Thread: cuting weight

mojo482 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question cuting weight

How do you cut weight for a mma fight i dont do mma yet but i was just woundering how do u cut weight if your 4.8% body fat

ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mojo482 View Post
    How do you cut weight for a mma fight i dont do mma yet but i was just woundering how do u cut weight if your 4.8% body fat

as for a short notice weight cut

well first off, I am a fat lard now but in highschool I was super fit and had a low body fat percentage. and still i could cut up to 16 pounds in a 12 hour period no problem for wrestling, i did it this way because i had to make weight several times a week. cutting weight for a competition is usually water weight. the day before your weight cut make sure you eat only cold cut vegetables and drink a gallon of distilled water. most of the time your body works harder to digest your greens than the calories that are in it, and distilled water can help flush excess sodium out of your system for a short time period, helping you to not retain as much water. quit eating and drinking at about 8pm the day before. the hydration fast is a killer way to make weight if your needing a drastic drop in weight. make sure you stay warm the whole day of a weigh in, i usually wore sweats and a winter jacket a winter hat and tried putting my mouth inside my shirt so that my body got the expelled heat from my breath. every chance you get make sure your heart rate is up so that you are sweating, but dont put yourself at the point that its dangerous such as being dizzy or getting dry heaves. if you enjoy running do light jogging as well. but dont sap all of your energy tank for competition. after your weigh in, eat a food with carbs so that your body has an immediate energy source. drink a glass of chocolate milk, and sip gatorade until your fight. this is not the healthiest means whatsoever. being naturally at your weight is. i was alway 10lbs+ walking weight over my weight class is why i did this.

and as for the long term weight cut, lots and lots of cardio, and eat fewer calories. teach your body to eat your fat by not consuming as many carbs.

im sure these body builders on this site may have other good methods that they use for shows

ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    also if you need info on getting started in mma you can personal message me and id be glad to hook you up with contacts in your area

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You arent 4.8% Bf. Unless you are on chemo or have some other sort of sickness.