Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Team Universe Prep 2013

Please follow my blog during the next 14 weeks as I prep for this years 2013 Team Universe. I will be giving every little detail of information as I get ready. Please feel free to ask questions or specific details of my process. Diet, videos, and pictures to come.
    Diet will be posted tonight.

Last edited by tyseagle; 04-01-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

14 Weeks Out from show

Shoulder & Calf Workout today:
    Military Press 225 x 11, 245 x 7
    DB Military 100 x 8, 95 x 10
    DB Lateral 70 x 8, 60 x 10
    DB rear raise 45 x 12, 45 x 12
    Calf raises 380 x 12, 380 x 12

Cardio = 310 calories burned (312 is my record on this bike)

Diet for this week:
    Diet 14 weeks out.xlsx

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Last edited by tyseagle; 04-01-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

boxing23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As you get closer to the contest would you be looking at including more whole food protein sources rather then Protein Shakes?

Originally Posted by boxing23 View Post
    As you get closer to the contest would you be looking at including more whole food protein sources rather then Protein Shakes?
    Actually the opposite. The closer I get to the show the more protein I take in from shakes. By the last few weeks all my protein will come from shakes and none from whole food.

Click here to order

Review of the Day

Daily Disciplines:
    1. Weight Training - 8/10
    2. Cardio Training - 9/10
    3. Eating The Right Amounts - 9/10
    4. Eating On Schedule - 9/10
    5. Water Intake (2 gallons) - 10/10
    6. Supplements - 10/10
    7. Wake up On time (4:00am) - 10/10
    8. Go to bed on time (11pm) - 10/10
    9. Planned Day - 7/10
    10. Reviewed Day - 9/10

At the end of each day I like to give myself a score from 1-10 on my daily disciplines and follow through. Today was a very good day that was busy, but busy is good. One thing I will work on better tomorrow is planning my day. Today I had good ideas and intentions about how I wanted the day to go but I need to write these things down. Having them on paper makes my follow through a lot better.

I plan on taking a few pictures of my workout tomorrow and posting them at the end of each day. Plus I think some good chest videos would be good this week. I must make this contest my most enjoyable journey ever!

Click here to order

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering your reasons behind using more shakes then whole foods. I work quite closely with Dr. Paul Cribb here in Australia who has helped to get some of the best natural Pros in Australia contest ready including Warren Clampit and Tim Martin. Paul actually worked quite closely with Skip and Jeff in the AST days and helped them a lot from what I have heard. Paul is a big believer in increasing whole foods before a contest as your body has to work harder to break them down seeing that the protein molecule make up of whole foods is a fair bit different to the human body where as the molecular make up of especially whey protein's are almost identical to the human body. I guess it works for you and that is great! You are actually a real idol for me so I was just wondering what your thoughts where?

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering your reasons behind using more shakes then whole foods. I work quite closely with Dr. Paul Cribb here in Australia who has helped to get some of the best natural Pros in Australia contest ready including Warren Clampit and Tim Martin. Paul actually worked quite closely with Skip and Jeff in the AST days and helped them a lot from what I have heard. Paul is a big believer in increasing whole foods before a contest as your body has to work harder to break them down seeing that the protein molecule make up of whole foods is a fair bit different to the human body where as the molecular make up of especially whey protein's are almost identical to the human body. I guess it works for you and that is great! You are actually a real idol for me so I was just wondering what your thoughts where?
    What produces results is what's most important. I can certainly understand your point of view. I've heard that a lot.

If you look at their contest prep online journals back when Skip and Jeff Willet were competing back in 2002 and 2003, they both ate in this exact fashion with all of the protein servings and meal replacements. Skip has told me about how he and Jeff were questioned about their food choices and use of so many supplements all the time.

I know that Paul Cribb joined AST at the very end of Skip's long competitive bodybuilding career. I think the last year or so.
    Last edited by tyseagle; 04-02-2013 at 05:27 AM.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi boxing23.

Jeff and I pretty much did just the OPPOSITE of what you are are saying Paul Cribb teaches today.

I pulled this image from my exact contest prep journal. This what my diet was 4 weeks before my first contest that year (which made it 6 weeks before my second contest).

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi boxing23.

