JoelD90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vastus Lateralis

Hey everyone.

I feel like my V. Lat is getting the stimulus it requires. I was wondering if anyone has any techniques on hitting the outside leg harder? direction of toes during squats or something maybe?

My V. Med is looking well as is Rec Fem but the outside could do with some more work

Just wondering

Cheers guys

guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you though about side splits or side lunges with a barbell.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired.
    You feel weak and when you feel weak you feel like you wanna just give up.
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    and just pull that s*** out of you and get that motivation to not give up
    and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse." -Eminem

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JoelD90 View Post
    Hey everyone.

I feel like my V. Lat is getting the stimulus it requires. I was wondering if anyone has any techniques on hitting the outside leg harder? direction of toes during squats or something maybe?

My V. Med is looking well as is Rec Fem but the outside could do with some more work

Just wondering

Cheers guys
    Keeping your feet close together for Squats, Leg Press, Machine Hacks, V-Squats, etc., will slightly shift the emphasis to the outer quads.

I don't recommend trying to 'point' your toes in any direction other than where they naturally want to point. Putting a torque on your knees and then loading them with heavy weight just isn't a good idea.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

JoelD90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Keeping your feet close together for Squats, Leg Press, Machine Hacks, V-Squats, etc., will slightly shift the emphasis to the outer quads.

I don't recommend trying to 'point' your toes in any direction other than where they naturally want to point. Putting a torque on your knees and then loading them with heavy weight just isn't a good idea.
    cheers for the suggestions, ill have a go as some of them!

I didnt mean a 90 degree turn haha, sorry that came out wrong, i just meant within the natural angle! from straight forward to the natural outward point! I tend to have mine pointed slightly outwards for squats and i wondered if straight ahead would target outta quad more.

But I'll def try the feet closer together.

Thank you

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try single leg leg press/extension at an angle?
    I always wonder standing on a sphere you know like a ball where your outer feet is lower than your inner feet which allow you legs from knee down have a v shape. would that work?