Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

***Official War Z Alpha Thread***

Alpha comes out tomorrow

Quote from the forum

Originally Posted by W1Z23 View Post
    As we all know the Legends and Pioneers get to help closed alpha test The War Z. but many of you may or may not of ever alpha tested before, knowing that i've made this nice little FAQ to help clear up thread space, make it easier on the moderators, and to inform the flood of new The War Z players

Where will i download the game?

You will download the client from http://thewarz.com/download.html and it will be roughly 5 mb in size. Once downloaded, you will use the serial number and email that was used to buy the account to verify and then register a new email (or the same if you wish). From that client you will install a launcher and download/install the game

When can i download the game?

You can begin downloading the client October 15th, 2012 mid-afternoon PST

How large is the actual game?

The game is roughly 2-3gb FOR ALPHA. in the beginning we are limited to ~30% of the map. we will get to explore more of the map aas the alpha goes on.. and we are expected the full map when beta is launched. so actually the full game is between 6-9gb.

How long will it take to download the game on launch day?

It will take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed and how many people are downloading

Will there be an NDA?

YES YES YES!!! the NDA (or non-disclosure-agreement) will start October 15th and end sometime in the first week or 2 in November

What is a NDA?

A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects nonpublic business information.

When will I be signing this NDA?

You will more than likely sign/agree to it after installing the client or when you first run the game, if you dont accept it you will NOT be able to play

Will I be able to rent a server or stronghold during alpha?

NO, this time period is for testing the game on a larger scale.. as such the game will be very strict and will loosen up during beta/retail

Will loot be different during alpha?

YES.. spawn rates will be slightly increased in order to allowed more testing of weapons/items

What will we spawn will during alpha?

We will start out with water, food, bandages, a flashlight, and your map.. although since it is alpha it is more than likely that they will adjust these

Will there be a wipe after alpha (oct 30>31) or not?

No

Why are we limited in the map during launch?!!??

we are limited so we dont aimlessly wander around exploring, we are limited to test loot spawns and AI and various other things

Who's gonna be playing tomorrow?

And warning for everyone, there is a NDA which means there can't be any screenshots or videos of the Alpha or some punishment will occur. Idk what will happen but just don't do it

EDIT: Post in game names here when you get the option to do that
    Last edited by tdnick; 10-14-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    Winter is not coming
    Aways pick 1 crew
    Calf veins are bigger than bicep veins crew
    DA BEARS, Cubs, Vols, Grizzlies

datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Me!
    Stream dat der FFXIV, watch me be a noob.

http://www.twitch.tv/dawndawg

benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    anyone have a guest key, will pay for it brahs if need be. pm me

tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tdnick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by benzzbrah View Post
    anyone have a guest key, will pay for it brahs if need be. pm me
    I don't know for sure, but I think the guest keys are for the actual real game when it is released.
    Winter is not coming
    Aways pick 1 crew

Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Schlangemann will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is the Alpha only for people who pre-order? If that's the case I am not buying something that I haven't seen played =\

miscers can pm me secret video links when they get the game for reps <3

Originally Posted by Schlangemann View Post
    Is the Alpha only for people who pre-order? If that's the case I am not buying something that I haven't seen played =\

miscers can pm me secret video links when they get the game for reps <3
    Yeah either the $30 one or $50 one.
    Winter is not coming
    Aways pick 1 crew

Registered User impactplayer616's Avatar
    impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000) impactplayer616 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Legend checking in, get out of work at 4pm eastern tomorrow and will be on all night long.

datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000) datmuscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think if you post screens and vids and break the NDA, they'll just ban your account.
    Stream dat der FFXIV, watch me be a noob.

http://www.twitch.tv/dawndawg

Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for tomorrow got a code from a misc brah. will download when i get home
    "I dont mean bitch in a disrespectful way, I mean bitch as a general term for women" Kratos, son of Zues
    PC+Xbox1+PS4+WiiU true master race. Can't we all get along?
    ***Tom Clancy's: The Division "Kill all betas"/Survival of the Fittest*** Crew
    I will take your stuff in darkzone even if you are my friend, deal with it.

Typing completely sober Dabonusballa's Avatar
    Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Will hopefully be buying legend tomorrow, and can hop in on the fun. How is this gonna work? Are we gonna try to set up some sort of vent or teamspeak thing?
    |Bohdizzle Fanclub|

Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phaze2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    uh wtf, Just bought it and got no confirmation email / code

Originally Posted by Dabonusballa View Post
    Will hopefully be buying legend tomorrow, and can hop in on the fun. How is this gonna work? Are we gonna try to set up some sort of vent or teamspeak thing?
    That's why I made this thread. Hopefully someone already has one we can use
    Winter is not coming
    Aways pick 1 crew

ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000) ticktickytembo is just really nice. (+1000)
    if someone has one can you send/pm me a guest pass? Thanks so much

Typing completely sober Dabonusballa's Avatar
    Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000) Dabonusballa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ticktickytembo View Post
    if someone has one can you send/pm me a guest pass? Thanks so much
    Guest pass only works for when the game goes into beta on Oct 31st, and only lasts for 48 hours. Not sure if you knew.
    |Bohdizzle Fanclub|

twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in this thread. only a *few* hours left

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im in. didn't try dayZ but wanna see what people say about the gameplay for this game.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) twicerainbow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    brand new rep system on warz forum. brb rep trades

Bump to the top. Only a few hours left
    Winter is not coming
    Aways pick 1 crew

JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000) JM18 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tdnick View Post
    Bump to the top. Only a few hours left
    or more. game will be released between 12pm-6pm pacific time according to what devs said on the forum.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    was 212
    now 168

Winter is not coming
    Aways pick 1 crew

SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Probably been asked alot, but how does this compare to DayZ?

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So does the game itself have it's own server if you buy the lowest package or do you have to know who/where people are hosting?
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

Originally Posted by obey46 View Post
    So does the game itself have it's own server if you buy the lowest package or do you have to know who/where people are hosting?
    Supposedly, the devs are controlling the servers or something
    Winter is not coming
    Aways pick 1 crew

False Football Prophet drvillain's Avatar
    drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Download page is loading incredibly slow, because of all the traffic. I wish we had an exact time to download the client.

tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tehAnimaI is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Damn that sucks, figured id be able to download and play when I got in from work.
    Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.

CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000) CVSstrangler is just really nice. (+1000)
    why couldnt they have just lettuce download the client earlier, i feel like i wont be playing this until tomorrow

The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Zodiac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by obey46 View Post
    im in. didn't try dayZ but wanna see what people say about the gameplay for this game.
    DayZ is a great game, and that's just a mod with modest resources. Hopefully this game can do at least as well.
    "Hey Jason Stain I heard you played in those old movies transporters, well I can shove my fist up your transporter ass, your candy ass. Bam baby! Nothin but a penis. WOOOO!" - Jason Genova

False Football Prophet drvillain's Avatar
    drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2:30 pst is the time they have given us to DL the client

everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    midterm tomorrow...in anyways

FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FckCarrots is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hope this game doesn't disappoint those who got it