Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emma-Leigh

KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Emma-Leigh

This might seem like a weird question but does anyone know how credible Emma-Leigh is? She seems to be the guru on the nutrition board but if you look at her body space all you can see is that she has 16% bf and I looked up her website and not a single picture of her there either. It may seem odd but I look at people's body space profile as a way of determining their credibility.
    The Unexamined Life is not worth living

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KenJenkinsII View Post
    This might seem like a weird question but does anyone know how credible Emma-Leigh is? She seems to be the guru on the nutrition board but if you look at her body space all you can see is that she has 16% bf and I looked up her website and not a single picture of her there either. It may seem odd but I look at people's body space profile as a way of determining their credibility.
    http://www.emma-leigh.com/about.html

Also lol @ credibility tied to someone's body space. That was funny.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cant help but find funny,.... In one post today you recite how you read in an article that anything more then 4g of sugar ingested is immediately turned to fat. (and you dont question that author). And then one of the most well respected posters and medial doctors on here, you decide to check her "credibility".
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP. You do realise that women have different essential body fat percentage limits compared to men and that 16% is perfectly OK?

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    OP. You do realise that women have different essential body fat percentage limits compared to men and that 16% is perfectly OK?
    Apparently not.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wasn't questioning her credibility I was just wondering who se was. I read everything on her website about her but that was all I could find. I respect several of you guys' opinions based on your progress so I guess that makes me stupid.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Cant help but find funny,.... In one post today you recite how you read in an article that anything more then 4g of sugar ingested is immediately turned to fat. (and you dont question that author). And then one of the most well respected posters and medial doctors on here, you decide to check her "credibility".
    I also asked you what your opinion was on that instead of just taking it at face value but you didn't mention that part.

db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think you are stupid for hunting for a reason to place faith in someone's teachings, but let's be cereal here - photoshoots aren't a great way to do it. Photochops and chemicals are what photos are made of. A bio of "smart stuff" isn't, either. Performance might be a better stick to measure by.
    01/07/06 - Quit Drinking. 03/15/08 - Quit Smoking.
    06/01/09 - At 118lbs, started lifting, intarweb fasting, and crab backtraced cycling.

Originally Posted by db_ggmm View Post
    I don't think you are stupid for hunting for a reason to place faith in someone's teachings, but let's be cereal here - photoshoots aren't a great way to do it. Photochops and chemicals are what photos are made of. A bio of "smart stuff" isn't, either. Performance might be a better stick to measure by.
    Hence the reason that I am picking the brains of these guys who have had results. Not just someone behind a computer.

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wasn't questioning her credibility
    Actually you were.....

This might seem like a weird question but does anyone know how credible Emma-Leigh is?
    She is legit and as "credible" as anyone can get.

PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PhiDelt234 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One's physique is not a determining factor of one's knowledge. Emma-leigh is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to nutrition.
    Visit these educational sites on nutritional and supplemental advice:
    AlanAragonblog.com
    BroScience.com

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like anything, it is important to do your own independent research rather than just buying into what somebody says. And honestly, I can name people (one well-known person here) with a stellar physique who are friggin' clueless -- espousing the stupidest broscience that has ever come down the pike. The point? Bodyspace isn't a good indicator, educational degrees aren't a good indicator, and forum reputation is certainly not a good indicator. I don't buy what anybody says unless I research it myself. There are a few people that have proved themselves consistently reliable, such as Alan Aragon. As far as Emma-Leigh goes, you are going to have to determine that for yourself.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Like anything, it is important to do your own independent research rather than just buying into what somebody says. And honestly, I can name people (one well-known person here) with a stellar physique who are friggin' clueless -- espousing the stupidest broscience that has ever come down the pike. The point? Bodyspace isn't a good indicator, educational degrees aren't a good indicator, and forum reputation is certainly not a good indicator. I don't buy what anybody says unless I research it myself. There are a few people that have proved themselves consistently reliable, such as Alan Aragon. As far as Emma-Leigh goes, you are going to have to determine that for yourself.
    Thank you that was my point. There are people like Alan who's blog I have been reading today and Martin Berkhan who have clients that show those guys know what they are talking about and Emma seems to be the guru on the nutrition board so I wanted to find out more about her and it seems odd that you can't find much but just a simply done website. I don't doubt she is knowledgable but when i read something by an "expert" I like to know how much I can trust them. I am not an idiot. I read a lot of stuff between articles and forums and I try and decide what is bull crap and what is valuable. If that makes people lol then I am glad.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wasn't questioning her credibility I was just wondering who se was. I read everything on her website about her but that was all I could find. I respect several of you guys' opinions based on your progress so I guess that makes me stupid.
    What a loaded question. What do you really know about anyone's progress here or background anyway?

Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    16% is pretty damn lean.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you that was my point. There are people like Alan who's blog I have been reading today and Martin Berkhan who have clients that show those guys know what they are talking about and Emma seems to be the guru on the nutrition board so I wanted to find out more about her and it seems odd that you can't find much but just a simply done website. I don't doubt she is knowledgable but when i read something by an "expert" I like to know how much I can trust them. I am not an idiot. I read a lot of stuff between articles and forums and I try and decide what is bull crap and what is valuable. If that makes people lol then I am glad.

While I do not know her personally, I see her referenced quite often. She seems knowledgeable and I have not seen anything posted that makes me believe she is less then credible. I do not spend a great deal of time in the Nutrition though.

She has these guys on her "required reading"

Dan Duchaine
    Lyle McDonald
    Alan Aragon
    Jamie Hale....

That about tells me all I need to know. (at least where her mindset is at)

I know many of the ideas you see run contrary to what mainstream media (and quite often our own government), has told us over the years....but it has been shown time and time again, and also been proven with real science.

Alan, and Lyle are GREAT for weeding though the mess of misinformation and 1/2 truths out there. They deliver a clear and concise message with nothing to sell (except their writings).... No supplements...etc.

I credit IronWill for turning me on to Alan's work. It has been the single most influential piece of the fitness puzzle for me. To me....fitness begins and ends with nutrition. Your bodies response to training will be determined mainly by this.

It has also given me a much more enriched life. I used to think nutrition had to be extreme. In my 20's I spent several years on CKD diets...etc. Very extreme and not very family friendly. Now I eat dinner every night with my kids as a family. And I eat what they are having. From pasta to pizza, I eat what the family eats. I do however control my portions. This can be a challenge at times, but with a little planning, it has become second nature. I eat what they eat when I am on surplus and when on a deficit. Only difference is the portions and proportions of what I take in.

So wonderfully simple....and amazingly effective.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a fool proof way to find macros and daily needs (for bulking, cutting or maintaining), but few use it because I am not a doctor. Lots of folks prefer on-line calculators. That's cool too I guess. Never found them to be worth sht.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People's credibility in matters of science are based on whether their research and citations are solid, and match up with their conclusions.

The advice in the nutrition stickies is as plain, middle of the road, and no nonsense as you can find. It's also conveniently located. It's not the end of all nutrition research, but it is a very solid foundation.

What are you finding that is causing the resistance in you ability to believe the nutrition basics offered are pretty solidly backed up by all the quoted sources?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    People's credibility in matters of science are based on whether their research and citations are solid, and match up with their conclusions.

The advice in the nutrition stickies is as plain, middle of the road, and no nonsense as you can find. It's also conveniently located. It's not the end of all nutrition research, but it is a very solid foundation.

What are you finding that is causing the resistance in you ability to believe the nutrition basics offered are pretty solidly backed up by all the quoted sources?
    Actually nothing. I agree with most of what I have seen so far. I was just wondering what made her the main source for nutrition on the forum that's all. It really was just a simple question and nothing more. People just like to read into things.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, it does seem odd that a picture determines credibility for you. If you did a very simple search and history of Emma-Leigh's posts you will see that she is extremely knowledgeable and she goes out of her way to help just about anyone. The last thing she does is self-promote.

Knowledge trumps pictures.

So, what made her the main source or a valued source for nutrition? She earned it over a period of years. It wasn't given to her.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PhiDelt234 View Post
    One's physique is not a determining factor of one's knowledge. Emma-leigh is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to nutrition.
    ^^^Very true. A good analogy is a MLB player's batting coach probably couldn't hit Josh Beckett, but he can show others how to.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Emma-Leigh is the Queen of Nutrition and Alan Aragon is the King of Nutrition IMO.

