cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Internal vs. External motivation

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, I've been lifting seriously for about 3 months now. When I started lifting my motivation was intrinsic, to get a good body so it would help me with women. I've never had a problem getting chicks semi-regularly, but I've never been a huge playa either. My motivation has shifted somewhat from looking good for chicks to making the numbers go up on my lifts and focusing on the long term goal. I feel like if you have more intrinsic goals you are more likely to stick to your workout program and get real results. What motivates you guys?

insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm pretty simple, I just don't want to be out of shape. My motivation is my kids, being able to maintain an active lifestyle with them; long term though, I would want them to be proud when they introduced me to friends...don't want my kids to be ashamed of their father's appearance. Granted, it would probably be more along your initial motivations regarding women. That being said, your new motivation should probably have been the primary motivation from the get go...the attention from the ladies is pretty much the icing on the cake. You have the right mindset now in terms of the long term perspective, now all you need to do is maintain it.
    There is no such thing as "I can't."

There is, however, such a thing as "I won't."

Accountability over Excuses...

jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everything starts with COMMITMENT...

WHY CAN’T you get out of bed in the morning to go to the gym or WHY CAN’T you find time for the gym in your busy scheduled? You haven’t COMMITTED to it!

Why SKIP your workout because your workout partner can’t make it today? What does your training partner have to do with YOUR COMMITMENT?

Not training very hard today because everyone else in the gym seems to be taking it easy? What do THEY have to do with YOUR COMMITMENT to becoming YOUR best?

Not FOLLOWING THROUGH with your NUTRITION PROGRAM or NOT FOLLOWING ANY nutrition program? Chances are, you are lacking ..... COMMITMENT!!

Positive Energy 24-7, COMMITTED to helping YOU!
    Join my mailing list TODAY: http://bit.ly/join_my_mailing_list-today

and COMMIT to an OPTIMAL NUTRITION PLAN by clicking here: http://www.joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your goal is whatever you're comfortable with my man. Being bedding the most chicks or winning a bodybuilding contest. Just pick whatever you're ok with, it won't apply to everyone.

Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Implciti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wtf have I missed something? how comes all these motivational threads and stickies?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I clicked on Motivation instead of misc

angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Everything starts with COMMITMENT...

WHY CAN’T you get out of bed in the morning to go to the gym or WHY CAN’T you find time for the gym in your busy scheduled? You haven’t COMMITTED to it!

Why SKIP your workout because your workout partner can’t make it today? What does your training partner have to do with YOUR COMMITMENT?

Not training very hard today because everyone else in the gym seems to be taking it easy? What do THEY have to do with YOUR COMMITMENT to becoming YOUR best?

Not FOLLOWING THROUGH with your NUTRITION PROGRAM or NOT FOLLOWING ANY nutrition program? Chances are, you are lacking ..... COMMITMENT!!

Positive Energy 24-7, COMMITTED to helping YOU!
    Join my mailing list TODAY: http://bit.ly/join_my_mailing_list-today

and COMMIT to an OPTIMAL NUTRITION PLAN by clicking here: http://www.joyhenderson.blogspot.com/

yes
    Kid on the gym sees you working out your shoulders ...
    Asks "How much can you bench?" 0_O