Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    But...but...but...this isn't back then! Even though history continues to repeat itself, to the chagrin of the ignorant, and even though tyrannical governments have never been banished forever and even grow in number......this could never, ever happen to us U.S. citizens. After all, we have a different species of human beings here that watch over us and protect us!

[end sarcasm]

I don't own a gun and don't feel the need to (at this point in time), but I damn well defend the right of others to.

Generations - they think "old stuff" can't happen to them. Get off that new android tablet and smart phone and realize that you could be moments away from being in a fetal position.......................dumb $hits.
    How exactly will you defend the rights of others, if the one and only potential means to do so...is not in your hands at the time? No way in hell a decent argument is going to disarm the armed. Smiley....but 100% serious.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    How exactly will you defend the rights of others, if the one and only potential means to do so...is not in your hands at the time? No way in hell a decent argument is going to disarm the armed. Smiley....but 100% serious.
    You mean to say when the Democrats try to take over they will be packing heat? Say it ain't so....
    I'm a sad little man

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    You mean to say when the Democrats try to take over they will be packing heat? Say it ain't so....
    I agree, not everybody needs to own, if they choose not to do so.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought my Puerto Rican brother was on just a one week ban! He's a crazy mother, for sure, but he's missed on the boards here!

Just food for thought:

What we face in our nation today is more like a cancer than a virus. Our society has turned on itself, and these mass murders are the shocking fruit. The perpetrators of these crimes now typically turn their weapons on themselves and have essentially become societal suicide bombers. As the military knows, there is no real defense against a suicide bomber who has reached such a point of desperation and delusion that his own life doesn't matter.

Responding to this specific crisis with legislation would be a mistake that politicans will likely make.

Responding to the root cause of the crisis would be a better way to go. And what is that root cause? The destruction of the family.

I'm not discounting any other factors, but to address problems with our mental health institutions or virtual reality gaming or the drugging of our children or our gun laws or the media culture's glorification of such violence and not deal with the root cause of our societal decay are vain attepts to mask symptoms.

The statistics back me up on the destruction of the family being at the center of our national crises, including violence.

Before I cite the statistics, please do not take these numbers as a condemnation of single moms or dads. There is no condemnation. Many single parents are doing double duty and raising wonderful children.

But the numbers are hard to overlook.

OUR FAMILY CRISIS

Consider what our family brokeness has done to society:

3 in 10 children grow up in broken homes.

In the African American community, it's far worse; two-thirds of black children grow up with one parent.

More than half of all babies are conceived out of wedlock.

Children from broken homes account for:

63% of teen suicides.
    71% of teen pregnancies.
    90% of homeless and runaways.
    71% of highschool dropouts.
    75% 0f all drug users.
    85% of behavioral disorders.
    70% 0f those in juvenile detention.
    57% of all prison inmates.

These stats come from grassfire.com

I don't doubt them. I don't think it's 'rocket science.' It never has been! Moms and Dads. Just Moms and Dads. Am I stupid? So out of touch with reality?

Edit: This whole post, other than the last several sentences, is from grassfire.com (Just wanted to clarify)
    Last edited by paolo59; 12-30-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Consider what our family brokeness has done to society

^^^^^ Root Cause exposed ^^^^^

Very profound conclusion. I tend to agree.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post

I agree, not everybody needs to own, if they choose not to do so.
    I agree. If a person is afraid to participate in their own safety....it is better to let someone else do it for them.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree. If a person is afraid to participate in their own safety....it is better to let someone else do it for them.
    LOL, this ^ is really out of left field, as it apparently assumes that we're already in a situation where our citizenry is at war with the govt., and that I'm going to stand by and let others do my fighting

My remarks were meant to imply a few things, all precluding an actual need to go buy firearms; that the pen is mightier than the sword (you know, like a vote can be more powerful than a weapon? ), that I've never felt the need or fear to have to own one based on the area(s) I've lived in. I grew up using guns (my father was an avid hunter) and enjoy shooting (targets), but I drifted away from that many years ago. I know how to use both, rifle and handguns and used to be a pretty accurate shooter. I just don't feel a need to have a gun these days. Btw, do you recall that I was burglarized several months back? Well, yeah, if I'd had a gun....it would have been stolen, as guns are one of the most sought after prize by most burglars, who almost always prey on empty homes, not occupied ones. But not to go too far off course here...........

Do you have a better understanding of my earlier remarks, now?

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can't force gun ownership on a person. If they choose not to own one, it is their business. I am an avid hunter and sportsman myself. I own over 40 guns, and yes, I do have several for home defense.

LOL, this ^ is really out of left field, as it apparently assumes that we're already in a situation where our citizenry is at war with the govt., and that I'm going to stand by and let others do my fighting

My remarks were meant to imply a few things, all precluding an actual need to go buy firearms; that the pen is mightier than the sword (you know, like a vote can be more powerful than a weapon? ), that I've never felt the need or fear to have to own one based on the area(s) I've lived in. I grew up using guns (my father was an avid hunter) and enjoy shooting (targets), but I drifted away from that many years ago. I know how to use both, rifle and handguns and used to be a pretty accurate shooter. I just don't feel a need to have a gun these days. Btw, do you recall that I was burglarized several months back? Well, yeah, if I'd had a gun....it would have been stolen, as guns are one of the most sought after prize by most burglars, who almost always prey on empty homes, not occupied ones. But not to go too far off course here...........

