melpot1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Help me lose weight, I'm not losing anymore!!

Hi, I'm a single mom of one. She is now almost 12 years old and I am still carrying the weight I gained from my pregnancy which was 85lbs and gained 15 more pounds from poor eating habits and stress . I've managed to lose 55lbs but need another 45lbs off. I go to the gym 4 days a week with weight training and some cardio, and eat a very balanced diet but I seem to now have plateaued. Please help me to get the rest of my weight off. Took me 6 months to take off the 55lbs, would like the rest off in the next year.

defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First of all, well done on losing 55 pounds! How hard are you working on cardio? You could try and change up your routines a bit. I find I get bored ****less just running on the treadmill for 45 mins, so I developed my own little mini-triathlon routine.

ROW - 1.5 kms
    BIKE - 5 kms
    RUN - 3 kms.

Taking me a total of 30 mins to complete (and burning between 350 - 600 cals) and you alternate between the machines it seems between 5 - 10 mins, keeping it not so boring. Once you have your target time, keep trying to beat it. That is what my cardio routine is and I do it 3 times per week. Feel free to give it a try and see how you like it.

Derek

aquaninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aquaninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aquaninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aquaninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aquaninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aquaninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would try to first look at what you are eating... Specifically just making sure you are getting higher amounts of protein, a appropriate amount of carbs, and a bit of fats in your diet. You really don't need to calories as much as keep track of your macronutrients and don't go overboard and pig out.
    As for workouts. Try hiit. It's a great way to get a good afterburn effect, and has been shown to be a outstanding way to cut fat. I try to do hiit 2 days a week, and a moderate pace cardio session 1 day per week. It's worked great for me so far.
    Hope this helps. Good luck.

AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP4MVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat less. move more!

freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freeybd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great progress, read more regarding zig zagging diet and workout wise.

gl

Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Melpot, Here's a link to a workout that's becoming very popular lately because it works: http://healthybodyguru.com/insanity-workout-calendar/. It's called "Insanity", but don't let it scare you away until you check it out. It's working for many ppl right now, and no weights are involved.

Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Defyant, This looks like a great way to mix up the cardio workout and stay focused. Yeah, 45 mins alone on a treadmill is just too monotonous unless you have a TV with a good show or two to watch while running. Thanks.

Freeybd has a good suggestion regarding the zig-zag cardio diet. It's also called carb cycling, and is recommended by Chris Powell, a leading fitness trainer.