davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cold weather is making me skip the gym.

It's basicly 45 minutes towards the gym and 45 minutes back home.
    This is if the bus arrives instantly, if i miss it i have to wait another 20-30 minutes.
    That with an hour working out pretty much takes 2.5-3 hours out of my day.

Normally in the summer i don't mind, but now with the cold weather, rain and it getting dark at 5 pm i dread going to the gym.
    It's also the only good gym around here so i can't switch.
    In the last month i went to the gym only once so right now i'm wasting my membership money.
    I'm wondering: What do?
    With school during weekdays and work in the weekend i'm exhausted.
    Whenever i do have a day off i feel like being a couch potato.
    Downside is: I've been losing all my gains and even losing weight due to the stressful life and bad diet.

Should i just do home body weight exercises and occasionally go to the gym until it gets warmer or am i the only one who pussies out due to the bad weather?
    I want to winter bulk so i actually have something to cut before summer but damn, i'm failing this.
    Ps: don't have a car.

Heavenly Blessed Beauty et3rnal's Avatar
    et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are many great bodyweight exercises you can do if you don't feel like getting out of your home.

I'd highly suggest one of the pullup bars that go on your door frame. You can get a cheap one for like $20 at WalMart that will work fine.

The only trouble with this is that usually winter = bulk so lots of body weight won't be optimum but it is better than nothing for sure.

SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SyKoFaT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I personally love working out when it's cold, or snowy, or rainy vs hot and nice outside...

Any excersizing is better then no ezcersizing tho.. Might as well do something then do nothing
    I misc from my iPhone; get over it

0+ Rep back Everytime srs

**Quest to 2k reps before 2k posts**

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not sure the specific situation, but my take would be if it'd the only "good gym" in the area, perhaps there's a decent gym closer? thus, you could workout at the best gym occasionally when you have the most time for travel and the so so gym the majority of the time when traveling is tough. i know the money needs to be considered, but how it influences your going or not.................if it helps..............can't put a price on that.
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    find another gym. if you're not going to go, then why pay the membership and stress about getting there? what's the other gyms like that are closer to you? before I got married and relocated, I lifted in a two car garage for the first 8 years of my lifting career. Dirty, smelly, cold as ice in the winter, and hot as hell in the summer. It was very unappealing to anyone but those that were serious about their training. All the equipment was from the 80's. Barbells and dumbbells. Closest thing to a machine we had was the lat pull down. There were only like 10people that belonged there. Nothing fancy but I made my best progress and gains there because it was simple and there wasn't any messing around. Rethink the gyms that are closer to you. It may not be as bad as you think.

coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by davesterrr View Post
    This is if the bus arrives instantly, if i miss it i have to wait another 20-30 minutes.

Normally in the summer i don't mind, but now with the cold weather, rain and it getting dark at 5 pm i dread going to the gym.
    In the last month i went to the gym only once so right now i'm wasting my membership money.
    Downside is: I've been losing all my gains and even losing weight due to the stressful life and bad diet.

Should i just do home body weight exercises and occasionally go to the gym until it gets warmer or am i the only one who pussies out due to the bad weather?
    I want to winter bulk so i actually have something to cut before summer but damn, i'm failing this.
    Can you work out at your house? When I was in grad school I was putting in 18-20 hour days and had pretty much the least amount of time you can imagine to drive to the gym, workout and drive back. I ended up buying P90X and it worked great for me and saved me alot of time to focus on other things I had to do.

Semagt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Well same here my gym is 40 mins away from my home and i walk everyday from my home to there even in cold , when i remember that its cold outside but i still made it to gym make me work out like crazy

pchanlatte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No excuses jus get it I walked an hr to n from I live in Boston so u kno the weather ain't nuttin nice

8packbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8packbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8packbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8packbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8packbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is why I left New York a long time age and came to Florida, the weather her is awesome 99% of the time.

dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhornace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I moved a few months ago I went from having a full gym in my apartment complex to having just a bench and a couple dumbells. Sounds like it is more than what is available close to you, but like the other posters have said, check out some body weight exersices and a pull up bar. And definitely check out the other gyms. Maybe they have a month to month program to get you through the winter. A "bad" gym is still a gym! Good luck!

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'm in the same situation, only it takes me around 3-4 hours in total, between my commute and my workout time.

I go to the gym 6 times a week.

You either want it or you don't.

ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChickMagnet88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Train insane or stay the same!!

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did this and it was a great workout even though it was 19 degrees http://youtu.be/iZyaMYB_U90