dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dickbutt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Advice for a Beginner

Hi everybody. I couldn't find a "Beginner's forum" throughout these forums so I thought I'd post here.

Some background about me. I'm 27 years old right now and about 2-3 months ago I was introduced to weightlifting and thought I'd make a go of it. It's a real shame that I didn't know of this sphere of fitness until now, but hey, it's better late than never.

Attached are some photos I snapped last week.

I am 5'6", 155 lbs in these pictures.

In early September I started doing Starting Strength after having read the book. From early September to late October (7-8 weeks) my squat went from the empty bar (x 3 sets x 5 repetitions) to 165 lbs and my deadlift got to 200 lbs (x 1 set x 5 repetitions).

Through most of November (so, 3-4 weeks), I stopped lifting as I had moved out my apartment and lost access to its gym and had to shop around for membership at a commercial gym, finally starting back up in late November. I lost much of my gains - the above two lifts went down by 30-35 lbs.

I would class myself as an endomorph, or perhaps more as hardcore skinny-fat - whichever "-morph" that fits under. If you notice, you'll see I have substantial belly fat, manboobs, and a big booty. Under those boxers are some fat thighs too. Even when my weight was as low as 127 lbs a year and half ago when I went on a diet and ate a lot less food, I was hardly lean, and still more or less displayed that skinny-fat, pregnant women's figure. I feel that I eat reasonably healthy - I do my best to avoid fast/processed food, I drink only water (no juice, soft drinks, coffee), I eats lots of fruits and veggies - yet my body stores fat like a boss.

Perhaps weightlifting and putting on muscle is the answer to this? This is all so new to me. Now I've started with Starting Strength, but that's because it's the only thing I know and have read. What lifting program do you suggest as optimal? And what about diet & nutrition? My goals are aesthetically-based - I don't want to be a strong, GOMAD-y, fat man. I want muscularity and a nice, flat torso, plain and simple. I want to look decent.

Your advice and direction is much appreciated.
    Attached Images

jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100)
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133395553
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My advice would be to try again with a username that isn't dickbutt.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100) jakemacattack is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    My advice would be to try again with a username that isn't dickbutt.
    Maybe the best username I have seen. Nice work, dickbutt.

elfordo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elfordo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elfordo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elfordo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hit the weights, read up on routines use the forum read up on nutrition, there is always something you can do.
    "Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
    - Muhammad Ali