Do you have a better understanding of my earlier remarks, now?
    I understand completely (I really do). Gun ownership (per my understanding) was born not of the idea of protecting yourself from your neighbor, but rather from your government. The idea that you never felt the need to own one based on your feeling "safe" in your neighborhood is great, but the issue (again, per my limited and perhaps misunderstanding of the right itself) is far larger than protecting yourself from a would-be robber.

I doubt we will ever be taken over by our own government, and the fail safe that makes me feel that way is the fact that we have more guns than people in this country.
    Last edited by Brackneyc; 12-30-2012 at 09:05 AM.

You can't force gun ownership on a person. If they choose not to own one, it is their business. I am an avid hunter and sportsman myself. I own over 40 guns, and yes, I do have several for home defense.
    I am not suggesting that we do that. I am however suggesting that guns may well end up being illegal to own one day, even in Texas. What is to stop that from happening? Guys with guns, or guys with a strongly worded letter and some protest signs?

I am not suggesting that we do that. I am however suggesting that guns may well end up being illegal to own one day, even in Texas. What is to stop that from happening? Guys with guns, or guys with a strongly worded letter and some protest signs?
    I think that we are on the same page here. I simply stated that a person has the right to choose gun ownership. There are people out there like DBX, who chooses not to own, but defends our 2nd ammendment right.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I understand completely (I really do). Gun ownership (per my understanding) was born not of the idea of protecting yourself from your neighbor, but rather from your government.
    It was borne (from my understanding) from of a concept that we have the right to protect our own person and property....which of course, includes the mention of govt., above.

And I think I understand your sentiments, so perhaps I should include this; my father has already offered to me, several of his firearms. I have insisted that he pass most of them on to his grandchildren (which he already has). However, there are a select few that I've called dibs on . IOW, I have no worries that I won't be able to gain access to firearms whenever I feel the need. And of course, as he's 80yrs old now, I am probably a short time away from receiving the aforementioned. I'm just not in a hurry, kwim? .

I think that we are on the same page here. I simply stated that a person has the right to choose gun ownership. There are people out there like DBX, who chooses not to own, but defends our 2nd ammendment right.

For now.

I live in the only state (of 50) where I cannot legally carry a gun, concealed or otherwise.

There are two ways to support the 2nd amendment. You either buy/keep a gun, or you actively get involved when the right comes under pressure.

Why is it "all but" illegal to smoke now? IMO, it was the lack of support from those who did "not" smoke. Smokers (like gun owners will be) were on their own to save their habit, and they got crushed. Even the tobacco producers were powerless to stop legislation. I understand that guns and smoking are two different things. The feeling towards them (by non-users) however is not that much different.

Non-gun owners are not going to rally to save the 2nd amendment.

It was borne (from my understanding) from of a concept that we have the right to protect our own person and property....which of course, includes the mention of govt., above.

And I think I understand your sentiments, so perhaps I should include this; my father has already offered to me, several of his firearms. I have insisted that he pass most of them on to his grandchildren (which he already has). However, there are a select few that I've called dibs on . IOW, I have no worries that I won't be able to gain access to firearms whenever I feel the need. And of course, as he's 80yrs old now, I am probably a short time away from receiving the aforementioned. I'm just not in a hurry, kwim? .
    I will send you my address. If the time ever comes, I only have two hands. I'd rather have you on my side.

I will send you my address. If the time ever comes, I only have two hands. I'd rather have you on my side.
    Done deal

twenty2z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twenty2z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twenty2z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twenty2z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twenty2z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twenty2z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The 2nd amendment protects us from more than just a tyrant government or for self protection , read this!!!

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War 2

This is why we will never have a "Red Dawn" type invasion here!!!

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am however suggesting that guns may well end up being illegal to own one day, even in Texas. What is to stop that from happening?
    So far, all the talk about Texas secession has been nothing but a bunch of gibberish with only a few extreme right wingers thinking it's a good thing. I predict that all of that would change if there was a serious effort to ban all firearms from the state.

We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think the point is that responsible people can get a Class III firearm permit because they enjoy shooting as much as you enjoy deadlifting BH...The danger does not lie in ownership it lies in criminal conduct.

Explosives such as pipe bombs should be something to fear... Anyone can make them and they are easy to conceal...

Enjoy the freedom that our soldiers have died for
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    So far, all the talk about Texas secession has been nothing but a bunch of gibberish with only a few extreme right wingers thinking it's a good thing. I predict that all of that would change if there was a serious effort to ban all firearms from the state.
    By the time a ban was serious, it would be too late to organize a fight. The idea is to structure it so the very thought of it would be considered a bad idea. Not one of the 50 states strikes me as being off-limits to a weapons ban.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/

Feinstein to Introduce Assault Weapons Bill

“On the first day of the new Congress, I intend to introduce a bill stopping the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons as well as large ammunition magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds.”

