Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long does it take to lose strength?

Just in general how long does it take you guys? Last time I squatted was last Saturday and put up 255 and I took this past week off. Starting this week I am going to work on an explosive block of training and only do one squat work out a week so I can dedicate myself to speed/ Plyos. I was thinking about doing 2x3 at 85% of 255 how does that sound? I will also be eating around 500 calories under maintenance during this 3 week block. Hopefully I can lose a few lbs while keeping my squat strength. My week looks like this.

Monday Upper with some treadmill tempo runs
    Tuesday 3x40yard sprints, 3x3 30% jump squats, glute hams 2x6-8
    Wednesday off
    Thursday upper with some treadmill tempo runs
    Friday off
    Saturday depth jumps 3x3, squat 2x3, glute hams 2x6-8
    Sunday off

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Studies on Residual Training Effects suggest strength and speed can drop in as little as 7-10 days when training is ceased. This is probably due to the high neurological demand of these skills.

Working mechanisms for physical attributes attained through a higher volume of training (hypertrophy, muscular endurance, aerobic endurance, etc.) have been shown to last around 30 days (+/- 10 days).

It is probably going to feel heavy as $hit, but you should be ok with that plan. I would suggest starting a little lower after a week long lay-off.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bills10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post
    Studies on Residual Training Effects suggest strength and speed can drop in as little as 7-10 days when training is ceased. This is probably due to the high neurological demand of these skills.

Working mechanisms for physical attributes attained through a higher volume of training (hypertrophy, muscular endurance, aerobic endurance, etc.) have been shown to last around 30 days (+/- 10 days).

It is probably going to feel heavy as $hit, but you should be ok with that plan. I would suggest starting a little lower after a week long lay-off.
    Awesome that's basically exactly what I needed to read. Thanks man