome review. But If you were to have bought this rack without driving down to the States and had them ship it directly to your house in Canada, do you know how much it would have cost?
    There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.
    keLeeFitness.com

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kleptoma View Post
    GarageIron, thanks for the awesome review. But If you were to have bought this rack without driving down to the States and had them ship it directly to your house in Canada, do you know how much it would have cost?
    I didn't even look into it. I can basically see the US border and all of their glorious cheese from my window.

I'm guessing you'd pay about $200 more for shipping and then have to pay the brokerage and bonding at a $150+. It's easy to calculate on the ups website, it just hurts. I will never do it again. I ran a test a few months ago on a Best Belt. $78 USA shipped. Even though the Canadian dollar is now stronger than the US, it was still $134 shipped, and that was tax free somehow.

Much has changed since this review even though it was not long ago.

Sorinex has asked me to become a Canadian dealer. This happened 2 days ago.

I'm sure this is at least partly a result of the review on this site and its response. I have accepted that offer and can now sell all of their products in Canada.

This is how I know about the $799 DH and there is also some collegiate bars they make and do not advertise that are on route. Can't wait to get them.

This is a perfect time for this thread to get bumped. I did not have any affiliation to Sorinex at the start of this thread. I was a dude that wanted a rack better than my R3 in my garage. I paid full pricez I did get a Bosco book because they sent me the wrong uprights. It was a super cool book though.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-26-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I didn't even look into it. I can basically see the US border and all of their glorious cheese from my window.

I'm guessing you'd pay about $200 more for shipping and then have to pay the brokerage and bonding at a $150+. It's easy to calculate on the ups website, it just hurts. I will never do it again. I ran a test a few months ago on a Best Belt. $78 USA shipped. Even though the Canadian dollar is now stronger than the US, it was still $134 shipped, and that was tax free somehow.

I'm sure this is at least partly a result of the review on this site and its response. I have accepted that offer and can now sell all of their products in Canada.

This is how I know about the $799 DH and there is also some collegiate bars they make and do not advertise that are on route. Can't wait to get them.

This is a perfect time for this thread to get bumped. I did not have any affiliation to Sorinex at the start of this thread. I was a dude that wanted a rack better than my R3 in my garage. I paid full pricez I did get a Bosco book because they sent me the wrong uprights. It was a super cool book though.
    very cool~ congrats! what's a bosco book?

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I have accepted that offer and can now sell all of their products in Canada..
    Congrats GI... Nice to hear that. Time for implementing chain and pipe safeties
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ninjaneer View Post
    very cool~ congrats! what's a bosco book?
    This.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000C...dir_mdp_mobile

I kind of opened the the Sorinex box thinking it would be stuffed with cash or a well protected drill bit to fix my rack.

I started reading it because I felt the need to justify not causing a ruckus over the upright. What a book! It's now in the 5/3/1 juggernaut starting stength collection. Great book.

Originally Posted by hulked View Post
    Time for implementing chain and pipe safeties
    The prototype we developed should be powdercoated now. I should get the set in a week or so. Thanks for your help. It seems to work as predicted and is coming soon.

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats GI! Also, any more info on the $799 DH? Is that without weight storage? or only 2X2?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

rBrRb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gi, do you know if they have any accessories available or compatible with the DH. I'm interested in a landmine and a different safety (straps or swing). I checked Sorinex website and they do have the BaseFit Unlimited LandMine™ Attachment, but it only fits 5/8" holes. Do you know the diameter of the holes on the DH? Is the holes the same size for the rear weight rack and the front spotters?

Until then I'll wait for your review on the prototype coming in. Thanks.
    Last edited by rBrRb7; 01-27-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Originally Posted by trimble006 View Post
    Congrats GI! Also, any more info on the $799 DH? Is that without weight storage? or only 2X2?
    Thanks. It's the same 3x3 rack without the plate storage attachment.

Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Damn, I recently ordered a rack, to be shipped up to Canada. Otherwise, I would have ordered from you.

Do you know what your pricing will be like...i.e. will your prices be similar to those on the Sorinex website, or will it be similar to 99.9% of products in Canada where there will be a surcharge over prices in the US

Originally Posted by Kwazer View Post
    Damn, I recently ordered a rack, to be shipped up to Canada. Otherwise, I would have ordered from you.