Emma-Leight is very knowledgable in regards to nutrition.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Her belief system is essentially the rand study paraphrased. Now, is she can get that study to take hold, more power to her.

Regarding her nutrition knowledge, I'd pick her over Dr oz any day.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Yes, it does seem odd that a picture determines credibility for you.
    I'm not picking sides in this debate, but I think it's rather hypocritical of some posters in here who act like one's appearance has nothing to do with whether you take their advice. If the person in question (who I do not know) was 284 pounds and 50% bodyfat you would all be less likely to take her nutritional advice so don't act otherwise just to put the OP in his place.
    David

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Yes, it does seem odd that a picture determines credibility for you.
    Knowledge trumps pictures.
    I suspect that a "picture" of success influences most folks on some level, even if they say it does not. I have no interest in taking dietary advice from someone who has not, at least at some point, proven their system on themselves. I doubt I am missing anything by at least "considering" a picture when contemplating whether or not to put stock in someone's "philosophy." Being that fitness is a very visual thing, I feel it is perfectly fine to consider our eyes as at least one indicator. Why would we not?
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    I'm not picking sides in this debate, but I think it's rather hypocritical of some posters in here who act like one's appearance has nothing to do with whether you take their advice. If the person in question (who I do not know) was 284 pounds and 50% bodyfat you would all be less likely to take her nutritional advice so don't act otherwise just to put the OP in his place.
    Thanks I thought that myself. Don't trust a skinny cook or a fat nutritionist hahaha. Not that she is fat but I know a lot of nutritionists who are.

w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks I thought that myself. Don't trust a skinny cook or a fat nutritionist hahaha. Not that she is fat but I know a lot of nutritionists who are.
    Sometimes the bigger ones can help others, just not themselves...

Its just better to read as much as you can, and figure out the nitty gritty thats fine tuned for you.
    - Don't get caught up in all the hype. Just lift, eat and rest! -

* Mad Hatter Crew

w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ps - Don't get complicated about nutrition. Its really not that hard. Its only hard for the people that just don't want to do the work, period. Well, that and just dumb people in general.
    - Don't get caught up in all the hype. Just lift, eat and rest! -

* Mad Hatter Crew

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I suspect that a "picture" of success influences most folks on some level, even if they say it does not. I have no interest in taking dietary advice from someone who has not, at least at some point, proven their system on themselves. I doubt I am missing anything by at least "considering" a picture when contemplating whether or not to put stock in someone's "philosophy." Being that fitness is a very visual thing, I feel it is perfectly fine to consider our eyes as at least one indicator. Why would we not?
    My fault for not being clear. My comments and opinions were directed mainly about Emma Leigh and nutrition. Sure, a picture says a lot, but the volumes of information that Emma Leigh has written over the years surpasses what any picture can offer, relating to nutrition.

The subject was nutrition and Emma Leigh. I would take her advice over anyone, even if they post a picture. I never said that appearance has nothing to do with whether their advice is good or not.

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "I live in Sydney, Australia, and have a MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) and I am currently training in the Rehabilitation Medicine training program. My first degree was in Veterinary Medicine. I have a Cert. III in fitness and hold a Cert IV Module in Nutrition and Weight Management.

I have a keen interest in health, nutrition, exercise and wellness. I have spent time at the Biochemistry and Nutrition Centre at University of Sydney (where the infamous Glycaemic Index ‘sugar clinics’ are based) and undertaken an option placement at the Diabetes and Obesity Group at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW.

Early 2005 I started a small business focused on maximising performance, health, and body composition through exercise, nutrition, and supplements and since that time I have had international roles as a Forum Leader and Moderator at Bodybuilding.com, and as an International Health Advisor for LiveStrong.com.

Locally I still work in three main areas:

I am a Rehabilitation doctor at a hospital in Sydney
    I continue to run my own Consultation Business
    I am working as a Performance and Body Composition Specialist for a Sydney Based Allied Health Network "

Yep. Doesn't seem credible .......................

Also OP, do you not understand that 16% bf on a woman is low? Obviously not.