Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Helenawf's 2012 Contest Prep Journal

21 weeks from tomorrow will be my first contest of the season: NPC Night of Champions in Spokane, WA.

Follow me here to see what it takes to do a show properly.

vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000)
    subbed!
    “Man – He sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
    -Dalai-

helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Week 20: Had the doctor check out my knee last week. I have a tight IT band and I may have either compressed or slightly tore my medial meniscus in my right knee. I took a week of direct quad training but start back tonight using discomfort as my parameter. Diet did not change this week:
    Meal #1 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of oats
    Meal #2: 6 oz chicken, 1 cup of green beans
    Meal #3: 6 oz chicken, 1 cup of green beans
    Meal #4: 25 grams whey protein, 1/2 cup of oats
    Meal #5: 4 oz chicken, 4 oz yams
    Meal #6: 4 oz beef, 1 cup of green beans

Doing lots of cardio this month. Tonight 20 minutes of bike and 20 minutes of high incline plus walking at work.

USPlabs Product Educator classic34's Avatar
    classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just curious...why do you place all of your added fat intake in your first meal of the day?
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

Information, advice and recommendations in this post are at the reader's sole discretion and risk and are not to be interpreted as an attempt to prescribe or practice medicine. You should see a licensed doctor before starting any diet and/or exercise program or when making health-related decisions. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000)
    carbs=energy, needed for the long day ahead.
    “Man – He sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
    -Dalai-

Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    Just curious...why do you place all of your added fat intake in your first meal of the day?
    I don't have to eat exactly in the order listed I can mix and match as long as I get it all in by the end of the day. There is a small amount of fat in each meal and the beef meal actually has more fat than the egg meal. This week I am actually having the eggs at the end of my day with the 4 oz of yams. I shred the yams and cook up a hash with eggs and yams and pepper. It is delicious!

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by helenawf View Post
    Week 20: Had the doctor check out my knee last week. I have a tight IT band and I may have either compressed or slightly tore my medial meniscus in my right knee. I took a week of direct quad training but start back tonight using discomfort as my parameter. Diet did not change this week:
    Meal #1 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of oats
    Meal #2: 6 oz chicken, 1 cup of green beans
    Meal #3: 6 oz chicken, 1 cup of green beans
    Meal #4: 25 grams whey protein, 1/2 cup of oats
    Meal #5: 4 oz chicken, 4 oz yams
    Meal #6: 4 oz beef, 1 cup of green beans

Doing lots of cardio this month. Tonight 20 minutes of bike and 20 minutes of high incline plus walking at work.
    what class will you be doing?

I hope there will be variety in this meal plan, that's going to really be rough after 20 weeks. Tracking your numbers with this?

use a variety of veggies, fruits, complex carbs, proteins-turkey, beef, chicken, protein powders?

Strained my erector spinae. Saw doc on Wednesday. Prescribed a muscle relaxer and a steroid pack. Just cardio and diet changed to this:
    Meal #1: 3 whole eggs, 1/3 c oats
    Meal #2: 4 oz of chicken, 1/2 c green beans
    Meal #3: 25 grams whey protein, 1/2 c green beans
    Meal #4: 3 oz of chicken, 1 T nut butter
    Meal #5: 4 oz of chicken, 1 c green beans
    Meal #6: 4 oz of beef, 1 oz almonds

I was able to do a 2.5 mile hike last night with son Chris. I woke up feeling much better this morning. Realized I somehow missed my muscle relaxer last night...I guess the placebo affect is working

hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    one day i will get that diet part down and then i will be on my way to having cut abs lol.

Last week and this week; 18 weeks until my first show

Last week, I hit another hurtle. The steroid pack that I took for my back lowered my immunity so I got a cold. Also, I was back at the doctor last Thursday for a bacterial infection caused by the steroid pack changing my internal pH. Despite these hurtles, I continued to train and do all my cardio. I was back in the gym on last Monday after taking five days off to let my back heal.

This week:
    I must complete 31 miles of cardio. I will be training Monday through Friday in the gym with weights.

Diet this week:
    Meal #1:
    3-7 whole eggs
    1/4 c oatmeal
    Meal #2:
    4 oz chicken
    1/2 c green beans
    Meal #3:
    25 grams of whey protein
    1 T nut butter
    Meal #4:
    3 oz salmon
    1/2 c green beans
    Meal #5:
    4 oz chicken
    1 T nut butter
    Meal #6:
    4 oz lean ground beef
    1 oz almonds

More progress pics to be taken by May 28th. Diet changes again on May 28th.

