thedeejay6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Endomorph Advice - My Success but Failures.

Hi there everyone. This is my first day and first post but I especially made this to get some advice. My story: Ever since being 14 I was obese, had a BMI of over 30 and at one point (when I was 16) I decided to change. The intial year I dropped to about 140, was skinny as hell but weird thing was I still had a stomach a bit. Wasn't really dieting that much just crazy cardio and working out. I met this other guy who was my size and jacked so then I said, forget this and I fell in love with body building. Long story short, I've managed to gain weight, even to a point where I currently stand at 180lbs but 20% BF. I have hardly any bodyfat on my upper body, my arms are of decent size 14.5 - going for bigger in the future obviously but i STILL have the stomach. I recently started "cutting" because I was tired of my stomach once and for all and I need your help!

My routine:
    Monday: Legs
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wednesday: Cardio (30 min x low intensity)
    Thursday: Back
    Friday: Arms
    Saturday: Shoulders
    Sunday: Off

My diet:

Keep in mind that I have a food scale and measuring cups so this is exact to the tee. Daily caloric intake tracked via MyFitnessPal

Meal 1: 1.5 scoop ON Shake, 2 rice cakes
    Meal 2: 100g 2% milk in Tea, with 2 splenda
    Meal 3: 200g chicken breast with 2 rice cakes
    Meal 4: Protein Shake 1.5 scoop ON
    Workout
    Meal 5: Post Workout - 1 cup Brown Rice with 200g chicken breast
    Meal 6: Protein Shake 1.5 scoop with 100g 2% milk in tea
    Meal 7: Protein shake 1.5 scoop with 100g 2% milk in tea

Daily Caloric Intake: Protein 214g, Carbs 129g with 30g sugar from Milk only, 23g fat
    Total Caloric Intake: 1800kcal/day

Now although I follow this this is how my cheat days work. Because I'm in such a low cal diet, my cheat day is the whole day of eat anything I want. I keep it limited in the sense that no fried foods no fries and KFC and stuff like that but I eat stuff like Subway, Chinese and what not. Cardio is 1x a week because I'm scared of losing muscle but I still have a stomach. I don't get it, my diet is pretty clean, what's going on?

Thank you all for your responses,

Cheers.
    DJ

-oops I thought my other thread didn't post in another section, weird. Delete this one as it's duplicate if needed. Thanks
    Last edited by thedeejay6; 12-09-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    However you want to do your diet is up to you, however I see alot of protein shakes and only 2 meals with whole foods. Personally I'd much more enjoy a meal with the same calorie value as the shake.
    Cardio once a day won't lose muscle. I'm also an endomorph and I find if I do moderate cardio 3-4 days a week and HIIT 1-2 days a week I can keep my gains and drop some bodyfat.

thedeejay6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Drangue View Post
    However you want to do your diet is up to you, however I see alot of protein shakes and only 2 meals with whole foods. Personally I'd much more enjoy a meal with the same calorie value as the shake.
    Cardio once a day won't lose muscle. I'm also an endomorph and I find if I do moderate cardio 3-4 days a week and HIIT 1-2 days a week I can keep my gains and drop some bodyfat.
    Sorry, I meant 1x a week - should I up that, how are your losses for fat?

Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Drangue has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well when I cut next ( in 1 months time) I usually hit a 200 cal deficit for the day and increase cardio. HIIT preserves muscle mass, i'd be getting into that if I were you