Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Julian's journey to competition in 2013

Personal Background: I'm a former division 1 athlete so I've always been into weight lifting and competitive sports. I started personal training in 2008 and open my own personal training studio in 2010. I also started competing in bodybuilding in 2010. In 2011, I got married and started writing articles for askthetrainer. This year my wife and I had a baby boy and I released my first ebook(MS3 Program). In the upcoming year I plan on competing in the INBA Arizona State Natural March 16th, OCB Valley of the Sun Natural in April, and possibly the OCB Arizona Natural in August.

Contest History:
    OCB: Arizona Natural 2010 DNP
    INBA: Forever Natural 2011 3rd place Men's Open
    INBA: Forever Natural 2011 2nd place Men's Novice
    OCB: Valley of the Sun Natural 2012 5th place Men's open
    OCB: Arizona Natural 2012 5th place Men's open

Goals: My short term goal is to win my class. My long term goal is to eventually win an overall.

Training: I'll be using my own comprehensive weight training program(MS3 Program) and I'll be doing 20 minutes of HIIT cardio during my strength phase and 30 minutes of moderate cardio during my stamina and size phases. If you're interested in learning more about my MS3 Program, please pm me.

Diet: I'll be consuming 2500 calories with 219/250/69 carbs/pro/fat. I'm doing one weekly refeed and shooting for 2800 350/245/46 carbs/pro/fat. My goal is too eat as many calories as possible while still losing weight at about a half pound a week. I'll adjust my macros and caloric intake accordingly throughout my prep. Most likely it will be on a 4-6 week basis.

Starting stats:
    175lbs roughly 7% or 8% body fat.
    My goal is to be in the 2%-3% range.

I'll post an update on today's workout and some photos later today.

Edit: I thought I'd add my supplement regimen
    Supplements:
    BCAA
    Fish Oil
    Creatine Mono
    Multivitamin
    Whey Protein
    Caffeine(about 200mg preworkout on some days just depends on how I feel)
    Last edited by JulianBee; 12-11-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added a section
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today's workout: I'm doing a strength phase this week and today's workout consisted of some heavy vertical pulling work. My workout went exceptionally well considering no one in my household slept well last night. My son was up every other hour :-/ However, I did manage to hit a pr on weighted pull-ups today. I did my bodyweight plus 55lbs. Here's a back shot from after today's workout

I finished training my clients early tonight so I came home and fired up the grill. Cooked chicken for tomorrow and pork tenderloin for tonight. Here's a look at my dinner; 6 oz pork tenderloin, one large chopped red potato, and asparagus.

I slept really well last night maybe because of the lack of sleep the previous night. Either way, I'm feeling energized and ready to tackle the day. I'm also down a pound this morning, but that's likely due to normal fluctuations in body weight.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great shyt bro! subbed to this!
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    great shyt bro! subbed to this!
    Thanks for subscribing bro!
    Today's workout: Great workout today. I'm still in the strength phase so I did heavy vertical presses(shoulders), traps, and rhomboids today. Felt pretty good throughout the workout. However, I did feel some joint soreness in my left ac joint so I'm gonna ice pretty routinely from now on to avoid/prevent any future problems.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Oh sht, we're face book friends, op, we're practically brothers! In.

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Oh sht, we're face book friends, op, we're practically brothers! In.
    Practically?!? We are brothers Lee lol. Thanks for subscribing bro! My posing has improved immensely since my first show, but it's definitely an area where I can still improve. I'm gonna start posing daily beginning in January. I contacted a buddy of mine IFPA Pro Will Tucker today, and I'm going to be doing two one on one posing sessions a week with him starting in Feb. I'm looking forward to learning some new techniques to better present my physique this year.

I didn't have much time to cook/prep tonight so I kind of threw together some steak stir fry for dinner. I used a tbsp of olive oil, lemon pepper, and garlic to season it. It's 7oz of ny strip steak, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, snap peas, carrots, and onions over 1.5 cups of brown rice.

Another night of great sleep last night. I'm still at 174(-1) this morning, but I like I said in the op my goal is to lose about a half pound per week. If I'm still dropping weight at this rate come next week I guess I'll have to up my calories lucky me :-) I've got a heavy leg workout today so I'm taking 200mg of caffeine preworkout. I'll post either a vid or photos later today.

Today's workout: Still doing the strength phase so heavy legs today. Workout went really well deadlifted 375 the 5 reps. I'm posting a video of it below. I'm doing this from my iPhone so sorry if I screw up the embedding. I know my form gets a little sloppy towards the end. Also, I'm posting a few leg shots and my leg press from today. My legs really need to lean out this year.

