Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to stop my hamburgers from falling apart and sticking to the grill?

Every time I grill Hamburgers, they fall apart and stick to the grill, what can I do to stop both from happening?

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make sure you are grilling an all beef burger...something like an 80/20 or angus steak. I've seen it happen with burgers with soy or low fat.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If your using lowfat you can either wipe the grill with a rag in canola, or I personally add pam grilling spray before starting it and that has worked.

camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seer, get the grill as hot as possible you know they are ready to flip when they come loose from the grill.

Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shawwn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    Make sure you are grilling an all beef burger...something like an 80/20 or angus steak. I've seen it happen with burgers with soy or low fat.
    I have tried using many types, 80/20, 96/4, 90/10, 85/15, but they all fall apart.

mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100)
    LOL, I just cooked a cheeseburger.
    The trick is to only flip it once, if you keep ****ing with it , it will fall apart.
    If you made your own burgers, then just make sure you pack that **** neatly.

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    egg & breadcrumbs

Originally Posted by mrtimz View Post
    LOL, I just cooked a cheeseburger.
    The trick is to only flip it once, if you keep ****ing with it , it will fall apart.
    If you made your own burgers, then just make sure you pack that **** neatly.
    It was on the first flip when it fell apart, maybe I flipped them too early, how long should I wait to flip it?

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Shawwn View Post
    I have tried using many types, 80/20, 96/4, 90/10, 85/15, but they all fall apart.
    You could be flipping to soon or not letting the grill get hot enough. Patience is a virtue when it comes to grilling. I get in a rush sometimes too.

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    You could be flipping to soon or not letting the grill get hot enough. Patience is a virtue when it comes to grilling. I get in a rush sometimes too.
    How long should I wait to put them on and when to flip them?

Originally Posted by tden99 View Post
    If your using lowfat you can either wipe the grill with a rag in canola, or I personally add pam grilling spray before starting it and that has worked.
    alright i'll try that next time

camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000) camlam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not that complicated I use straight extra lean ground beef salt pepper roll in to 200g balls tightly use a rolling pin to flatten to 3/4" thick get grill as hot as you can the burger will stick to the grill once it's ready to be flipped it will be loose from the grill flip then same thing once it's loose it's either done or ready to be flipped again depending on how you like your beef cooked.

Trial and error honestly. Every grill is different. Gas vs charcoal.

Alright thanks for your tips everyone, hopefully it goes better next time.

Originally Posted by MaoriNate View Post
    This, mix it with the beef before shaping the burger.
    Use the whole egg or just the egg white? Mix it like I would with french toast?

Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is what I do when grilling burgers that are at least 4oz raw weight: let the grill get to 400 degrees, then put the burger on. I usually flip them after 4:30-5mins, and then check them at 9mins. Normally they are done around 9-10 mins. This is with burgers that I'm forming with my hands and it's just the meat, so they are a little thicker and not as thin as pre-shaped ones. For pre-shaped burgers, flip at the 4min mark and check at 8min. Every time I've cooked either one this way they have turned out really good, doesn't matter if it's beef, turkey, or veal.

kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Use the whole egg or just the egg white? Mix it like I would with french toast?
    Whole egg. You would throw it in a bowl with the meat and kneed it all together.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Whole egg and some dry ingredient (oats/flour/bread crumbs)
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100) mrtimz is not very well liked. (-100)
    How long should I wait to put them on and when to flip them?
    You will see the burger begin to convex. This is a good sign. I'd say 6-7 minutes each side for a 1/3 pound burger on medium heat.