Mtx50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need Help from the woman out there

Hey girls and guys if you reading this i need some help. My wife has gained about 30lbs since we got married due to her doing nothing all day. I am active in the gym but the last time she tried to workout with me we got in a fight (long story to much andro i think) anyways do you guys got any suggestions for me? Like some sample workouts so she can tone and lose bodyfat? Any ideas how to motivate her? Please gimme any advice you can I love her so much i dont wanna see her destroy her body.

Thanks!

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First she has to want to do it. You can look around the female bodybuilding thread on this site to get idea. There a few ways to go about losing weight so, or her, needs to find out what she'll most likely stick to.

My wife and I can't workout together. We have different intensity philosophies. Like you, we just end up arguing.

Good luck to both of you.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

wlifter123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you give her a workout chances are she's not going to do it as frequent as you like, how intense you like, ect.... Lets face it, some people like to workout, others don't. I can't stand to watch guys at gyms try and push their girlfriends/wives at the gym, it almost always ends in a fight (I'm guilty of this too.) When I first started dating my girlfriend, she weighed 110, she got up to 145 after a few years. I tried to force her into the gym, it didn't work, we just fought a lot. When I got off her case and let her do her own thing she got back down to 120 lbs, I can live with that (she did it with slimfast if you can believe that.) Now in the evening I always ask her if she wants to go on a walk and on the weekends we go swimming at the pool. I also encouraged her to join a softball team. All this burns limited calories, but when we're walking or hanging out at the pool or she's playing sports at least she's not snacking in front of the T.V. My advice would be to just encourage her to do things she would find enjoyable, and make time to do them with her. If you can even make a dent in her weight loss (without her realizing what you're doing) it could encourage her to start taking it serously. If I'm off base here, I apolagize. Good luck.

spoiledgurl82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was the same exact way as your wife. My husband got orders to a very small base in Italy and I can't work so all i do is sit around and do nothing too. All my life I have been very active. I have been dancing since I was 3 and I was also a cheerleader in high school so for me to be doing nothing started to have a great effect. I gained 20 lbs.when we got over here just from sitting around. From a woman's point of view it has to be her that wants to do it for herself. My husband and I work out every other day together but at the gym we do our own thing...I run for 20 min. then I do weight training. On days that I don't go to the gym I do Pilates, which is nice and relaxing but helps tone you up at the same time. I have been doing this for about 3 months and have lost 15 of those pounds. Eating is also a huge thing. I know that when I am home all day with nothing to do, you just want to eat. If she does that tell her to just drink a lot of water that will curve her hunger. I don't know if this is any help but I saw a situation that was a lot like mine and thought that i would comment, again it has to be her that wants to do it but when she does decide to start going make sure to praise her for going and encourage her, that is what my husband did and it helped out a lot. When she starts seeing those pounds coming off she will want to go more and more.

Mtx50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Glad Im not in the boat alone

Well she said she will start goin to the gym with me on monday. I dont have a problem helping her and i dont expect her to be MS Olympia just want her back to her size when we got married! Oh yea she is a superfreak about Starbucks coffee so that doesnt help. I think if she would eat she'd be better off. she only eats once a day!