Do you know what your pricing will be like...i.e. will your prices be similar to those on the Sorinex website, or will it be similar to 99.9% of products in Canada where there will be a surcharge over prices in the US
    Lol. Probably like the 99.9%. I'm not sure yet really. Still lots of details to work out.

Originally Posted by IronWong View Post
    Sounds like successful brainwashing. Or this is more of the same shilling, just more subtle. "I ordered a Sorinex Dark Horse earlier this week to replace my Rogue R3. The R3 was a good rack but wasn't really what I was looking for." (because I’m so noble so I must be trustworthy). Uh huh. Makes perfect sense.

Definition of SHILL

1: to act as a shill

2: to act as a spokesperson or promoter

If you can't dazzle them honesty, baffle them with bull****.

AKA GarageIron: forum.bodybuilding.com
    bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150378953&
    bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126624063&page=50&

AKA Craig McInnes: board.crossfit.com
    board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=79723

AKA Surag: naijafinder.com
    naijafinder.com/workout-routines/240376-sorinex-dark-horse-power-rack.html

Perhaps the rest of you are GarageIron target market. GarageIron is banking on the brain-dead bodybuilding.com crowd to tweet their unending love for a SHILL feast such as this.

Interesting and obviously we already know such people infect most sites. GarageIron, come out of the closet as a paid shill.

Yeah, I think you I nailed it.
    Sweet! I've always wanted my own Internet stalker

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sweet! I've always wanted my own Internet stalker
    Just like the ones in real life, this one seems to be a gutless nobody.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think dudes statement is so incredible.

Going from buyer to dealer in what, a month is a little suspect, especially from someone we haven't know that long.

On the flip side...dude went through all the effort to find R3 -> DH convert threads to link to. That makes me think he's a mole for Rogue.

What we have here is a war of conspiracies.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I don't think dudes statement is so incredible.

Going from buyer to dealer in what, a month is a little suspect, especially from someone we haven't know that long.

On the flip side...dude went through all the effort to find R3 -> DH convert threads to link to. That makes me think he's a mole for Rogue.

What we have here is a war of conspiracies.
    My business just buys and sells stuff. There are no commission or compensation deals with any suppliers. I've never received a dime from any of them (quite the reverse actually). The Rogue R3, OB86B, and Dark Horse reviewed here were paid in full out of my own pocket, not from my business account. I try to only review things here that I DONT sell. In this case, the situation changed. If its info on something I do sell, I also try to make that clear so readers know where they are getting their info.

Becoming a dealer for any product is easy. "Hey, Brand X can I sell your stuff?". Usually the catalog is in the mail that day.

The guy that posted above likely just read this review and thought he smelled a rat. He did some quick searching and called me out. I understand that.

If this was the first thread by someone I'd call the OP a scam artist too. Instead of searching my other reviews (including the one where I praised the R3 when I got it), he went down another route and tried to prove something.

I see he was banned and I hope it was not for his post here. I don't see anything wrong with calling someone out if you think they are misleading you.

Here is my R3 review. It explains a bit better the history of my Dark Horse purchase and may help clear up some things.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...9200483&page=1
    Last edited by GarageIron; 01-28-2013 at 06:32 AM.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GI has been very open about who he is, who he knows, and what he does. Unlike the sock puppet who got sent to banned camp - on the neg train.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^ Yes, there is nothing fishy here. I've bought (along with shooting the **** in his gym) a number of items for Craig and he's not about one particular brand but, rather, provides the best fit for a person's goals. All this DH stuff is just coincidence.

In fact, I don't think I've ever met a "retailer" that's so honest about the product they carry and so knowledgeable about the wider market. He's just a dude selling equipment as a moonlighter because he's passionate about it.....and considering the **** carriers of equipment in Canada we're lucky to have someone actually carry some decent gear.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    GI has been very open about who he is, who he knows, and what he does. Unlike the sock puppet who got sent to banned camp - on the neg train.
    Originally Posted by Vmango View Post
    ^^ Yes, there is nothing fishy here. I've bought (along with shooting the **** in his gym) a number of items for Craig and he's not about one particular brand but, rather, provides the best fit for a person's goals. All this DH stuff is just coincidence.