Effective Monday 5/28:
    Meal #1:
    3-6 whole eggs
    1 egg white
    Meal #2:
    4 oz chicken
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #3:
    25 gram whey protein
    1 t nut butter
    Meal #4:
    3 oz salmon
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #5:
    25 grams whey protein
    1 T nut butter
    Meal #6:
    4 oz lean beef (except one day a week substitute 4 oz chicken)
    1 oz almonds

Effective June 3rd:
    Meal #1:
    3-5 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    Meal #2:
    4 oz chicken
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #3:
    25 gram whey protein
    1 t nut butter
    Meal #4:
    3 oz salmon
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #5:
    25 grams whey protein
    1 T nut butter
    Meal #6:
    4 oz lean beef (except two days a week substitute 4 oz chicken)
    1 oz almonds[/QUOTE]

Effective June 5th:
    Meal #1:
    3-4 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    Meal #2:
    4 oz chicken
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #3:
    25 gram whey protein
    1 t nut butter
    Meal #4:
    3 oz salmon
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #5:
    25 grams whey protein
    1 T nut butter
    Meal #6:
    4 oz lean beef (except three days a week substitute 4 oz chicken)
    1 oz almonds

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great stuff, Wendy! Best of luck.
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Effective June 11th:
    Meal #1:
    3 whole eggs
    4 egg whites
    Meal #2:
    4 oz chicken
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #3:
    25 gram whey protein
    1 t nut butter
    Meal #4:
    3 oz salmon
    1/2 c green beans
    .5 oz almonds
    Meal #5:
    25 grams whey protein
    1 T nut butter
    Meal #6:
    4 oz lean beef (except four days a week substitute 4 oz chicken)
    1 oz almonds

Motivation

TODAY is my TOMORROW.
    It's up to ME to SHAPE IT,
    TO TAKE CONTROL and SEIZE EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

The power is in the choices I make each day. I eat well; I live well.

I SHAPE ME!

Brutal Workout Today:
    MET first:
    After warmup:
    Pull ups 1x5
    Deadlifts 1x10
    Push ups 1x10
    Squat jumps 1x10
    Crunches 1x10
    One arm Clean and Press 1x10
    Pull ups 1x5
    Rest 30 seconds and repeated 4 more times

Then, trained back and bis:
    Pull ups 3x10
    Pulldowns to front 3x10
    Narrow grip pulldowns to front 3x10
    Standing barbell curls 3x10
    Alternating dumbbell curls 3x10
    EZ bar preacher curls 3x21

12 WEEKS OUT:
    Dietary change this week: green beans only every third day.
    This week training: MET A and B, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday alternating between A and B. Also, 28 miles of cardio to be done between Sunday and Thursday.

Tomorrow will be 11 weeks out. Progress pics tonight!
    From this point on, I am to daily take time to mentally prepare. I must see myself winning; I must believe it!

Progress pics are up and in my progress gallery. Let me know what you think please.

Dietary changes immediately: Carbs on the 5th day only. Therefore, next carb day Wednesday 7/11/12.

11 Weeks Out: Lifting 4 days a week (M, T, Th, F), MET training five days a week (M-F). MET A & B are now coupled with a third MET, MET C. I will be Monday MET A, Tuesday MET B, Wednesday MET C, Thursday MET A, Friday MET B, etc...I get Saturday and Sunday off from all training.
    Last edited by helenawf; 07-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.

MET C
    Deadlift
    Romanian Deadlift
    Bent over Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

Rotation 1: perform each exercise x 6 reps; go from one exercise to the next, never let go of the bar, no resting between exercises. Remember, finish all 6 reps of each exercise before moving to the next exercise and finish all exercises before moving to the next rotation.
    Rest 90 seconds, Rotation 2: perform 5 reps of each exercise
    Rest 90 seconds, Rotation 3: perform 4 reps of each exercise;
    Rest 90 seconds, Rotation 4: perform 3 reps of each exercise;
    Rest 90 seconds, Rotation 5: perform 2 reps of each exercise;
    Rest 90 seconds, Rotation 6: perform 1 rep of each exercise.
    My Goal is to blow this out in 12 Minutes

Yesterday's training went well. I did my MET A at home; then, headed to the gym to train chest and tris. I did Flat BB Presses 3x10, Incline DB Presses 3x10, Incline DB Flyes 10x10, Lying DB Tri Extensions 3x10, Two Arm DB Extensions Behind Head 3x10, and Reverse Grip Pushdowns 3x10. Today, I will be doing MET B and training Back and Biceps.

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great to see your prep is going well, Wendy!!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Great to see your prep is going well, Wendy!!
    Thank you! New progress pics are up!

Changes in this week (10 Weeks Out):
    Green beans only every 6 days.
    This week MET and Miles.
    Miles = 27 in 5 days
    MET A-D.
    New MET added MET D.
    MET A: Monday
    MET B: Tuesday
    MET C: Wednesday
    MET D: Thursday
    MET A: Friday

MET D:
    25 pullups
    50 deadlifts
    50 pushups
    50 bw squats
    50 crunches
    50 clean n presses
    25 pull ups
    Done non-stop = 300 reps
    I got this done in 11 minutes today
    So far 3 miles in of cardio. Will do 2 more miles tonight after work on my treadmill at home.

Not happy with progress pics. Discussed with trainer. I will no longer be taking Xtend supp as we believe the sodium is making me retain water.
    New Diet effective today:
    Meal #1:
    2 whole eggs
    4 egg whites
    Meal #2:
    25 gram whey protein
    4 tsp nut butter
    Meal#3:
    4 oz Chicken
    12 almonds
    Meal #4:
    25 grams of whey protein
    4 tsp nut butter
    Meal#5:
    3-4 oz Salmon
    12 almonds

Also, this week's training will be:
    4 days of lifting
    3 days of MET
    36 miles of cardio to get done with 7 days

Next week's progress pics should be much better!
    Last edited by helenawf; 07-22-2012 at 02:03 PM.