Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lurking in the Shadows... rdcopps's Avatar
    rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Aiming for the Moon with Blue Star Nutraceuticals

Blue Star Nutraceuticals has been gracious enough to allow me to log a trio of supplements from their impressive lineup. If you have not visited their website, www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com, I highly suggest you do. It provides great information, is easy to navigate and has excellent videos that explain their supplements as well as their manufacturing processes.

I also want to give a huge shout-out to Chris Belanger (aka - GymGod0j1 on bb.com) from Blue Star. Without him, none of this would be happening.

The 3 supplements I will be logging over the next 30 days are Insane Rush, Power xd and Status.

Insane Rush is a preworkout supplement, Power Xd is a creatine supp and Status is a Test Booster. I will get more into these supplements in the next post.

As for me, I am 37 years old and have been lifting for about 20 years. I have tried many different training routines and just as many supplements. There is not much I haven't tried at one time or another. Nowadays, I'm right around 205lbs at a bodyfat of about 16%. My training goals are aimed at recomposition. I would like to get to 215lbs at a bodyfat level around 10%. That's my goal and I'm going to get it.

In the next several posts, I will discuss more about my current training regimen, my diet and of course Blue Star and their supplements. As for now, I just want to thank Chris and Blue Star again for this opportunity. Can't wait for the gains to begin!
    Attached Images

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice start my man... I'm in on this I like the names...
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Blue Star Nutraceuticals Gym God's Avatar
    Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rdcopps View Post
    Blue Star Nutraceuticals has been gracious enough to allow me to log a trio of supplements from their impressive lineup. If you have not visited their website, www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com, I highly suggest you do. It provides great information, is easy to navigate and has excellent videos that explain their supplements as well as their manufacturing processes.

I also want to give a huge shout-out to Chris Belanger (aka - GymGod0j1 on bb.com) from Blue Star. Without him, none of this would be happening.

The 3 supplements I will be logging over the next 30 days are Insane Rush, Power xd and Status.

Insane Rush is a preworkout supplement, Power Xd is a creatine supp and Status is a Test Booster. I will get more into these supplements in the next post.

As for me, I am 37 years old and have been lifting for about 20 years. I have tried many different training routines and just as many supplements. There is not much I haven't tried at one time or another. Nowadays, I'm right around 205lbs at a bodyfat of about 16%. My training goals are aimed at recomposition. I would like to get to 215lbs at a bodyfat level around 10%. That's my goal and I'm going to get it.

In the next several posts, I will discuss more about my current training regimen, my diet and of course Blue Star and their supplements. As for now, I just want to thank Chris and Blue Star again for this opportunity. Can't wait for the gains to begin!
    Nice, looking forward to it!
    Chris Belanger | Vice President, Sales
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com
    chris@bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Day #1

I've been waiting for this day for several weeks and it is finally here! My journey with Blue Star has begun, so let's jump right in! I am currently following Dorian Yate's Blood & Guts routine. For those not familiar, Dorian advocates low volume, high intensity and absolute failure. The program runs for 6 weeks and then Dorian suggests taking a week off from the gym or a couple weeks of light workouts to allow your nervous system to properly recover. For more information on this workout, here is the link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm

So, upon waking and as directed, I took 2 caps of Status and 2 caps of Power Xd. Nothing out of the ordinary with either of the 2. They were your standard size capsules and easy to swallow. One thing I did notice was their color. Status came in an eye catching orange and Power Xd came in a two-tone, orange and blue. This may not seem like a big deal, but when you take multiple capsules a day and are easily side-tracked (me), having capsules that are different colors can save you a lot of time and headaches when you forget which one you just took!

After that, I double checked my workout for the day and took my pre-workout, Insane Rush. I tend to not like pre-workout supps that are very sweet, as they make me feel as if I'm taking a bunch of sugar, which sometimes I am. The Raspberry-Lemonade Insane Rush did not fall into that category. I mixed it with 16 oz. of water, stirred and drank. The taste reminded me of Crystal Light and didn't leave any strange aftertaste that some supps do. Raspberry-Lemonade is not my favorite flavor, but this was not bad for me. It was more of a subtle flavor than on overpowering one. Had it been overpowering, I would probably not have liked it. Another thing I would like to point out is that when I finished, there was hardly any residue left in the glass. Nothing makes me madder than spending money on a supplement, taking the supplement as directed and then seeing a quarter of the supplement in the bottom of the glass! Then you have to keep adding water, swishing it around and drinking it again. That was not the case here. Definitely got points in my book.