I way under my caloric goal for the day so my dinner tonight is pretty big. 11 ounces of chicken, 2 mashed medium sized red potatoes, and 2 cups of green beans.

Slept ok last night, but I'm feeling pretty drained/exhausted this morning. I'm thinking maybe I'm worn out from my intense leg day yesterday. I need to suck it up though heavy horizontal presses (chest) today.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kill that chest sesh brah!!!!
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Kill that chest sesh brah!!!!
    I took 200mg of caffeine preworkout because I was feeling exhausted this morning. It took me a few sets to get into it, but I had a monster chest workout session today. It was one of those days where you feel like you could just lift forever. I took this shot about 45 minutes post workout. My upper pec needs to develop more to match my deltoids.

Tonight I made baked breaded chicken with my special garlic hot sauce, a baked potato, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Still at 174(-1) today. I'm starting a stamina phase tomorrow for my workouts so I'm excited to switch the rep/set/volume scheme up.

I slept just ok last night. I had a dream that I gorged myself on starburst flavored jelly beans lol. Funny thing is I really don't like jelly beans. I'm at 173.5(-1.5) this morning so I'm still dropping weight at a rate a little faster than I'd like but I know it will slow down. I've got a few early clients then I'm hitting the weights. Stamina phase starts today and I'm kicking it off with horizontal pulls so barbell rows, dumbbell rows, tbar rows, cable low rows, and inverted rows here I come.

My workout this morning went really well. I got a massive back pump from the high volume high rep scheme. Feels good to switch it up plus it gives me a mental break from the heavy training.

Tonight's dinner 8 oz grilled chicken breast with taco seasoning and a half cup of black beans and spanish rice

I love Sundays. It's my only day off from operating my studio so I get to sleep in. I have no where to be so there are no time restraints on my workouts and I get to watch football all day. Being from Indy I'm a huge colts fan last season was tough to swallow, but we've got a lot of promise in the future. My weight is down another half pound 173(-2), but Sunday is my refeed day another reason to love Sunday lol. I'm working legs today I'm in my stamina phase so it will be high volume and short rest period workout which can get tough during squats, but I live for this shyt brahs!

Today's stamina phase leg workout was completely exhausting and my legs are toast, but it feels great. I went to la fitness today for a change of scenery and I happened to run into one of my figure athletes. She's in her offseason phase right now and I can tell she's made some huge strides in her physique compared to around this time last year. I'm excited to help her prep for the Arizona Natural in August of the upcoming year. Now it's time to make some meals and watch football :-)

Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you have a great frame.... very x factor... i dont see any reason why you can make your long term goal a reality sooner then later.....
    "You Must Show No Mercy..Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.. For your greatness will silence them all"

Instagram @allbusinessfitness

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeRichBuffalo

Originally Posted by Jrich54338 View Post
    you have a great frame.... very x factor... i dont see any reason why you can make your long term goal a reality sooner then later.....
    Hey thanks man I really appreciate it. I hope you're right and I win an overall soon :-)

Grilled some lean 95/5 burgers tonight for dinner. I'm putting them on some wheat buns with two sweet potatoes as a side. Also, saving a couple burgers for lunch tomorrow.

Wow my legs are extremely sore this morning and I slept like baby last night. It feels pretty good. I'm doing vertical presses(shoulders) with high volume and short rest periods. Two more stamina workouts after today and I'll be moving on to a size phase.

My stamina shoulder workout went great today. I had monster energy and was repping out 65lb dumbbells for 15+ reps. I'm also up a pound 174(-1). I think the energy during my workout and the weight gain were both products of refeed day yesterday and to top it all off my muscles looked really full post workout during my brief posing session.

Edit: I just wanted to specify that I was talking about my dumbbell shoulder presses.

I've got 6 oz of sirloin, two chopped medium sized red potatoes with garlic seasoning, and a heap of veggies tonight for dinner. In case you haven't noticed already I'm pretty fond of potatoes :-)

Another good nights sleep last night. I've got vertical pulls (back) today the second to last workout in my stamina phase before I move to a hypertrophy rep range. I'll be doing weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, lat pull-downs, reverse grip lat pull-downs, and close grip lat pull-downs before hammering my biceps. Also, I'm down half a pound today 173.5(-1.5)

I'm feeling pretty good after my workout today. I've notice some small changes in my physque during my brief posing session today mainly in my biceps and hammies. My hamstrings really need to lean out more this upcoming year so I hope this is a sign of good things to come.

Leftovers for dinner tonight. My wife and son are both ill so no time to cook I've got to make sure they're taken care of.