Jeff and I pretty much did just the OPPOSITE of what you are are saying Paul Cribb teaches today.

I pulled this image from my exact contest prep journal. This what my diet was 4 weeks before my first contest that year (which made it 6 weeks before my second contest).

4.5 fat for the day? Good bye sweet test levels.

Unless of course your supplementing test, then I guess you don't have to worry.

I hope no natty bodybuilders follow the diet advice above. (inafterjimmyrustlin)
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    4.5 fat for the day? Good bye sweet test levels.

Unless of course your supplementing test, then I guess you don't have to worry.

I hope no natty bodybuilders follow the diet advice above. (inafterjimmyrustlin)
    Hi pfaherty.

I am 100% in agreement with you on the importance and NEED for fat in your diet. I am a big believer in as much as 20 to 30% of your diet include fats.

When it comes down to the very end though when preparing for a contest, that's when the diet gets extreme.

Although it is not listed, I took as many as 12 CLA capsules a day at the end during this phase of the diet.

No jimmies rustled. It's a good question and point you brought up--although I disagree with your assumptions and conclusion.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-02-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry for the assumptions

Just don't want first time nattys reading this thread thinking low fats is optimal, especially long term.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Sorry for the assumptions

Just don't want first time nattys reading this thread thinking low fats is optimal, especially long term.
    As I stated before, it was a great point you brought up, jpfaherty.

Leg Workout This Morning:

Barbell Squats 455 x 5, 495 x 4, 475 x 4
    Leg Press 1080 x 5, 1080 x 5
    Lying Leg Curl 220 x 10, 235 x 7

Total Workout Time = 50 min.

Rate = 9/10

Click here to order

fit4mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fit4mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fit4mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fit4mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fit4mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very interesting! I'm going to follow your posts for sure! I'm on week 4 of Max OT training and so far I'm loving it! And when in doubt i'll nag you just a little! Best of luck with the preparation!

Originally Posted by fit4mike View Post
    Very interesting! I'm going to follow your posts for sure! I'm on week 4 of Max OT training and so far I'm loving it! And when in doubt i'll nag you just a little! Best of luck with the preparation!

Glad to hear. Please, nag all you'd like!

Afternoon Cardio Record = 310 calories burned
    same as yesterday, record on this bike still stands at 312. I'll get it tomorrow!!

Review of the Day

Daily Disciplines:
    1. Weight Training - 9/10
    2. Cardio Training - 9/10
    3. Eating The Right Amounts - 10/10
    4. Eating On Schedule - 9/10
    5. Water Intake (2 gallons) - 7/10
    6. Supplements - 10/10
    7. Wake up On time (4:00am) - 9/10
    9. Planned Day - 7/10
    10. Reviewed Day - 9/10

Really good workout today. Didn't get more reps but felt a lot stronger and more fluid with my form. Cardio was slightly harder today. Had to push it a half hour later than normal and I think I started getting tired by the time I got to the gym. Was only able to match my last calorie burn. Other than that the day was busy but still not planned well enough. Things must get written down in better detail. Also I had trouble taking my pictures this morning and have to figure out a better way to get these uploaded. I plan on filming my entire chest workout tomorrow and making a video montage of the whole thing to music over the weekend. Still planning on putting some photos up tomorrow though too.

Last edited by tyseagle; 04-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks Skip and Ty. I really appreciate the replys. That is exactly right Ty results are what's important. Warren Clampit has alos mentioned to me that Paul is taking a bit more of a different approach to things these days and Warren is doing some coaching with me. Thanks for all your input. I hope it didn't sound as if I was questioning your protocols. Just wanting to find out more and learn more about what some of the best in the world are doing. Cheers

Thanks Skip and Ty. I really appreciate the replys. That is exactly right Ty results are what's important. Warren Clampit has alos mentioned to me that Paul is taking a bit more of a different approach to things these days and Warren is doing some coaching with me. Thanks for all your input. I hope it didn't sound as if I was questioning your protocols. Just wanting to find out more and learn more about what some of the best in the world are doing. Cheers
    Anytime.

The questions are very welcomed. There's no better way to learn. Please ask more, I am here to help in any way I can.