(Just a bit of residue on the side of the glass)

Off to the gym I went and here is how the workout went.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 warm up set of 8-10 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Set #1
    55 x 12

Set #2
    70 x 10

Set #3
    85 x 10 (pr for me as far as reps)

Side Lateral Raise: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    35 x 12

Set #2
    45 x 9 (additional 3 partials)

Low-Pulley Delt Raise: 1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, each arm

Set #1
    30 x 10 (raised pulley with non-working hand and performed 5 negatives at the end)

Reverse Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    35 x 12

Set #2
    45 x 10

5 min rest - Recuperate and mentally prepare.

Triceps Pushdown: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Performed on a single pulley machine

Set #1
    80 x 15

Set #2
    110 x 9

Lying Triceps Extensions: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    65 x 12

Set #2
    75 x 8

Seated Triceps Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    75 x 12

Set #2
    85 x 8

I was completely smoked after this. While the weights used are not the heaviest I have used, the limited rest between sets and going to absolute failure makes this a brutal workout. All in all, this was a solid workout for me. My muscles definitely felt full and pumped. I didn't notice an jittery feeling from the Insane Rush. However, near the end of the workout with my tri's about smoked, I did notice that I felt very focused for the last couple of sets. Insane Rush the reason? Maybe. Time will tell.

As I get more into this log, I will post pictures of myself. I feel this not only holds me accountable to Blue Star, but also shows the effects of their supplements.

One more thing before I sign off on this post. Almost 9 hours later and no crash. More points for Insane Rush!

If you want more information on Insane Rush, click on this link http://www.bluestarnutraceuticals.co...ts/insane-rush
    Attached Images

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Day #1

I've been waiting for this day for several weeks and it is finally here! My journey with Blue Star has begun, so let's jump right in! I am currently following Dorian Yate's Blood & Guts routine. For those not familiar, Dorian advocates low volume, high intensity and absolute failure. The program runs for 6 weeks and then Dorian suggests taking a week off from the gym or a couple weeks of light workouts to allow your nervous system to properly recover. For more information on this workout, here is the link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm

So, upon waking and as directed, I took 2 caps of Status and 2 caps of Power Xd. Nothing out of the ordinary with either of the 2. They were your standard size capsules and easy to swallow. One thing I did notice was their color. Status came in an eye catching orange and Power Xd came in a two-tone, orange and blue. This may not seem like a big deal, but when you take multiple capsules a day and are easily side-tracked (me), having capsules that are different colors can save you a lot of time and headaches when you forget which one you just took!

After that, I double checked my workout for the day and took my pre-workout, Insane Rush. I tend to not like pre-workout supps that are very sweet, as they make me feel as if I'm taking a bunch of sugar, which sometimes I am. The Raspberry-Lemonade Insane Rush did not fall into that category. I mixed it with 16 oz. of water, stirred and drank. The taste reminded me of Crystal Light and didn't leave any strange aftertaste that some supps do. Raspberry-Lemonade is not my favorite flavor, but this was not bad for me. It was more of a subtle flavor than on overpowering one. Had it been overpowering, I would probably not have liked it. Another thing I would like to point out is that when I finished, there was hardly any residue left in the glass. Nothing makes me madder than spending money on a supplement, taking the supplement as directed and then seeing a quarter of the supplement in the bottom of the glass! Then you have to keep adding water, swishing it around and drinking it again. That was not the case here. Definitely got points in my book.

(Just a bit of residue on the side of the glass)

Off to the gym I went and here is how the workout went.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 warm up set of 8-10 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Set #1
    55 x 12

Set #2
    70 x 10

Set #3
    85 x 10 (pr for me as far as reps)

Side Lateral Raise: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    35 x 12

Set #2
    45 x 9 (additional 3 partials)

Low-Pulley Delt Raise: 1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, each arm

Set #1
    30 x 10 (raised pulley with non-working hand and performed 5 negatives at the end)

Reverse Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    35 x 12

Set #2
    45 x 10

5 min rest - Recuperate and mentally prepare.

