Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Your new year's nutrition resolutions 2013 ?

Hey guys! I think a lot of you are getting ready to hit the year 2013 with new fitness ideas & goals. Of course this applies to our diets as well.

I've been recently convincing myself that carbs are not my enemy & I'm gradually moving from extreme low-carb to IIFYM, which will become my new lifestyle for the upcoming year. Change is good!

Share with us your new year's nutrition resolutions 2013!

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you mean "switching from low carb to IIFYM"??

Also there's still 3 weeks left in December... Bit early ain't it

darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkcloudcover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    What do you mean "switching from low carb to IIFYM"??

Also there's still 3 weeks left in December... Bit early ain't it
    Well I've been on keto for 3 years. Been gradually introducing carbs back into my diet, and looking forward to be on a 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat, starting January. During those 3 weeks left in December, I'm just considering it as a transition phase, since I'm still having negative effects from the carbs since breaking Keto, I can't jump right away on a 40% carb diet.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by darkcloudcover View Post
    looking forward to be on a 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat, starting January.
    Perhaps your resolutions should including leaning the basics about nutrition, as using ratios to determine macronutrient intake is a bad idea.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I've been on keto for 3 years. Been gradually introducing carbs back into my diet, and looking forward to be on a 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat, starting January. During those 3 weeks left in December, I'm just considering it as a transition phase, since I'm still having negative effects from the carbs since breaking Keto, I can't jump right away on a 40% carb diet.
    As much as I hate the stupid acronym, in what way were you not doing "IIFYM" before, but will be now?

Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spawp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bulking up to 175 and dieting down to a shredded ~160 by may 1st 2013. I'm starting the bulk sometime mid-January.

As much as I hate the stupid acronym, in what way were you not doing "IIFYM" before, but will be now?
    I did not count calories nor macros before (just dropped the carbs). But now I will start counting & tracking everything.

Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cut less aggressively and be more willing to fit different foods into my macros.
    iSatori MAXON Powerbuilding Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168656293

Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miickk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Grow. Like. Mad.
    timetoshred.jpg

I did not count calories nor macros before (just dropped the carbs). But now I will start counting & tracking everything.
    I see. So you weren't necessarily doing the traditional high fat keto (65/30/5 60/35/5 etc)

Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zerste will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Spawp View Post
    Bulking up to 175 and dieting down to a shredded ~160 by may 1st 2013. I'm starting the bulk sometime mid-January.
    You're giving yourself less than 4 months to gain 25 lbs and lose 15? That won't end very well.

I see. So you weren't necessarily doing the traditional high fat keto (65/30/5 60/35/5 etc)
    Not at all, just learned of these proportions. I ate till satiety without knowing how much. Even during vacation & holidays with family I rarely had any carbs, went only for protein & fat on the table. Never used supplements, didn't do a second of cardio and had OK results in terms of muscle gain & fat loss.

Not at all, just learned of these proportions. I ate till satiety without knowing how much. Even during vacation & holidays with family I rarely had any carbs, went only for protein & fat on the table. Never used supplements, didn't do a second of cardio and had OK results in terms of muscle gain & fat loss.
    At the same time?

KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gym/body wise:
    Clean bulk for 7-8 months, add thickness to lower abs, focus on triceps and rear delts as lagging body parts.

Don't go above 12-14% BF in the process, then cut down to 6-8% by summer.

Diet wise:
    Have an enjoyable off-season, eat foods i enjoy and don't go overboard during my bulk

Diet for a maximum of 14-16 weeks next year to achieve 6-8% BF. All my cuts have been 18+ weeks due to being a higher BF%....hopefully never again!
    ★★★ I was part of Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    No Fap October 2012 COMPLETED!
    Misc Persian Crew
    -->>MMC<<--
    Dorian Yates training = The only way to train!
    M4L Krew Representing!~
    RIP - Az "Zyzz" Sergeyevich :( , The god has fallen, but the legend lives on! <3

At the same time?
    Well yes, kind of. I don't know if these 2 processes were happening at the exact same time minute by minute, but I can definitely confirm that year after year I was noticing growth while getting leaner (without bulking or cutting).

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At the same time?
    Don't you remember this guy from this thread?

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Don't you remember this guy from this thread?
    Oh him...

Originally Posted by KouRon View Post
    Don't go above 12-14% BF in the process
    Good plan! There is no need to get fat in order to build quality muscle, plus staying in pretty much good shape all year round is the way to go.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Don't you remember this guy from this thread?[/B][/url]
    You have a good memory

boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) boobiesboobies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Get fit/gain muscle before joining the Marines!
    yipee

Originally Posted by boobiesboobies View Post
    Get fit/gain muscle before joining the Marines!
    yipee
    Sounds great. Good luck man!

Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nexxus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    - get shredded as ****
    - make 2013 WAY better than 2012 cuz 2012 SUCKED!
    Training with Osteolysis and a gigantic ganglion cyst... One day I will surgery, but not today...

AsianBBCGenetics

Originally Posted by Nexxus View Post
    - get shredded as ****
    - make 2013 WAY better than 2012 cuz 2012 SUCKED!
    You're in great shape man! Bon courage

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nutrition goals for 2013 include consuming enough calories to gain 30 lbs.

Also, enjoying myself while I do it.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000) cldillmann1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Spawp View Post
    you plan to do that in 5 months? Good luck... 25 pounds gained in 5 months is a good starting point about 1/lb a week. I have been bulking since last august and went from 172-189... you ll need time to cut up .... you need to chose one or the other and take your time.
    Is wine not an essential macro?

Huge avi *******

"The gears will spin and the wheels they’ll turn. As long as I give my fire fuel to burn."

HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulk to 210 cut to 190. Bulk to 230 then be cut at 210. That's my resolution for next year and the years to come
    I help people get certified as a personal trainer and build fitness businesses.

russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I plan to finish my cut strong and drop 15-20 lbs by the end of april and get down to the low 190's. After that I would like to bulk up to the low 200's by the end of 2013.

When you guys bulk, do you go over 12% bodyfat? How about staying fairly lean all year round and put on muscle slowly without getting fat?

Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get shredded at 170 (currently 185).
    My story:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160403891

Nutrition and debunked myths for noobies:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155909423

Live above the influence & hit your macros

IG: @BadnEvil

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    When you guys bulk, do you go over 12% bodyfat? How about staying fairly lean all year round and put on muscle slowly without getting fat?
    I do, but thats my personal choice.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.