bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

plank exercise - feet slipping away?

I haven't tried it a lot yet, but my feet tend to really just slip away when doing a plank. It's just one unstable position, with maybe too much stress on the feet.

Any tips for getting better support with my feet?

Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yarby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just keep working at it. if your feet are slipping away, it just means that there is a weak link in your core (which also includes your hip flexors in this case), and you don't have enough strength to hold your feet where they should be. Keep at it!

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Yarby View Post
    Just keep working at it. if your feet are slipping away, it just means that there is a weak link in your core (which also includes your hip flexors in this case), and you don't have enough strength to hold your feet where they should be. Keep at it!

Yup. Also, you can put two 45 LB dumb bells behidn your feet, to keep them from sleeping, or put them against the wall. =)

bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyflash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies!

yea I guess I just have to keep at it so I get better with the exercise and also stronger with the muscles used with doing planks.

Using a wall is a good idea. Perhaps I could use that to get into the vibe of doing planks, or perhaps I should just plunge into the deep and do the exercise just fully without any support. Just a bit of experimenting will help me along the way.

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Another thing you could try is doing a suspended plank with TRX if you have this in your gym. Assume the plank position, but with your feet in the TRX loops. It's a progression of the plank, since it's more wobbly, so it's a bit harder, but you might find it easier if your feet are slipping due to your toes being uncomfortable in a hyperextended position.

Originally Posted by repsandsets View Post
    Another thing you could try is doing a suspended plank with TRX if you have this in your gym. Assume the plank position, but with your feet in the TRX loops. It's a progression of the plank, since it's more wobbly, so it's a bit harder, but you might find it easier if your feet are slipping due to your toes being uncomfortable in a hyperextended position.
    That's indeed both harder and easier at the same time and that might suit me well. I don't have access to a TRX, but I think I could also just use a bench or anything else to place my feet on. It's ofcourse not as wobbly as a TRX, but it might be a solution for slippy feet.