Triceps Pushdown: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Performed on a single pulley machine

Set #1
    80 x 15

Set #2
    110 x 9

Lying Triceps Extensions: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    65 x 12

Set #2
    75 x 8

Seated Triceps Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1
    75 x 12

Set #2
    85 x 8

I was completely smoked after this. While the weights used are not the heaviest I have used, the limited rest between sets and going to absolute failure makes this a brutal workout. All in all, this was a solid workout for me. My muscles definitely felt full and pumped. I didn't notice an jittery feeling from the Insane Rush. However, near the end of the workout with my tri's about smoked, I did notice that I felt very focused for the last couple of sets. Insane Rush the reason? Maybe. Time will tell.

As I get more into this log, I will post pictures of myself. I feel this not only holds me accountable to Blue Star, but also shows the effects of their supplements.

One more thing before I sign off on this post. Almost 9 hours later and no crash. More points for Insane Rush!

If you want more information on Insane Rush, click on this link http://www.bluestarnutraceuticals.co...ts/insane-rush
    Bro nice log.. Very nice routine here I may have to give it a try. These products look legit. It sounds like this product doesn't have any chemical like nasty taste.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Thanks Big Man. I love this routine. The key is truly pushing yourself to failure. It's an uncomfortable feeling that most people won't go to. But I've had some solid gains the last several weeks and I totally buy into Dorian's philosophy.

As far as the insane rush, you're right. No weird chemical taste afterwards. To me, it literally tastes like a crystal light drink. No crash either.

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed! Great start man. Blue Star really hooked you up there
    And killer workout. I started aching just reading that haha. Keep it up!
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

Originally Posted by ODoyle99 View Post
    Subbed! Great start man. Blue Star really hooked you up there
    And killer workout. I started aching just reading that haha. Keep it up!
    Thanks for the sub. Workouts are all about quality, not quantity!

Day#2

Today was going to be an off day or at best a cardio day, but how can you not lift weights when you just started a stack?!? That's unheard of! So, having to work a 13 hour shift, I decided to get up at 4 am and get a session in before work.

Before I even got out of the bedroom, I took my 2 caps of Status and 2 caps of Power Xd, as I keep them next to the bed so I won't forget to take them. Got me things together, along with my Insane Rush, and headed for the gym. The gym is about 15 away, so this gives me time to drink the Rush. Again, minimal residue in the glass once I was done.

My plan was to work legs and it almost got derailed. There was a "boot camp" group hogging 4 squat racks and 2 leg press machines! I mean, really?!? Do you guys need all that?! Anyway, I didn't let that throw me. Before I get to the workout, I want to point out that before any leg work, Dorian preaches active stretching, as opposed to static stretching. The stretching is intense and I ALWAYS break a sweat when doing the exercises. Once done, I jump right into the routine. Here is a breakdown of the routine, along with weight/reps used. One note, I substituted leg extensions with sissy squats as the new leg machine is already broken!

10 min Cardio Warm Up
    Stretching

Lower Back Stretch: 1 set of 6 reps, each side

Hamstring stretch (keeping legs straight): 1 set of 6 reps

Glute stretch: 1 set of 6 reps

Sissy Squats: 1 warm up set of 15 reps, 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, increasing desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    1 minute rest all sets

Set #1 - bw x 20
    Set #2 - 25 x 15
    Set #3 - 45 x 12

Leg Press: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    (Had to use the machine as opposed to the sled)

Set #1 - 410 x 15
    Set #2 - 470 x 12
    Set #3 - 510 x 14 ( heavy as the machine would go)

1 min rest

Hack Squat: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1 - 100 lbs per side x 12
    Set #2 - 200 lbs per side x 12
    Set #3 - 245 lbs per side x 10

5 min rest. Recuperate and mentally prepare.

