Thread: Cellucor BCAA

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up Cellucor BCAA

Big thanks to Mike Cellucor for sending me out a generous amount of product to test out and review.

I often drink bcaa products in between my first and second meals and intra workout as I tend to train with a ton of volume. So with that in mind, I was more than happy to receive perhaps the latest and greatest bcaa product. In fact, in this review, I am going to make my case for my personal opinion... that this is actually THE best bcaa product on the market, alongside Omega Sports Strive.

Packaging
    -One would be hard pressed to not mention the packaging when they purchase a Cellucor product. The unique texture and feel of the rubber coated containers they are using for this and their new creatine (also a great product that I will review later) are just plain sweet. When in a store front atmosphere, it is no wonder why Cellucor turns heads and a lot of customers are drawn to their line.

But what's on the inside?
    -Well, it is what's on the inside that counts right? In the case of supplements, yes

Cellucor didnt mess around here. There are FAR too many simple bcaa plus glutamin supplements out there. That has been done time and time again since I first started buying supps about 8 years ago. Why keep trying the same thing?

Cellucor reinvented the wheel a bit, Ive seen the inclusion of a low dose of citrulline malate or beta alanine thrown in, typically not at efficacious dosages. This product went with the no BS 2:1:1 leucine to isoleucine and valine ratio. Not the crazy 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 that companies may use if they got a cheap rate on bulk leucine.

Additionally, a relatively high dose of HICA, which is a new, exciting, potentially promising, and expensive raw ingredient to purchase is used. Cellucor clearly isnt concerned with making cheap products... knowing the cost and availability of every ingredient on the market, I chuckle at most formulas (fat burners and pres that cost more to package than the ingredients cost, etc). HICA is something that I look for in a supplement aimed at increasing protein synthesis.

Beta alanine + citrulline malate: The first supplement that I ever saw combining these two ingredients was MAN Body Octane, a time tested supplement that I still purchase frequently to this day. The combo is terrific for endurance, and short of COP, they mark the pinnacle of ingredients that can be safely and effectively used for increasing muscular endurance (as well as pumps, to a lesser extent). I have often used Body Octane intra workout, with this product I have something similar, with the added BCAA and HICA... that is pretty damn ideal. The dose of citrulline malate is better than most, and the dosage of beta alanine is spot on... I get tingly every time I take one scoop.

Taste
    -I have three different flavors on hand, but have only tried the lemon lime thus far.
    -The lemon lime is a 10/10 which I would also give xtend and ICE in the lemon flavors. Im a big fan of lemon flavored pre's, bcaa supps, etc.
    -One scoop of powder in 20oz of water is ideal, not overly sweet, but has the full flavor and bite that any lemonade type flavor should.
    -Mixes perfectly (taste wise) with nimbus blast which is a nice electrolye/energy product that I use regularly
    -The same is true for mixing it with the new Cellucor COR Creatine which is another promising formula.

Overall
    -10/10

This supplement, XF vendetta, and Omega Strive are just about the only free form amino acid supplements I would really consider at this point... luckily for me, I have all three on hand Of the three, this one likely tastes the best.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree, the profile, flavor and packaging is top notch
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I agree, the profile, flavor and packaging is top notch
    Hey Steve, off topic, but did you see my offer in the company promo section?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150181753

Free Accelerant for you if you want it, if you dont have time for a full log, a review would suffice!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great review man, wait till you try the tropical punch, if you think the LL Is amazing (i rate it my least of the 3 flavors) you are really in for a surprise.

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Great review man, wait till you try the tropical punch, if you think the LL Is amazing (i rate it my least of the 3 flavors) you are really in for a surprise.
    Wow, looking forward to it! I'll report back w feedback on the other flavors.