Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bench vs Dumbbells / Incline v Flat

Iv been hearing so much random **** about what is the best to develope a nice chest, personally iv got a lagging upper chest, so im trying to work on inclines the most, even tho it probebly wont make a difference, since u "cant" target different areas of your chest, the lower part of my chest has "alot" of mass compared to my upper

Would appriciate if some veterans/experienced guy's could give me their 2 cents on wich exercises & if inc/flat really makes a difference

my current chest routine looks like this:

3 sets incline dumbbell press
    3 sets flat dumbbell press
    3 sets incline barbell press
    3 sets of incline cable flies

Cheers!

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50) samcorin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Frame2Big View Post
    Iv been hearing so much random **** about what is the best to develope a nice chest, personally iv got a lagging upper chest, so im trying to work on inclines the most, even tho it probebly wont make a difference, since u "cant" target different areas of your chest, the lower part of my chest has "alot" of mass compared to my upper

Would appriciate if some veterans/experienced guy's could give me their 2 cents on wich exercises & if inc/flat really makes a difference

my current chest routine looks like this:

Cheers!
    They say guillotine presses are really good for targeting the upper chest. If I was in your position, I would just keep the same routine and bulk up until my upper chest catches up to my lower.
    Friday 12th October
    Bench press - Rep max: 145 lbs
    Military press - Rep max: ???
    Close grip bench press - Rep max: 154 lbs
    Squats - Rep max: 205 lbs
    Bent over barbell rows - Rep max: ???
    Deadlifts - Rep max: ???

NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ya i mean exercises look good. do you have one of those hammer strength incline presses at your gym? we have one at mine and i feel it hits my upper chest a lot better then doing incline db press.

Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Frame2Big has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by NP603 View Post
    ya i mean exercises look good. do you have one of those hammer strength incline presses at your gym? we have one at mine and i feel it hits my upper chest a lot better then doing incline db press.
    Ye but im too tall for it, cant get low enough on the seat to get the right angle :/

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think using both is the best way to go. some weeks start with barbell and go heavy. other weeks start with dummbbell and focus on form

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Iv been hearing so much random **** about what is the best to develope a nice chest, personally iv got a lagging upper chest, so im trying to work on inclines the most, even tho it probebly wont make a difference, since u "cant" target different areas of your chest,
    Yes you can. The pectorialis major has two heads, the clavicular head and the sternal head. Incline emphasizes clavicular and flat/decline emphasizes sternal. Whether you can target the outer or inner chest remains unresolved but you most certainly can target the upper and lower chest.

Cheers!
    IMO... Pick one flat exercise, and one incline exercise... but do it twice a week.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NP603 View Post
    do you have one of those hammer strength incline presses at your gym?
    HS makes some of the best equipment out there, and this one may be at the top. Always a part of my routines.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    Yes you can. The pectorialis major has two heads, the clavicular head and the sternal head. Incline emphasizes clavicular and flat/decline emphasizes sternal. Whether you can target the outer or inner chest remains unresolved but you most certainly can target the upper and lower chest.

IMO... Pick one flat exercise, and one incline exercise... but do it twice a week.
    oh i see, so how would u structure chest 2 days /w ?

shud i do heavy lifting on both ? and alternate excersise ?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

My approach is one heavy day (M) and one lighter day (Th). Slightly different movements on each day.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Barbell Bench is an overall upper body power exercise that stimulates the pecs,deltoids,and triceps. It should be the staple and backbone of all your chest training sessions. This should be your primary power movement.

Dumbbell bench is better for chest isolation due to the increase in Humerus Adduction, which is the primary function of the pectoral muscles. The amount of humerus adduction is limited on only Barbell Bench - thus you should include both barbells and dumbbells. This should be your primary hypertrophy emphasized movement.

Flye's will further isolate the pec as you will no longer be doing a press which recruits more deltoids and triceps, but rather doing complete humerus adduction when your arms cross your body. This will help to finish off the chest and isolate it in one of the most effective means possible, since you are literally performing the exact function the pectorals were designed to do. This is your main isolation exercise.

Incline training will help activate more muscle fibers in the clavicular region of the pectorals, and emphasize the "Upper pec area" more. You should have an Incline movement be a staple movement in every training session.

A basic, simple, effective Chest routine that can be performed twice a week for a serious bodybuilder :

Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-8 (Main Power Emphasized Movement)
    Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x8-10 (Main Hypertrophy Emphasized Movement)
    Dumbbell Flye 3x10-12 (Main Isolation Movement)
    Dips 3x12-15 (Accessory Movement)
    * Cable Crossovers performed every third session for 3 sets *

I learned this from one of the great Mr.Olympia's, and believe you can do well with it too.

charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with the guy saying you should incorporate flat BB bench.. your workout should look kinda like this

Flat Barbell Bench - 4 sets of 5
    Incline Dumbbell Bench - 3 sets of 8 to 10
    Pec-Dec Flyes - 3 sets of 10 to 12
    Push-ups elevated feet (weighted vest if possible) - 3 sets to failure

You can even throw in some Decline Barbell Bench - 3 sets of 6 to 8 or replace Pec-Dec Flyes with DB Flyes, I just find the Pec-Dec easier on your shoulders..
    Gym PR's

Squat - 325lbs

Bench - 225lbs paused

Deadlift - 405lbs x 3

Originally Posted by DerekEt View Post
    Barbell Bench is an overall upper body power exercise that stimulates the pecs,deltoids,and triceps. It should be the staple and backbone of all your chest training sessions. This should be your primary power movement.

Dumbbell bench is better for chest isolation due to the increase in Humerus Adduction, which is the primary function of the pectoral muscles. The amount of humerus adduction is limited on only Barbell Bench - thus you should include both barbells and dumbbells. This should be your primary hypertrophy emphasized movement.

Flye's will further isolate the pec as you will no longer be doing a press which recruits more deltoids and triceps, but rather doing complete humerus adduction when your arms cross your body. This will help to finish off the chest and isolate it in one of the most effective means possible, since you are literally performing the exact function the pectorals were designed to do. This is your main isolation exercise.

Incline training will help activate more muscle fibers in the clavicular region of the pectorals, and emphasize the "Upper pec area" more. You should have an Incline movement be a staple movement in every training session.

A basic, simple, effective Chest routine that can be performed twice a week for a serious bodybuilder :

Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-8 (Main Power Emphasized Movement)
    Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x8-10 (Main Hypertrophy Emphasized Movement)
    Dumbbell Flye 3x10-12 (Main Isolation Movement)
    Dips 3x12-15 (Accessory Movement)
    * Cable Crossovers performed every third session for 3 sets *

I learned this from one of the great Mr.Olympia's, and believe you can do well with it too.
    Very interesting read! only problem would be the dips, probebly wont be able to do more than 6 after all the other excerises

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Then do them assisted, and start getting stronger.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    My approach is one heavy day (M) and one lighter day (Th). Slightly different movements on each day.
    Do this. Alternatively, do flat bench relatively heavy (5-7 reps) followed by lighter incline for maybe 8-10 reps.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723