Seated Hamstring Curl:1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1 - 140 x 12
    Set #2 - 170 x 9

1 min rest

Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Set #1 - 135 x 12
    Set #2 - 225 x 10 (started to lose my grip. Wasn't wearing straps)

1 min rest

Calf Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 3 rest-pause sets to failure, desired weight (10-15 sec rest between sets)
    Set #1 - 270 x 12
    Set #2 - 330 x 10, 300 x 10, 270 x 8

1 min rest

Seated Calf Raise: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Set #1 - 90 x 12 ( calves started cramping)
    Set #2 - 135 x 9 ( had to stop because cramps got to bad)

Solid leg session, especially for 4 am in the morning. I have to say that I was much more pleased with the Insane Rush today. Yesterday, I didn't feel much of a kick. This morning, different story. Definitely felt more of a warming sensation then I did yesterday. I got to thinking about it and realized I had a protein shake before taking the Rush yesterday. I think this definitely interfered with its ability to work. This morning, I had nothing in my stomach when I took it and noticed the difference. Also, my shoulders and tri's were definitely feeling it from yesterday's workout. I think some of the cramping I experienced today was a result of the creatine I am now taking from Rush and Power. Very pleased with the workout and Blue Star today!

Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heck yeah! Taking INSANE RUSH on an empty stomach will do it for you. I don't think I could take it on an empty stomach... and doing Legs first thing in the morning though!

Originally Posted by Gym God View Post
    Heck yeah! Taking INSANE RUSH on an empty stomach will do it for you. I don't think I could take it on an empty stomach... and doing Legs first thing in the morning though!
    Not going to lie, but I was quite nauseous after I was done! Had to get a protein shake before leaving the gym out of fear I would lose whatever might be left in my stomach on the ride homeI need to find the "sweet spot" between taking Insane Rush on an empty stomach and taking it after eating something. I think I'm going to try to have a protein shake about an hour prior to taking, if time allows. When I work out before work, I'm to pressed for time, so I do what I have to.

Day#2

Today was going to be an off day or at best a cardio day, but how can you not lift weights when you just started a stack?!? That's unheard of! So, having to work a 13 hour shift, I decided to get up at 4 am and get a session in before work.

Before I even got out of the bedroom, I took my 2 caps of Status and 2 caps of Power Xd, as I keep them next to the bed so I won't forget to take them. Got me things together, along with my Insane Rush, and headed for the gym. The gym is about 15 away, so this gives me time to drink the Rush. Again, minimal residue in the glass once I was done.

My plan was to work legs and it almost got derailed. There was a "boot camp" group hogging 4 squat racks and 2 leg press machines! I mean, really?!? Do you guys need all that?! Anyway, I didn't let that throw me. Before I get to the workout, I want to point out that before any leg work, Dorian preaches active stretching, as opposed to static stretching. The stretching is intense and I ALWAYS break a sweat when doing the exercises. Once done, I jump right into the routine. Here is a breakdown of the routine, along with weight/reps used. One note, I substituted leg extensions with sissy squats as the new leg machine is already broken!

10 min Cardio Warm Up
    Stretching

Lower Back Stretch: 1 set of 6 reps, each side

Hamstring stretch (keeping legs straight): 1 set of 6 reps

Glute stretch: 1 set of 6 reps

Sissy Squats: 1 warm up set of 15 reps, 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, increasing desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    1 minute rest all sets

Set #1 - bw x 20
    Set #2 - 25 x 15
    Set #3 - 45 x 12

Leg Press: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    (Had to use the machine as opposed to the sled)

Set #1 - 410 x 15
    Set #2 - 470 x 12
    Set #3 - 510 x 14 ( heavy as the machine would go)

1 min rest

Hack Squat: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1 - 100 lbs per side x 12
    Set #2 - 200 lbs per side x 12
    Set #3 - 245 lbs per side x 10

5 min rest. Recuperate and mentally prepare.

