drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Low Test = Brain Tumor?

So, got an initial screen at the doc - 138.... Doc orders more tests to check the other hormones and says "well, if they're wacky too, it could be a sign of a brain tumor". Anybody heard this correlation before? WTF She also told me the number was so low, she'd even be surprised if an 80 year old was rocking 138. /sigh

Guess I have some googling to do. It's just with all the reading I've done, I've never read anything like this. I'm not freaking or anything, just perplexed...
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have been through all of this over the last year. It COULD be a tumor in the pituitary and it can be removed very easily. It is not nearly as scary as t sounds at first. My dr couldn't even see mine on a MRI so she did nothing but give me test replacement and watches me very closely. Don't freak out, it is okay. It is basically what Andre the giant had. His tumor just went unknown about and it was very large.
    The Unexamined Life is not worth living

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    So, got an initial screen at the doc - 138.... Doc orders more tests to check the other hormones and says "well, if they're wacky too, it could be a sign of a brain tumor". Anybody heard this correlation before? WTF She also told me the number was so low, she'd even be surprised if an 80 year old was rocking 138. /sigh

Guess I have some googling to do. It's just with all the reading I've done, I've never read anything like this. I'm not freaking or anything, just perplexed...
    Yea...they want to check pituitary function. Out of curiosity did they run a thyroid panel?... (pituitary signals your thyroid as well)
    They usually check LH as well. See if you are primary or secondary. (make sure the problem is not the boys themselves). Meaning a signaling issue, or production issue.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KenJenkinsII View Post
    I have been through all of this over the last year. It COULD be a tumor in the pituitary and it can be removed very easily. It is not nearly as scary as t sounds at first. My dr couldn't even see mine on a MRI so she did nothing but give me test replacement and watches me very closely. Don't freak out, it is okay. It is basically what Andre the giant had. His tumor just went unknown about and it was very large.
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Yea...they want to check pituitary function. Out of curiosity did they run a thyroid panel?... (pituitary signals your thyroid as well)
    They usually check LH as well. See if you are primary or secondary. (make sure the problem is not the boys themselves). Meaning a signaling issue, or production issue.
    Thanks guys.

I'm not sure what all she's looking for, but I'm guessing it's the stock stuff when this scenario occurs. Re: Thyroid, I've got a pretty good sized Thyroid Nodule, but she said it had nothing to do with that.

Only thing I can really think of why my levels are so messed up is I use a laptop for work, and work in the lazy boy. Sometimes I'm on 12 hours a day. Maybe I cooked it? I really have no idea. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for the encouragement.

ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellismj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm no DR, but I do have low Test and I have never heard of a laptop cooking your nuts til your test goes low. I have heard of it slowing down sperm production, which has nothing to do with low test. If you're trying to have kids you might buy a lap table or fan tray, but other than that I wouldn't worry about the laptop being related to low T. Anyway, sounds like the Dr is being very thorough with you. Once they clear you for any problems in the Pit gland you should DEFINITELY ASK FOR TEST REPLACEMENT THERAPY. If you're like me you've been lifting with low T for years and barely seeing any results. I've been taking shots, prescribed by a Dr, for about two months now. The other day my wife said my lats were getting TOO BIG. I told her there's no such thing! She hasn't commented on my physique in years. The moral is, once you get TRT and keep lifting you're going to see AMAZING RESULTS in the gym, your energy levels throughout the day will improve and tons of other benefits. Hope you're not afraid of needles!!! Not to worry, the shots goes into the deep muscle tissue and there are not a lot of nerve endings there.

I hope everything works out for you dude! Hang in there, do what the Dr says and once you're clear start getting those shots, THEY'RE AMAZING. BTW, there are other alternatives like an implantable pellet system, but I recommend the shots.

Good luck, good health and great lifts!

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Thanks guys.

I'm not sure what all she's looking for, but I'm guessing it's the stock stuff when this scenario occurs. Re: Thyroid, I've got a pretty good sized Thyroid Nodule, but she said it had nothing to do with that.

Only thing I can really think of why my levels are so messed up is I use a laptop for work, and work in the lazy boy. Sometimes I'm on 12 hours a day. Maybe I cooked it? I really have no idea. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Mike

Thanks Ellis,

I actually make really good gain's I think. I run series of programs, one after the other. I bulk and cut intelligently (with the help of folks here). My size and strength have gone up quite a bit. I was always a pretty good athlete (12 letters in HS). I focus and visualize lifts and the results I want, and I'm consistent. The only time it really feels like I have energy is when I'm lifting. The rest of the time, meh. I have about half the usual symptoms that are listed. The biggest one is sleeping all the time. My test levels last Feb were 280, but that was fasted AM instead of afternoon post lunch.

The doc said she doesn't like the implantables because they break. She didn't like creams because I have a 7 year old, so her regimen will be stick it, anti-girl stuff, and anti-shrink the nuts stuff (I think that's as specific as i can be w/o getting banned). It's $50 a week and insurance only covers part. We'll see how it goes. I'll post back once I hear the final results.

On a positive note, my bicep tendon is less inflamed and is back in the groove it's supposed to be in on my shoulder (the reason I went in the 1st place).

KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I started on the shots once a week and my levels would fall off during the week so I switched to androgel. I put it on first thing in the morning and wash it off as soon as I get home from the gym so my kids don't come in contact with it. My levels are much more consistent as a result. Just something to keep in mind.
    The Unexamined Life is not worth living