Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone here vegan?

Anyone here vegan?

What do you eat?

I was looking at vegan diets and trying to figure out the carb/fat/protein ratio for it - just looks like a higher carb diet.

Any help is appreciated - been toying with the idea but I want to get my nutrition right. I'm currently eating a 140g carb/140g protein/80g fat diet.

Thank you in advance!
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There is a girl who occasionally posts here who uses the name RawFitBitch. She has lots of fans.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^ Lol at the name RawFitBitch

@Magatron, was megatron already taken?

Your nutrition looks good (as far as macronutrients go).. I'd toss the whole ratio thing, though.. What matters most is that you get a minimum sufficient amount of protein and fat each day.. the rest of your cals can come in carbs or any combination of additional protein/fat.

Vegan diets are fine, just be sure to get sufficient protein and fat!
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    ^ Lol at the name RawFitBitch

@Magatron, was megatron already taken?

Your nutrition looks good (as far as macronutrients go).. I'd toss the whole ratio thing, though.. What matters most is that you get a minimum sufficient amount of protein and fat each day.. the rest of your cals can come in carbs or any combination of additional protein/fat.

Vegan diets are fine, just be sure to get sufficient protein and fat!
    HAHA, no, my name is Maggie - my friend nicknamed me Magatron

And thanks! I think I'll have to do a bit more research.
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    There is a girl who occasionally posts here who uses the name RawFitBitch. She has lots of fans.
    Thank you! I'll check her out.
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Is that the same person who claims she eats 30 bananas a day? Or is that some other crackpot?
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 12-14-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you mind me asking why you are considering a vegan diet? Is it for ethical reasons? Animal products don't agree with you? Social image? Because you believe it's healthier? I don't disagree with it provided you are choosing it for the right reasons, otherwise, why would you limit your food choices? It will be much more difficult to reach your protein goals without fairly large amounts of supplementation, but it is possible
    ~Barefoot Crew~
    **Canadian Crew**

Squat-365 Bench-195x5 Dead-405

Originally Posted by Lites10 View Post
    Do you mind me asking why you are considering a vegan diet? Is it for ethical reasons? Animal products don't agree with you? Social image? Because you believe it's healthier? I don't disagree with it provided you are choosing it for the right reasons, otherwise, why would you limit your food choices? It will be much more difficult to reach your protein goals without fairly large amounts of supplementation, but it is possible
    I am unable to eat most dairy, AND for health reasons. My husband and I have been doing a lot of research and reading and it's peaked enough interest in both of us to consider it. We've also found that a lot of today's top athletes are vegan, so we believe we'll be able to train and still gain muscle, recover well, etc.
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Magatron View Post
    Anyone here vegan?

What do you eat?

I was looking at vegan diets and trying to figure out the carb/fat/protein ratio for it - just looks like a higher carb diet.

Any help is appreciated - been toying with the idea but I want to get my nutrition right. I'm currently eating a 140g carb/140g protein/80g fat diet.

Thank you in advance!
    Just curious: how do you end up getting 140g protein from a vegan diet? I'm sure it's possible, but it must be tough to do every single day.

Also, if you're concerned about health, does eating fish still bother you?
    My path to contest prep:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160935491&page=1

Originally Posted by usawinston View Post
    Just curious: how do you end up getting 140g protein from a vegan diet? I'm sure it's possible, but it must be tough to do every single day.

Also, if you're concerned about health, does eating fish still bother you?
    Oh! I'm not vegan yet. We just started incorporating meals two days ago, and the 140g of protein was from before. That's why I initially started the thread - I was curious what people ate, if they were vegan.

Eating fish doesn't bother me now but we'll probably start eliminating it.
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh! I'm not vegan yet. We just started incorporating meals two days ago, and the 140g of protein was from before. That's why I initially started the thread - I was curious what people ate, if they were vegan.

Eating fish doesn't bother me now but we'll probably start eliminating it.
    Gotcha. My brother is a vegan and eats organic as well. Just be cautious that it can be very expensive if you get inducted into the subculture. If you end up shopping at vegan-specific grocery stores or communal grocery stores, the prices on some foods can be double what a normal supermarket is.

Also, you're going to need to supplement B12, which I hope you already know.

As for sources: tofu (gotta learn to love it!), tempeh, black beans, nuts, soy protein powder (so gross lol), rice protein (even worse).
    My path to contest prep:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160935491&page=1

darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am unable to eat most dairy
    Then you can simply eliminate dairy.

AND for health reasons
    I understand that you consider animal meats unhealthy?

We've also found that a lot of today's top athletes are vegan, so we believe we'll be able to train and still gain muscle, recover well, etc.
    What works for them does not necessarily work for you.

These reasons do not sound convincing at all.

50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000) 50-Fifty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by darkcloudcover View Post
    Then you can simply eliminate dairy.

I understand that you consider animal meats unhealthy?