Seated Hamstring Curl:1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set #1 - 140 x 12
    Set #2 - 170 x 9

1 min rest

Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 10-12 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Set #1 - 135 x 12
    Set #2 - 225 x 10 (started to lose my grip. Wasn't wearing straps)

1 min rest

Calf Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 3 rest-pause sets to failure, desired weight (10-15 sec rest between sets)
    Set #1 - 270 x 12
    Set #2 - 330 x 10, 300 x 10, 270 x 8

1 min rest

Seated Calf Raise: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
    Set #1 - 90 x 12 ( calves started cramping)
    Set #2 - 135 x 9 ( had to stop because cramps got to bad)

Solid leg session, especially for 4 am in the morning. I have to say that I was much more pleased with the Insane Rush today. Yesterday, I didn't feel much of a kick. This morning, different story. Definitely felt more of a warming sensation then I did yesterday. I got to thinking about it and realized I had a protein shake before taking the Rush yesterday. I think this definitely interfered with its ability to work. This morning, I had nothing in my stomach when I took it and noticed the difference. Also, my shoulders and tri's were definitely feeling it from yesterday's workout. I think some of the cramping I experienced today was a result of the creatine I am now taking from Rush and Power. Very pleased with the workout and Blue Star today!
    nice session my man.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Not going to lie, but I was quite nauseous after I was done! Had to get a protein shake before leaving the gym out of fear I would lose whatever might be left in my stomach on the ride homeI need to find the "sweet spot" between taking Insane Rush on an empty stomach and taking it after eating something. I think I'm going to try to have a protein shake about an hour prior to taking, if time allows. When I work out before work, I'm to pressed for time, so I do what I have to.
    Yeah man try taking a protein shake prior to taking Insane Rush. I'm not taking the Insane Rush but that's how I do every workout day. Is a protein before my workout and another after my workout then I have breakfest.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    Yeah man try taking a protein shake prior to taking Insane Rush. I'm not taking the Insane Rush but that's how I do every workout day. Is a protein before my workout and another after my workout then I have breakfest.
    I'm like you and tend to take a shake before working out, but yesterday I took one right before taking Insane Rush. Taking it today on an empty stomach was a bit too rough.

... or what about a cup of rolled oats prior to? Good fuel and won't let keep your belly feeling full of liquid.

I hear you with training before work. I tend to do this as well but since beginning my prep, I'm training after work now.

Going to try the rolled oats. I hate the sloshing around in my stomach when I don't eat anything. Always makes me feel like my stomach is the hull of a ship that's taking on water!

Had an intense workout this morning. Working right now, but will try to post later. The trio of Blue Star supps is definitely making me train harder as I am much more sore throughout my entire body than I usually am! May have to look at some recovery supps if this continues.

Going to try the rolled oats. I hate the sloshing around in my stomach when I don't eat anything. Always makes me feel like my stomach is the hull of a ship that's taking on water!

Had an intense workout this morning. Working right now, but will try to post later. The trio of Blue Star supps is definitely making me train harder as I am much more sore throughout my entire body than I usually am! May have to look at some recovery supps if this continues.
    Sounds like this product is working good. I may have to get my hands on this stuff.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Sounds like this product is working good. I may have to get my hands on this stuff.
    It's only been a couple days so I'm not drawing any conclusions yet, but I'm definitely more sore than normal on the same routine. Makes me think I'm pushing myself harder. Time will tell.

Check out this video from Blue Star's site. It's only 2:10 long and shows a glimpse into their manufacturing process. I don't see many other sites doing this!

http://www.bluestarnutraceuticals.co...nd-development

Oh, how I'd like to have the image at 1:33 show up on my doorstep!
    (Iso-Smooth is Blue Star's kick a$$ protein!)

Check out this video from Blue Star's site. It's only 2:10 long and shows a glimpse into their manufacturing process. I don't see many other sites doing this!

http://www.bluestarnutraceuticals.co...nd-development

Oh, how I'd like to have the image at 1:33 show up on my doorstep!
    (Iso-Smooth is Blue Star's kick a$$ protein!)
    A lot of strings had to be pulled to get the camera in there!

Got to the gym around 4:45 and guess who was there?!? My boot campers that I loathe! Once again, they were hogging all the squats racks. I was about to take a pic with my phone, but decided against it. This situation is definitely going to come to a head very soon!

Anyway, back to my workout. After taking Power Xd and Status at the house and Insane Rush on the way over, I hit the treadmill for a 10 minute warmup. After that, I jumped right into my workout.