In fact, I don't think I've ever met a "retailer" that's so honest about the product they carry and so knowledgeable about the wider market. He's just a dude selling equipment as a moonlighter because he's passionate about it.....and considering the **** carriers of equipment in Canada we're lucky to have someone actually carry some decent gear.
    I totally agree, and I think GI has conducted himself very well under fire. No credit should be given to a troll like that dude was. He had obviously been lurking for months, and all 3 posts of his were inflammatory. He offered nothing to the forum in his time here, and had he have stayed, would have continued to offer jack!@#$.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    GI is legit, we probably exchanged a 50 emails since Aug or something talking about gear and that stuff. We are kind of local and Im in Canada too.

Anyway GI, CONGRATS on the Sorinex dist!

Somethings just workout, I never even considered or even looked at Sorinex because I thought their stuff was way too expensive for me (I only knew their basecamp rack), then they have this rack for 1,000 shipped, so it speaks for itself and has a wider market at that price and quality.

Lucky to have more options in Canada.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agreed... All GI did was a detailed review. He even pointed out couple of minor flaws in the uprights and welds. If GI was stalked properly, his first consideration after the R3 was the rack from Edge and not DH. Many folks have purchased the DH since GI and none of them have disagreed with the quality of the rack. At the time of his review, I dont think many of us knew abt the DH. Atleast I dint and I think he should be thanked for letting us know abt a great product which is probably the best bang for the buck right now with free shipping. If there are any other racks which are similar along with free shipping I dont mind somebody playing the "SHILL" for it.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "And I looked, and behold, a Dark Horse! Its rider’s name was GarageIron, and IronWong followed with him."

I thought I commented previously but I didn't see my post. I enjoyed the review. I like the idea of offering without plate storage, especially if plate storage will be offered for separate purchase as an upgrade. Any idea if the Dark Horse without storage would need bolting down?
    Last edited by morebarbell; 01-28-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i believe GI is a legit member and even if he was just a shill, i think he did it the right way. he gave his opinions on various products and other members validated those opinions. i don't mind product promoters as long as they contribute. vinko from ivanko and i think bill from rogue will post on forums from time to time and their posts are helpful. the only posts i can't stand are the ones that say "buy my product, because it's mine".

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i don't understand that naijafinder forum. it looks like the whole thread is copied word for word. are they scanning/scamming this forum? weird.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got to see a lot of Rogue gear at a crossfit gym today... I had went to high school with the owner and decided to stop on my way. Based on the photos in this discussion and the Rogue racks that I saw in person today, I think the Dark Horse will be a serious contender for my next rack (unless something shows up on Craigslist) when I'm ready to buy. The gym didn't have the R-3. They had the infinity but it's also 2x3 and I think the J-cups were the same --they look exactly like GarageIron's photo.

It was good to see some of the other equipment in person as well... Rogue GHD, Rogue Bars, Rogue Matador (that thing is substantial!!) and misc other stuff. I might go back to take a closer look at the bars.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I understand to a point in questioning GI's review on the Dark Horse, but he was not pushing others to purchase from him. From the sound of it he has no financial interest in Sorinex making sales outside of his region in Canada. I do take with a grain of salt when someone first purchases something and makes an immediate review on a forum. People try to justify their purchase. That is why I like reading reviews after a person has sometime to use the product and give quality pros and cons on it. This is not intended to be a dig at GI or his review, but just in general of reviews on various types of forums.

Originally Posted by Steelfan7 View Post
    I understand to a point in questioning GI's review on the Dark Horse, but he was not pushing others to purchase from him. From the sound of it he has no financial interest in Sorinex making sales outside of his region in Canada. I do take with a grain of salt when someone first purchases something and makes an immediate review on a forum. People try to justify their purchase. That is why I like reading reviews after a person has sometime to use the product and give quality pros and cons on it. This is not intended to be a dig at GI or his review, but just in general of reviews on various types of forums.
    A few good points here. I try to include a lot of pics in the 'reviews' so people can see what I see, but its really more of an initial impression than a full review and I try to update as I use the product more. I wasn't trying to justify a purchase. I was trying to justify taking a loss on another purchase. Maybe it's the same thing.

I've had some time to observe this unfold today and to be quite honest I didn't think I'd even need to acknowledge that ridiculous post.

Its a pretty simple solution. I will not sell the Dark Horse. If you want one in Canada, call Sorinex.

Craig