ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick question about IF

Hey guys, I've been doing IF for about 4 months now and its been great. I'm in the military and the hours I work tend to change pretty regularly so right now I'm not really able to work out during my eating window. My question is would it be better to change my eating window so that I can workout fasted or would it be better to just keep pressing on with what my body is used to and work out not fasted? Thanks for the help.

RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAleXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ISanctifiedI View Post
    Hey guys, I've been doing IF for about 4 months now and its been great. I'm in the military and the hours I work tend to change pretty regularly so right now I'm not really able to work out during my eating window. My question is would it be better to change my eating window so that I can workout fasted or would it be better to just keep pressing on with what my body is used to and work out not fasted? Thanks for the help.
    Either would be fine, it really depends on whichever you prefer and gives you the most energy during your workouts.
    *NASM Certified Personal Trainer

ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ISanctifiedI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RAleXx View Post
    Either would be fine, it really depends on whichever you prefer and gives you the most energy during your workouts.
    Awesome, thanks man

KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) KBkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RAleXx View Post
    ^ this. I prefer working out in the mornings while fasted, then having my eating window afterwards. I have a TON more energy and focus. I feel like poo lifting when full of food. Like RAleXx said, it's really up to you OP.

coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Never work out in a fasted state unless you are trying to lose muscle - plain and simple.
    Originally Posted by ISanctifiedI View Post

upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ignore above poster. Do whats comfortable for YOU. We are all different and will have different "reactions" if you will. I prefer training fasted. Lifting with food on my belly makes me want to hurl.
    Rangers Lead The Way!
    Sua Sponte

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by upchuck1383 View Post
    Ignore above poster. Do whats comfortable for YOU. We are all different and will have different "reactions" if you will. I prefer training fasted. Lifting with food on my belly makes me want to hurl.
    Indeed, training fasted vs food in stomach is all about personal preference.

I can ONLY workout in the afternoon (I work from 7:30AM-3:30PM) thus I always have like 20-30% macros/calories intake before my workout already. All I do is just go all out after I finish working out in order to fill in my window. Btw, my window is 8/16 or 7/17 depending on the days.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like either, but if working out fasted doesn't fit your lifestyle then its not that much of a loss.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Whatever fits your schedule or you find most energy with.
    That goes regardless of eating patterns.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100) coolio5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ignore above poster.
    Originally Posted by upchuck1383 View Post