10 min Warm Up on Treadmill
    Injury Prevention tip: Rotater Cuff Warm Up - 2 sets of 12 reps, rest elbow on surface to keep form tight

Decline Bench Press: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

Hammer Strength Machine
    Set 1 - 2 plates/side x 12
    Set 2 - 3 plates/side x 10
    Set 3 - 4 plates/side x 8

Incline Dumbbell Press (45 degree incline): 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

Set 1 - 75 x 12
    Set 2 - 90 x 9 (felt strong on this set)

Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set 1 - 45 x 12
    Set 2 - 55 x 9 (almost dropped the db's on my face!)

5 min rest

Dumbbell Concentration Curl: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set 1 - 35 x 12
    Set 2 - 45 x 8 (3 additional negatives)

Straight Bar Curl: 1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight

Set 1 - 85 x 8 (cheated the bar up and performed 3 additional negatives)

35 minutes and completely smoked. Insane Rush kept me focused on the task on hand and powered me through the workout. This is the fastest I have ever gotten through this workout. My legs were definitely sore from the previous workout and when I hoisted the db's up for my first set of inclines, my eyes about popped out of my skull! These 3 workouts this week have been intense and drive has definitely been elevated. I'll be taking today (Thursday) off from the gym and be back tomorrow to work back.

Nice man and lots of good pointers! As for the weight falling on the face, my wife and I were with friends in Cancun earlier this year. Met this guy a day in with a black eye and asked him what happened. "Dropped the weight on my face." We laughed... but it is possible. A couple of times I've almost felt myself slip.

Here is the image that I had sent earlier but there was a problem uploading. I know, because I just tried earlier.

For more information go to --> www.BlueStarNutraceuticals.com

Originally Posted by Gym God View Post
    Nice man and lots of good pointers! As for the weight falling on the face, my wife and I were with friends in Cancun earlier this year. Met this guy a day in with a black eye and asked him what happened. "Dropped the weight on my face." We laughed... but it is possible. A couple of times I've almost felt myself slip.

Here is the image that I had sent earlier but there was a problem uploading. I know, because I just tried earlier.

For more information go to --> www.BlueStarNutraceuticals.com

I'll get the image uploaded later tonight when I get home from work. All I have is my iPad at work and it might pose a problem.

I've seen a lot of near fatalities in the gym. I always get a bit nervous when I see an inexperienced lifter not using a spotter, like flat bench.

And I think everyone who has lifted for any length of time has experienced that "panic" feeling when you realize you're about to get stuck and don't have a spotter!

And I think everyone who has lifted for any length of time has experienced that "panic" feeling when you realize you're about to get stuck and don't have a spotter!
    once or twice... not fun.

Got to the gym around 4:45 and guess who was there?!? My boot campers that I loathe! Once again, they were hogging all the squats racks. I was about to take a pic with my phone, but decided against it. This situation is definitely going to come to a head very soon!

Anyway, back to my workout. After taking Power Xd and Status at the house and Insane Rush on the way over, I hit the treadmill for a 10 minute warmup. After that, I jumped right into my workout.

10 min Warm Up on Treadmill
    Injury Prevention tip: Rotater Cuff Warm Up - 2 sets of 12 reps, rest elbow on surface to keep form tight

Decline Bench Press: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

Hammer Strength Machine
    Set 1 - 2 plates/side x 12
    Set 2 - 3 plates/side x 10
    Set 3 - 4 plates/side x 8

Incline Dumbbell Press (45 degree incline): 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

Set 1 - 75 x 12
    Set 2 - 90 x 9 (felt strong on this set)

Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set 1 - 45 x 12
    Set 2 - 55 x 9 (almost dropped the db's on my face!)

5 min rest

Dumbbell Concentration Curl: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

Set 1 - 35 x 12
    Set 2 - 45 x 8 (3 additional negatives)

Straight Bar Curl: 1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight

Set 1 - 85 x 8 (cheated the bar up and performed 3 additional negatives)

35 minutes and completely smoked. Insane Rush kept me focused on the task on hand and powered me through the workout. This is the fastest I have ever gotten through this workout. My legs were definitely sore from the previous workout and when I hoisted the db's up for my first set of inclines, my eyes about popped out of my skull! These 3 workouts this week have been intense and drive has definitely been elevated. I'll be taking today (Thursday) off from the gym and be back tomorrow to work back.
    Things are looking good in here my man keep it up..
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Things are looking good in here my man keep it up..
    That's the plan!