Chest workout:

Incline Barbell Press 245 x 10, 265 x 8, 275 x 6
    Flat Barbell Press 295 x 7, 295 x 6
    Incline Cable Flys 57.5 x 11, 57.5 x 7
    Incline Dumbbell Press 80 x 11, 80 x 8

Total Time = 50 min

Rate = 9/10

lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You believe that eating on time matters or just something you do for the sake of doing?

Review of Day

Cardio Record: 298 calories burned, new bike so had no prior record.

Daily Disciplines:
    1. Weight Training - 10/10
    2. Cardio Training - 7/10
    4. Eating On Schedule - 8/10
    5. Water Intake (2 gallons) - 6/10
    6. Supplements - 10/10
    9. Planned Day - 7/10
    10. Reviewed Day - 9/10

Busy, busy, busy day. Pretty much recorded the entire workout this morning and made a short little intense film. Nothing special just playing around with editing and timing, only took about 1.5 hours. It was fun though and am starting to learn a lot about the editing process. Other than that I definitely had trouble getting enough water in today. After the afternoon hits I tend to forget to keep drinking. I must make it more of a point to drink during all moments and not just when I eat. This is the one thing I will try hard to focus on tomorrow.

Just thought I'd make a short intense video of some chest workouts. Hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by tyseagle; 04-03-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Workout complete at 5am:

Barbell Rows 335 x 8, 355 x 5, 335 x 7
    Reverse Pulldowns 270 x 12, 320 x 6
    Pullups 30 x 8, 0 x 11

Getting ready to do some cardio on the recumbent bike.

I try to spread cardio and weights apart by 8-10 hours. Do you complete cardio with weights or do you do them at different times?

chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't see it in the blog... What weight class u planning to be in? We might cross paths.
    CEO at BPI Sports
    InstaGram @chrismac_365

Originally Posted by chrismac365 View Post
    I didn't see it in the blog... What weight class u planning to be in? We might cross paths.
    Plan on competing in the heavyweight class

Cardio Record: 322 calories burned, new bike so had no prior record.

Daily Disciplines:
    1. Weight Training - 8/10
    2. Cardio Training - 8/10
    4. Eating On Schedule - 7/10
    5. Water Intake (2 gallons) - 7/10
    6. Supplements - 8/10
    8. Go to bed on time (11pm) - 8/10
    9. Planned Day - 7/10
    10. Reviewed Day - 9/10

Extremely busy day but felt very tired. Had a hard time waking up and getting my normal motivation during my workout. After especially I ended up laying down for about 40 minutes which I don't usually do. Feeling good right now and plan on having a great workout tomorrow morning. I am also planning on recording my arm workout tomorrow and making some video footage of it, like the chest video. If anybody has any suggestions for music it would be greatly appreciated.

Friday's Workout:
    Barbell Curl 165 x 6, 165 x 5, 155 x 7
    EZ Bar Curls 125 x 6, 125 x 6
    Dips 90 x 12, 150 x 6, 150 x 6
    Pressdowns 150 x 8, 160 x 7

Cardio Record = 328 calories burned, 6 more calories burned compared to thursday's record

Daily Disciplines:
    1. Weight Training - 9/10
    2. Cardio Training - 10/10
    4. Eating On Schedule - 6/10
    5. Water Intake (2 gallons) - 8/10
    6. Supplements - 8/10
    7. Wake up On time (4:00am) - 10/10
    8. Go to bed on time (11pm) - 6/10
    9. Planned Day - 7/10
    10. Reviewed Day - 9/10

Extremely busy day friday. Wasn't even able to eat on my normal schedule, had to seperate a couple meals by 4 hours. This pushed everything later and didn't even get to bed til after 12:30am. Some days go smooth and some days don't but consistency is the key. I still got all my exercise and meals in even though it didn't pan out perfect. Make the most of the situation you have and the results will come in due time.

Hey Ty! Just wondering how you feel functioning on just 5 hours of sleep per night and does it effect your recovery?

Hey Ty! Just wondering how you feel functioning on just 5 hours of sleep per night and does it effect your recovery?
    I believe that recovery is very important and it is happening all day long not just during sleep. That being said, I sleep that much just because of all the stuff I like doing and getting done during the day. I may be sacrificing some muscle by not sleeping as much as some believe is recommended but it is gladly done so I can have that much more time awake to enjoy.