miked719 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

CSCS - Tips / Need to Memorize Test Norms?

I'm studying for the CSCS and was wondering regarding tests etc. Do you need to know test norms charts such as X is in the 90% percentile for the curl-up test for a 42 year old? I know the stuff just not exact numbers and wasn't sure where to focus.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Probably not something to focus on.

One thing that they really like to do is have something like

Billy is a college basketball player
    He can bench X
    His T-test is X
    He can do X situps
    and his vertical is X

What does he need to work on most?

Strength/power in his lower body
    Muscle endurance
    blah blah
    771/645/622 Single Ply

johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnshade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mike,

I would just add:

You definitely don't need to memorize the normative data verbatim. However, that question that Torrte posted above comes up ALOT in different forms throughtout the test. So you do need to know what every test is and what it test for and have a "general" idea of what's bad/good/normal etc.

So if you don't know what a bad time on the T test is, and they list that as one of them, then you may not recognize that as the problem. Most of them on my test were obvious though. Just review them and get a sense of the range on the tests and what the tests are for etc.