Here is a video that I have downloaded as an MP3. It's been around for a while. I will listen to it from time to time when I am warming up on the treadmill. The video is ok, but it's the commentary that gets me motivated. It always helps me get focused and thinking "Big"

Back is probably my favorite muscle group to train. You can use heavy weight and just feel like a beast. I love rows, chins, deadlifts, pulldowns, pullovers, etc....I can't even think of a back exercise that I don't like! And guess what today was? BACK DAY!!!!

I woke up from a solid 8 hour sleep. Something I haven't had in numerous weeks. I took my 2 caps of Status, but held off on the Power Xd. Power Xd's directions is to take 2 caps in the morning and 2 at night. On training days, take 2 caps before working out. Since I typically workout fairly early in the morning, I felt it best to take Power Xd along with Insane Rush right before hitting the gym. I'm not sure if this slight change or all the supplements are starting to take effect, but I had one of my best back workouts since I can remember. It was definitely my best back workout since starting the Blood & Guts routine almost a month ago. Maybe it was a combination of both. Regardless, being the superstitious person I am, I will be taking Power Xd along with Insane Rush right before I workout from now on.

As normal, I started with a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill and then headed straight for the weights. As a reminder, I take a timed, 1 minute rest between all sets and exercises. So the pace is very quick with limited time to recover.

Dumbbell Pullover: 2 warm up sets 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure,desired weight (increase weight between sets)
    (Since moving this exercise to 1st in the rotation, I am able to isolate my lats without burning out my bi's)

Set 1 - 65 x 12
    Set 2 - 75 x 10
    Set 3 - 95 x 15 (PR in both weight and reps. I knew it was going to be a big set. I could just feel it!)

Close-Grip Pulldown: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight

Set 1 - 150 x 12
    Set 2 - 180 x 9

One-Arm Row (each arm): 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight

Set 1 - 70 x 12
    Set 2 - 90 x 10 (PR while on this routine)
    (I do take a 1 minute rest before performing set on opposite side)

Wide-Grip Cable Row: 1 warm up set 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight
    (I actually used the rope handles instead of a straight bar. It allowed me to pull my hands to the sides of my ribcage)

Set 1 - 160 x 10
    Set 2 - 180 x 7
    (My grip was failing at this point and I should've used straps for the last set. Some people use straps on all back exercises. I used to do the same until I realized my grip was not as strong as it should've been. I know do not use straps until I can no longer hold the bar properly. It was a struggle at first, making the adjustment, but I have since adapted and my grip strength has improved considerably.

Barbell Deadlifts: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set 8-10 reps to failure, desired weight
    (A slight change from what I had been doing. Today, I performed these in the rack with the pins set about 4 inches below my knee. All I was concerned with was targeting the back. I previously had been doing 1/4 deadlifts and stopping in basically the same place, but with this at the end of the workout and my back about finished, I had a tendency to drop the bar further and further down. This made it difficult to continue as well as isolating only the back. Changing to the rack allowed me to go much heavier than usual and finish off my back.)

Set 1 - 225 x 12
    Set 2 - 315 x 8 (Definite PR for this routine)

That was it. I had nothing left. My back felt pumped and strong. Throughout the workout, I felt focused and in the zone. I concentrated on controlling the weights at all times throughout the lift. While it is still very early in this stack, I feel as if I am starting to hit my stride with it. I have also cleaned up my diet and I am tracking my calories and macros to aid me in putting on lean mass while dropping bodyfat. I would also like to note that I am experiencing more pump and vascularity than I normally do. Several hours after the workout, I could see the veins running down both of my biceps. I normally only see this right after I work out my arms. I've got to give credit to Insane Rush for that! Although I'm not pleased with my physique at this point, I usually post pics so I can track my progress and others can see the results for themselves. So I snapped a couple pics of my back after the workout and picked the one that is least embarrassing. Here you go.

Attached Images

Nice session bro. Log and products looks good in here.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Lots of good lifts in here, well done! Always look forward to Back Day!