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    120 specifically-named firearms;
    Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
    Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
    Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
    Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
    Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
    Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
    Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
    Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
    Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
    Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    Background check of owner and any transferee;
    Type and serial number of the firearm;
    Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
    A pdf of the bill summary is available here: http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...2-ac8ca4359119

Federal registration, fingerprinting, etc.

Of course the dumb c*nt is going to aim high so there's not a snowball's chance in hell of this passing, but I'll contact my senators and reps and let them know what I think of it just to be sure.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/

Feinstein to Introduce Assault Weapons Bill

“On the first day of the new Congress, I intend to introduce a bill stopping the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons as well as large ammunition magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds.”

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    120 specifically-named firearms;
    Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
    Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
    Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
    Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
    Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
    Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
    Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
    Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
    Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
    Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    Background check of owner and any transferee;
    Type and serial number of the firearm;
    Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
    A pdf of the bill summary is available here: http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...2-ac8ca4359119

Federal registration, fingerprinting, etc.

Of course the dumb c*nt is going to aim high so there's not a snowball's chance in hell of this passing, but I'll contact my senators and reps and let them know what I think of it just to be sure.
    The frog is in the pot, and the water feels fine.

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Feinstein's bill will NEVER, EVER pass the house . . . especially not with that crap about people having to register grandfathered weapons and be fingerprinted, photographed, etc. That's just outrageous--I don't think there are too many members outside the "commie states" who would stick their electoral necks out for that. But she's asking for the moon to see how far she can get. So much of that bill is pure garbage and will make no difference--but they sound good to progressives and the anti-gun crowd.

Sadly, I think the GOP members MIGHT cave to a mag capacity ban and maybe to some other parts. I hope not, but in this climate, plus the whole fiscal cliff nonsense going on, I could see them giving in on some things they normally would not to get something else in return. Needless to say, I wrote my House Rep and both Senators (sadly both Dems) to let them know how I felt. Hopefully EVERYONE who wants to defend their rights will do the same!!
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by taf1968 View Post
    Feinstein's bill will NEVER, EVER pass the house . . . especially not with that crap about people having to register grandfathered weapons and be fingerprinted, photographed, etc. That's just outrageous--I don't think there are too many members outside the "commie states" who would stick their electoral necks out for that. But she's asking for the moon to see how far she can get. So much of that bill is pure garbage and will make no difference--but they sound good to progressives and the anti-gun crowd.

Sadly, I think the GOP members MIGHT cave to a mag capacity ban and maybe to some other parts. I hope not, but in this climate, plus the whole fiscal cliff nonsense going on, I could see them giving in on some things they normally would not to get something else in return. Needless to say, I wrote my House Rep and both Senators (sadly both Dems) to let them know how I felt. Hopefully EVERYONE who wants to defend their rights will do the same!!
    LOL Just read her quote a minute or two ago: "Mr. and Mrs. American, turn 'em all in!" That woman is a menace to society. She assaults my common sense and ingrained decency just about every time she opens her mouth and speaks!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Thunda from Down Unda bicepbomber's Avatar
    bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DeTazMan View Post
    Marius,

I had a friend ask me if I thought people needed Assault weapons. I asked him what do you consider an Assault Weapon, he said ak-47, ar-15, Bushmaster. I asked back "what is the difference between those and a "conventional rifle" chambered in the same Caliber. He had to think on that one.. People who dont know will follow what the media tell them
    What's the difference when either are used to shoot children?

Thunda from Down Unda bicepbomber's Avatar
    bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepbomber is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by taf1968 View Post

Seems like a totally reasonable bill to me. Or do you need to see some more massacres before you realise something needs to happen?

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bicepbomber View Post
    Seems like a totally reasonable bill to me. Or do you need to see some more massacres before you realise something needs to happen?
    Stop being a pussy and use your real account to post this pathetic drivel.

Last edited by SP1966; 01-01-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    I'm a sad little man

What's the difference when either are used to shoot children?
    I'm a sad little man

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then go/stay somewhere where this is policy. I don't care what's reasonable policy for you. It isn't for me.

More kids have died choking to death on hot dogs in the past 30 years than have died from massacres. That doesn't make it any easier for the victims but life is full of risks. Life is about making risk-reward tradeoff decisions. I choose to have the option rather than have the decision made for me. If you think that whatever your government does works for you then great, if not, do whatever it is you do to motivate change.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    Then go/stay somewhere where this is policy. I don't care what's reasonable policy for you. It isn't for me.

More kids have died choking to death on hot dogs in the past 30 years than have died from massacres. That doesn't make it any easier for the victims but life is full of risks. Life is about making risk-reward tradeoff decisions. I choose to have the option rather than have the decision made for me. If you think that whatever your government does works for you then great, if not, do whatever it is you do to motivate change.
    Ban hot dogs!

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    Stop being a pussy and use your real account to post this pathetic drivel.
    ^ This.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.