Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Horizon92 View Post
    Unaware about the reference to my post?

And yes obviously you don't need to refeed. But it is a good way of helping fat loss, especially when getting into the lower digits.
    Why should fat intake be the same? Why a surplus? How will your advice affect fat loss short term and long term? A re-feed is typically a day where you eat more carbs and eat to maintenance.. it has zero affect on metabolism or fat loss, and you can still eat less/same/more fats. Refeed days are just a way to eat more for sanity purposes, lack of energy, etc.. and most don't even do them. I understand that eating more can affect mood, energy levels, etc.. thus making your workouts a bit better, but if you are eating at a consistent deficit of 15-20% it wouldn't matter.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Re-feed has some additional benefits (other than mental), but this is more of a conversation for guys with single digit BF %, which OP is not in danger of being any time soon

supermannnnn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by koatliki View Post
    Re-feed has some additional benefits (other than mental), but this is more of a conversation for guys with single digit BF %, which OP is not in danger of being any time soon
    hahaha just wait brah

Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From what I've read from Lyle Macdonald and Eric Helms, what I'm advicing is the correct way of refeeding. They suggest having fewer refeeds the higher BF% you are at, but still recommend them. But I also think koatliki is correct in saying that it probably won't be necessary to worry about. The most important thing is not binging

Originally Posted by Horizon92 View Post
    From what I've read from Lyle Macdonald and Eric Helms, what I'm advicing is the correct way of refeeding. They suggest having fewer refeeds the higher BF% you are at, but still recommend them. But I also think koatliki is correct in saying that it probably won't be necessary to worry about. The most important thing is not binging
    Thank you for your help, I've been doing some research as well, so yeah, i didn't know one day of binging will hurt your diet, and now, i'm just going to go normal deficit, and refeed properly once a week. Does anyone know the maximum amount of fats needed? is it 30% of calorie intake?

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by supermannnnn92 View Post
    Thank you for your help, I've been doing some research as well, so yeah, i didn't know one day of binging will hurt your diet, and now, i'm just going to go normal deficit, and refeed properly once a week. Does anyone know the maximum amount of fats needed? is it 30% of calorie intake?
    Dude, DO NOT refeed at your BF %. You will just stall your diet.

Remember: it is simple math. If you eat 500 calories below your maintenance every day and then eat 3.5k extra on one day of the week then you will be exactly where you started at the beginning of the week.

And you know how easy it is to eat 3.5k calories extra in a restaurant? Chicken wings appetizer could easily be half of that.

Remember: it is simple math. If you eat 500 calories below your maintenance every day and then eat 3.5k extra on one day of the week then you will be exactly where you started at the beginning of the week.

And you know how easy it is to eat 3.5k calories extra in a restaurant? Chicken wings appetizer could easily be half of that.
    Eric Helms recommends doing refeed, even at my BF%. Do you recommend me eating 500 below maintenance everyday?

Originally Posted by supermannnnn92 View Post
    Eric Helms recommends doing refeed, even at my BF%. Do you recommend me eating 500 below maintenance everyday?
    I have no idea who that is, but if 3,500 calories/week maintenance is one pound a week. It was just an example. I would lose weight slower if I am around 150-160lb.

I would personally look at refeeds if I were in single digit BF %, but do whatever works for you.

tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000)

This. If your at a 500 calorie deficit 6 days a week then eat 3500 over maintenance you wont lose any weight. Call it what you want, a re-feed day, cheat day, whatever you want, it's still going to stop your weight loss.

This is the problem I have with people who want a cheat meal or cheat day, yes it may only be one meal or one day, but it could be enough to stall your weight loss.

Calories out>calories in= weight loss.
    "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action!"

***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Disregard everything else, acquire aesthetics crew***
    ***Scotland crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***MFC Crew***

★★ The WAKE UP EARLY because I CHOOSE to Crew ★★

Dallas Cowboys. Texas Longhorns. Glasgow Rangers. Texas Rangers.

russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    doing refeeds just led me to binge eating those days and has slowed down weight loss, I avoid it all together now

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I should re-phrase my opinions a bit here.. IMO what Lyle and Eric are saying is if you are single digit BF% and cutting or whatnot, a refeed would play a more vital role... than if you are 10% and above. Now I'm just picking that number off the top of my head, but the needs of a single digit person opposed to a double digit person are much different. I went from 204 to 168.... my hunger/etc.. changed with bf% change and I can understand the want/need for a refeed when you are REALLY low, but not double digits. This is why MOST will pick a day on the weekend to eat to maintenance with more carbs... you can still eat more, and still lose body fat with doing so.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    I should re-phrase my opinions a bit here.. IMO what Lyle and Eric are saying is if you are single digit BF% and cutting or whatnot, a refeed would play a more vital role... than if you are 10% and above. Now I'm just picking that number off the top of my head, but the needs of a single digit person opposed to a double digit person are much different. I went from 204 to 168.... my hunger/etc.. changed with bf% change and I can understand the want/need for a refeed when you are REALLY low, but not double digits. This is why MOST will pick a day on the weekend to eat to maintenance with more carbs... you can still eat more, and still lose body fat with doing so.
    Yeah, Eric had a video made lately, saying refeed once a week is fine, even on >10% bf, however twice a week is better for someone under that!