HeidiHearts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Pre contest moods

Hey everyone! This is my first post so not sure if it's in the right category!
    Was just wondering if anyone either is dating a pre contest bb or is pre contest with a partner.
    The main issue I have is my boyfriend is four days out from his first comp! He's doing so well and I'm really proud of him but... I feel like he's had no interest in me for the past few weeks! I don't see him untill bed, no time to talk don't ever get a kiss or a hug it even feels like he's too busy to tell me he loves me. We have been together almost two years and he has never been like this before. I guess I just wanna know if anyone has experienced this?? He's sure it's like pre contest and it will go away but I can't help but worry!

ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashthorn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As a male who is 2 weeks out from my first comp I would say this is likely common. My poor girlfriend who is very supportive has endured much the same moods from me. The severe caloric deficit causes a loss of libido and also a loss of desire to be affectionate. While I can be "content" much of the time, it is hard to be "happy" as I believe the lack of calories and in particular saturated fat causes a reduction in serotonin uptake.

The saving grace in our case is that I identified that I was being like this and we talked about it, and she understands its not forever.

Just wait it out, I am sure your boyfriend will be highly appreciative of your support when its all over and he gets a few decent meals in him

Smile

Originally Posted by ashthorn View Post
    As a male who is 2 weeks out from my first comp I would say this is likely common. My poor girlfriend who is very supportive has endured much the same moods from me. The severe caloric deficit causes a loss of libido and also a loss of desire to be affectionate. While I can be "content" much of the time, it is hard to be "happy" as I believe the lack of calories and in particular saturated fat causes a reduction in serotonin uptake.

The saving grace in our case is that I identified that I was being like this and we talked about it, and she understands its not forever.

Just wait it out, I am sure your boyfriend will be highly appreciative of your support when its all over and he gets a few decent meals in him
    Thanks so much! Iv been sleepless panicking that it's me that's the problem!
    You have deffinately reassured me feeling much happier! We had a chat but he got a bit stressed that's why i posted!
    Thanks again for your help and all the best in your comp!!

toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000) toriidavis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly, this is a short period of him focusing on him and what he needs to do right now. You're going to have to deal and take the back burner for a little longer but after the competition, he's yours again. He has a passion for he does and whatever is important to you, he may have to learn to take the backseat for a bit, too. You both have to indulge and dedicate yourself to something you have control over every once in awhile. When you constantly put your partner first, you can lose sight of your own livelihood causing you to slack in what you enjoy personally and what may be your source of income. Voice your feelings to him so that he is aware but keep your understanding mind open. To some people, it sucks to hear that they may not come first all of the time from their loved one but to others it's nice to know that you have a dedicated, independent partner.

Just my take on it.
    STFU AND LIFT
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights." Ronnie Coleman

Originally Posted by toriidavis View Post
    Honestly, this is a short period of him focusing on him and what he needs to do right now. You're going to have to deal and take the back burner for a little longer but after the competition, he's yours again. He has a passion for he does and whatever is important to you, he may have to learn to take the backseat for a bit, too. You both have to indulge and dedicate yourself to something you have control over every once in awhile. When you constantly put your partner first, you can lose sight of your own livelihood causing you to slack in what you enjoy personally and what may be your source ofM income. Voice your feelings to him so that he is aware but keep your understanding mind open. To some people, it sucks to hear that they may not come first all of the time from their loved one but to others it's nice to know that you have a dedicated, independent partner.

Just my take on it.
    Yeah I completely agree with you! I'm so happy and proud of him! Just get a little dejected when I talk to him and get ignored or brushed off! I don't expect to be put first all the time, just wish that he didn't lose sight of me so often. I know it's not long, just neither of us knew what to expect. I love him to peices though and I want him to do the best he can and be the best he can and I'm willing to support him all the way.
    Last edited by HeidiHearts; 09-11-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Awful spelling

Registered User princesspeachy9's Avatar
    princesspeachy9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is tough being in a relationship with a guy who is prepping for a comp, but at the end of the day its caloric deficit and loss of energy that is causing him to be this way. He hasn't lost interest in you, he has lost interest in everything outside what he needs to do to get through to comp and do his best. If he is 4 days out, he probably is looking forward to his first post comp meal more than anything (which is something you should be looking forward to as well because he will start to come back). I agree with toriidavis that you need to voice your feelings to him, but don't be surprised if he is a bit agitated. If you had be focusing on lifting, cardio, diet and posing for months, you'd be cranky too

Support him as much as you can and be positive about the whole competition. If you can help him out with his comp prep (might be a bit late to do most of it now) and on the day, he will be really grateful and he knows what you are putting up with.

Good luck and just remember you should have him back within the next week!

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is my second contest prep with my girlfriend and I learned alot last time. Yes I do apologize alot but I have learned time management and communicated with her so we can do some social things. I have also bought her flowers and a card randomly to say thank you and I will do that again this week. Sex life has gone away but its more because our schedules have become so hectic. We are strong enough to know this only makes us better and having her support during my rough days is worth so much to me. I am moody, tired, lethargic and occupied with the sport but she also appreciates the fact that I can be so dedicated to something. My dedication to our relationship gets that same devotion. Try to be understanding and explain from time to time if you need something. You may not get it that moment but you will eventually.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Second prep here as well. My mood swings have been insane. I'm on a zero carb/high fat diet and it served me well for 28 weeks, but i have 6 more weeks to go and things have changed. My libido used to be through the roof for a week and other times it was the exact opposite, but now it's even more hectic. It changes several times daily and i also get very heavily depressed and lethargic.

On the other hand though my family is happy that now that i am doing 50 minutes of cardio i don't have the energy to snap at them lol.
    lófasz

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My wife is not a fan of prep. Since we have been through it several times, she sees how I bounce back quite quickly and she supports me knowing that its a hormonal shift causing the prob.....and its nothing more. But yea.....the last couple of months are pretty hard.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Smile

Thank you so much everyone, you have been so helpful! I deff feel more comfortable with prep time and knowing everything will go back to normal. I can't thank you enough

Chin up and stop crying. Zachary533's Avatar
    Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000) Zachary533 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HeidiHearts View Post
    Thank you so much everyone, you have been so helpful! I deff feel more comfortable with prep time and knowing everything will go back to normal. I can't thank you enough
    You have the same name as my girlfriend and similar stats.

Mind= blown.
    *Advanced 5/3/1 lifts, aiming for Elite*

KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ashthorn View Post

Great post!

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HeidiHearts View Post
    Hey everyone! This is my first post so not sure if it's in the right category!
    Was just wondering if anyone either is dating a pre contest bb or is pre contest with a partner.
    The main issue I have is my boyfriend is four days out from his first comp! He's doing so well and I'm really proud of him but... I feel like he's had no interest in me for the past few weeks! I don't see him untill bed, no time to talk don't ever get a kiss or a hug it even feels like he's too busy to tell me he loves me. We have been together almost two years and he has never been like this before. I guess I just wanna know if anyone has experienced this?? He's sure it's like pre contest and it will go away but I can't help but worry!
    Sorry for late reply, but this post caught my attention! I'm 13 weeks out from my first competition and my girlfriend goes through this with me too; it can be tough to act happy and calm when you're eating the same foods every day, in a caloric defecit. I'm pretty quick to get frustrated and just the fact that I'm never really happy, like the first reply said, is enough to make my girlfriend feel the same way. But we talk things out and she understands and is very supportive!

I hope this helped
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=