Why does she need a reason? I think her reason is fine, if she believes she will be healthier doing it this way thats more than enough of a reason to do it.
    █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█

That I know, and I wasn't aiming to convince anyone of anything.
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

Originally Posted by 50-Fifty View Post
    Why does she need a reason? I think her reason is fine, if she believes she will be healthier doing it this way thats more than enough of a reason to do it.
    Thank you!
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I respect that, but in order to make in big change like this one, there should be more serious reasons than these. Good luck OP, and hope you reach what you're looking for.

Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Former roommate used to be vegan for moral reasons. He mainly ate rice,quinoa,pasta, multigrain bread, beans, chickpeas, tofu, avocadoes (good fats) + nuts and drank soymilk/fresh fruit smoothies.

We once made a vegan pizza using some sort of artificial 'vegan cheese' and tomato puree + topped with lots of vegetables. Tasted pretty good too.

Eventually he got bored of it, threw morality to the wind and started eating meat though LOL...but to his credit he kept it up for almost 2 years

Originally Posted by usawinston View Post
    Also, you're going to need to supplement B12, which I hope you already know.
    Along with vitamin B12, supplementing with folic acid + iron is important too, especially for the ladies
    *mid-20s and find the misc generally boring/immature now crew*
    *natty because too scared crew*
    *300 Spartan Crew*
    *UK Crew*
    *gh15 crew (the original gh15 not the fake one)*
    http://i.imgur.com/4x0LSXR.jpg

Crazy dreams on ZMA: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165238401

That I know, and I wasn't aiming to convince anyone of anything.
    I know, what I meant was that I didn't find your reasons good enough to make that huge change. Keep in mind that the more you train, the more protein you need, and the vegan diet isn't the best out there to provide it for you, plus our bodies are more efficient in digesting animal proteins than plants. I also hope that they didn't brainwash you about that same topic "animal meats are causing all kinds of sickness" and being lactose intolerant is a very common issue (no need to go vegan because of it!). I really think that you'll have to concentrate more on the supplement section if you're gona go vegan. If it was for spiritual reasons or stuff like that, I would've not made a comment. Good luck!

I know, what I meant was that I didn't find your reasons good enough to make that huge change. Keep in mind that the more you train, the more protein you need, and the vegan diet isn't the best out there to provide it for you, plus our bodies are more efficient in digesting animal proteins than plants. I also hope that they didn't brainwash you about that same topic "animal meats are causing all kinds of sickness" and being lactose intolerant is a very common issue (no need to go vegan because of it!). I really think that you'll have to concentrate more on the supplement section if you're gona go vegan. If it was for spiritual reasons or stuff like that, I would've not made a comment. Good luck!
    Haha, I was just keeping it short. And thanks. I don't think beef is great for you - although I realize there are some good nutrients in it (moderation is key). I'm not fully convinced just yet about fish, or any of the lean meats. When you compare diets in other countries, the mainly plant-based diet countries have lower cancer, arthritis, heart disease, alzheimer's, diabetes rates than mainly meat-eating countries.

Like I said in my first post, we're toying with the idea. We'll play around with it and if we find after some time that it we're missing something or it just isn't working out for us, we'll start incorporating other nutrients/meats into the mix.
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Is that the same person who claims she eats 30 bananas a day? Or is that some other crackpot?
    Yes, that's the crackpot.

I don't think beef is great for you - although I realize there are some good nutrients in it (moderation is key). I'm not fully convinced just yet about fish, or any of the lean meats. When you compare diets in other countries, the mainly plant-based diet countries have lower cancer, arthritis, heart disease, alzheimer's, diabetes rates than mainly meat-eating countries.
    I'm going to copy/paste my comment on a vegan guy's thread about the subject yesterday:

In my country, and especially in my city, we eat high fat & high cholesterol foods every single day in high quantity from birth to death. Please search google for the "French Paradox". The fact of the matter is, you rarely see anybody overweight, at any age, and the coronary heart disease is almost non-existent. Some has related this paradox to the resveratrol content in red wine, but the reality is, we consume far less processed foods than the US!

There is nothing wrong with being Vegan, but this does not mean that animal meats are bad and causing all these horrible things. You have to learn more about other societies and their health status, not only the US, compare and then conclude.

Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...0341863&page=1
    French paradox: heart.bmj.com/content/90/1/107.extract

Important questions:
    1) Did all these studies, that are brainwashing americans about being killed by meat consumption, include that those meat eaters were also consuming sodas and processed foods?

2) Have you ever looked at studies that closely monitered meat eaters without having sodas and processed foods? Did you see what the results were?
    Last edited by darkcloudcover; 12-15-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks for the links- I'll check them out when I'm not on my phone. But like I said - we're just toying with the idea. We're still open to other options. Just because I'm an American considering vegan does not mean I'm brainwashed.
    Eat CLEAN -- Train DIRTY

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But like I said - we're just toying with the idea. We're still open to other options.
    How about a rational diet composed to meet physiological sufficiency of nutrients rather than arbitrarily restricting the foods you eat?

Thanks for the links- I'll check them out when I'm not on my phone. But like I said - we're just toying with the idea. We're still open to other options. Just because I'm an American considering vegan does not mean I'm brainwashed.
    Welcome. Understood & good luck with that. By the way I got negged in this thread while I was giving you my honest opinion!