New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

a little help, loose skin etc

Hi,

I'm new to the site. Through being a depressed idiot, I once weighed 300 pounds. I now weigh 182, I lost it over 3 years or so. It was only after loosing weight for a long time that I joined a gym and started with weight training and cardio. I went with compound lifts and lifted as much as I could, (which wasn't much). I took this picture at 178 pounds. I am trying to gain muscle (on a small calorie surpluss) and am finding it difficult to make progress.

Also, as you can see, I have loose skin. I am thinking about surgery and wondering whether I should put on mass and or cut first. I am feeling pretty down at the moment, help from anyone (especially those that have been there before) would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO, if you are contemplating surgery, I would continue to lean out as much as you can before hand. I would make the decision for surgery sooner than later if I was in your position.

New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    IMO, if you are contemplating surgery, I would continue to lean out as much as you can before hand. I would make the decision for surgery sooner than later if I was in your position.
    why sooner?

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems to be there is still quite a bit of fat left, would either bulk for a while and then cut and see how it looks or continue cutting and see. Subacuteanous fat can drag skin down and make it look far worse then it actually is.
    It can also take a great deal of time for skin to recover after a big weight loss, up to a year or two depending on genetics etc. I got alot of loose skin on the belly , but it seems to be tightening up a bit already.

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Seems to be there is still quite a bit of fat left, would either bulk for a while and then cut and see how it looks or continue cutting and see. Subacuteanous fat can drag skin down and make it look far worse then it actually is.
    It can also take a great deal of time for skin to recover after a big weight loss, up to a year or two depending on genetics etc. I got a lot of loose skin on the belly , but it seems to be tightening up a bit already.
    Thanks man, you look great - how much weight did you lose if you don't mind me asking?
    how long/how much weight gain should i do the bulk for? How much is your skin tightening? Also, I am eating 2570 calories (maintenance) yet I am somehow gaining weight (1/2 pound a week) but my lifts are stalling, any ideas?

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by New88 View Post
    Thanks man, you look great - how much weight did you lose if you don't mind me asking?
    how long/how much weight gain should i do the bulk for? How much is your skin tightening? Also, I am eating 2570 calories (maintenance) yet I am somehow gaining weight (1/2 pound a week) but my lifts are stalling, any ideas?
    Lost around 100lbs, as for how long/how much weight gain for bulking I cant say, im on my first bulk atm. Typically it seems to be bulk untill you feel too fat.
    Its tightening slightly , havent been lean for that long yet. But it's getting better every week or so (still sags alot tho). Your surpluss seems about right, shouldnt experience any stalling for a long period of time(assuming you are still fairly new to lifting), what kind of lifting routine do you do ?

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're gaining weight you're not eating maintenance.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

ThatDailyGrind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are your height/weight/bodyfat% measurements? It looks like you still have some body fat to drop before that skin goes away. Abdominal fat is the worse guest. First to arrive, last to leave.

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Lost around 100lbs, as for how long/how much weight gain for bulking I cant say, im on my first bulk atm. Typically it seems to be bulk untill you feel too fat.
    Its tightening slightly , havent been lean for that long yet. But it's getting better every week or so (still sags alot tho). Your surpluss seems about right, shouldnt experience any stalling for a long period of time(assuming you are still fairly new to lifting), what kind of lifting routine do you do ?
    I am getting into starting strength, dead/squat is increasing but bench, press are lagging. How do you look so great after loosing all that weight man? Its giving me hope, because looking in the mirror is pretty tough right now

Originally Posted by ThatDailyGrind View Post
    What are your height/weight/bodyfat% measurements? It looks like you still have some body fat to drop before that skin goes away. Abdominal fat is the worse guest. First to arrive, last to leave.
    I'm 6'1, was 178 pounds in the pics, 182 now. Have no idea of bodyfat %. I doubt the skin is going anywhere though, it seeps at my side when i wake up in the morning

I am getting into starting strength, dead/squat is increasing but bench, press are lagging. How do you look so great after loosing all that weight man? Its giving me hope, because looking in the mirror is pretty tough right now
    My bench press is lagging behind as well, it is starting to improve now. Think it was a combination of bad form and mental muscle connection or something, took me a while to get chest engaged rather than mostly arms doing the push.

As for my looks, i cant really say tbh. Probably a combination of slow cutting (nearly 2 years,pretty much just cardio) and muscle memory from my days as a builder with maybe some good genes thrown in there. I was expecting to have far less lean mass then I ended up with, as I've only been serious on the weight lifting for the last month and half.

I can understand the mirror thing, I truly hated the mirror untill the last 2-3 months when muscle started to show. Initial cutting just leaves you smaller , but as you get closer to the end of it the changes happens pretty fast and you start looking totally diffrent when definition starts popping out everywhere.

RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would try to get down to a very low body fat level before you have surgery. That's not all going to go away, but a lot of it can, which would result in an easier surgery with better results or perhaps a result you're satisfied with without surgery. I'm 175 this morning and have less loose skin than that but still have plenty of fat to lose, so I know you do too. I'm coming down from a 60-65" waist at 350-360 lbs. I probably can't legitimately call myself lean until 150-155 lbs. I bet anything that if you were to grab your stomach, it would contain significant adipose tissue. When you're down to just the loose skin, it won't occupy as much space and it will wrinkle more than yours.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RRJ View Post
    When you're down to just the loose skin, it won't occupy as much space and it will wrinkle more than yours.
    Yeah, I think that's true. Skin itself is paper thin.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    why sooner?
    From the time you talk to your doctor, to the point you are on the table can be as much as a year. Talking to your physician about this SOONER and getting the ball rolling will give you a better indication on what you should do based on how much time you have until surgery.

If you are considering holding off the surgery for personal reasons, than the decision to cut or bulk is really up to you.

Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Am I the only one who thinks he should
    Bulk to gain more mass and then cut before going trough surgery? You mentioned you are eating at a small surplus, what is that? I've never done this so I'm not an expert, but I would try to eat more and bust my arse in the gym to improve lifts and fill out more. My cents at least.
    I'm comin out of Compton with a loose cannon