BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy Struggling to get motivated again. HELP/SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

So basically I've had a string of "bad health" which started with a Hernia OP 14 months ago and a re-occuring upper back injury.
    Prior to the op, I was training up to 5 days a week for a few months and had cut down to about 8% bf and had a pretty clean diet.
    My job requires me to be pretty healthy/fit overall but I have lost my spark for the gym and my diet is out the window.
    Im starting to get back into it REALLY slowly but I am finding it alot harder without my training partner(gone to another gym).

I was wondering what you guys felt was the best form of motivation to get you back into/keep you going at the gym?
    Find a new training partner??
    Check out motivational pics/vidoes??
    Make a motivating music playlist for my workouts??

Struggling here brahs,

angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pics n vids work for me + stimulant preworkout supp
    Kid on the gym sees you working out your shoulders ...
    Asks "How much can you bench?" 0_O

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Long term motivation - think about how fat and physically worthless I used to be. Then I think about how much I like being me these day and how much easier things are mentally, emotionally, and physically thanks to all the long hours and hard work I've put into weightlifting. I mention all those things because training makes you develop more than just physically.

Short term motivation - Coffee
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kptran21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Theres a million things you can do for day to day motivation. I find videos, photos, and quotes are just for amusement and guilt people into doing things they really don't want to do. It has to come from within. Health and fitness shouldn't be hobby, it needs to be a part of your life. Enjoy what you do and you won't need motivation. Just strive to be the best person you can be; that includes seeking internal happiness, improving your relationships, fulfilling goals. I think you are just still mentally down about the operation slowing you down. Dig deep and find that passion or spark. I guarantee you its still there.

My advice may be vague, but I don't have any quick fix for you. good luck brah!

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    set goals. write them down. believe in them and achieve them. i think when you're in a rut it seems like everything's going to keep going bad and there's nothing you can do about it and on and on. if you stop and take the time to write down all the things you CAN do and goals you CAN set - you begin to realize there's still a lot to be motivated about.

one example - layne norton tore his pec and instead of feeling sorry for himself he used the upper body down time to really attack his legs and bring them up. always something that you can be doing to better yourself always. set up a plan man! you got this......
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000) BlackBeltBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    So I finally got around to setting up a workout plan/long term goals.
    Managed to stick to the plan for the last 5 days feelsgoodman.jpg

Also got a few mates together for group training which is working pretty well so far.

Haven't felt this good/relaxed in a while.
    I forgot how good workouts are for helping me release stress.

Thanks for the help guys! (would rep you all if i had any reps)

mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikel1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BlackBeltBrah View Post
    So I finally got around to setting up a workout plan/long term goals.
    Managed to stick to the plan for the last 5 days feelsgoodman.jpg

Also got a few mates together for group training which is working pretty well so far.

Haven't felt this good/relaxed in a while.
    I forgot how good workouts are for helping me release stress.

Thanks for the help guys! (would rep you all if i had any reps)
    Good luck brah, partners keep you accountable and really push you more than you will push yourself. You got this!!

bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnoble01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    motivation for me is a memory; I remember a time were my friend got smashed from 6 guys and I did nothing as fear came upon me.

Semagt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BlackBeltBrah View Post
    So basically I've had a string of "bad health" which started with a Hernia OP 14 months ago and a re-occuring upper back injury.
    Prior to the op, I was training up to 5 days a week for a few months and had cut down to about 8% bf and had a pretty clean diet.
    My job requires me to be pretty healthy/fit overall but I have lost my spark for the gym and my diet is out the window.
    Im starting to get back into it REALLY slowly but I am finding it alot harder without my training partner(gone to another gym).

I was wondering what you guys felt was the best form of motivation to get you back into/keep you going at the gym?
    Find a new training partner??
    Check out motivational pics/vidoes??
    Make a motivating music playlist for my workouts??

Struggling here brahs,

Well i dont have a great body and not near to have one but i still stay motivated u may ask how n why ? because i know that if i keep on working hard i will get results one day and i never compare my self to others

Semagt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bnoble01 View Post
    motivation for me is a memory; I remember a time were my friend got smashed from 6 guys and I did nothing as fear came upon me.
    Same here man my friend got jumped by 5 guys and all i did was ran to help him then when the guys came to me i run and again when i was alone 3 guys came and hit me i didnt have the guts to strike back and i regret it i REALLY REALLY REALLY feel mad inside me why i didnt do anything!!!

Originally Posted by mikel1975 View Post
    Good luck brah, partners keep you accountable and really push you more than you will push yourself. You got this!!
    Yeah they have helped me a great deal in the past. I know that with this group we wont let each other slack off or give.up.

Originally Posted by Semagt View Post
    Same here man my friend got jumped by 5 guys and all i did was ran to help him then when the guys came to me i run and again when i was alone 3 guys came and hit me i didnt have the guts to strike back and i regret it i REALLY REALLY REALLY feel mad inside me why i didnt do anything!!!
    You guys would be amazed at what can happen in these sorts of situations even with appropriate training. As a self.defense instructor, i can tell you guys, sometimes it is best to run. Ive seen what can happen on both the good side & bad side of trying to take on a group of attackers especially when everyones adrenaline is running high.

Stay safe brahs. take up self.defense classes.

Registered User tazmaniandevl19's Avatar
    tazmaniandevl19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tazmaniandevl19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tazmaniandevl19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tazmaniandevl19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tazmaniandevl19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tazmaniandevl19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Ugh thats horrible!