Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any shot at D1 football?

I am currently a sophomore in college. I played my freshman year of college at a small NAIA school, but had to leave. Took the year off of football and am now looking to transfer to a Division 1 school.
    I am 6 foot and weigh 240
    I played Middle Backer in college as well as highschool
    I run a 4.8 40
    Can bench 225 19 times
    Squat 455 parallel
    Power Clean 225 20 times

Do I have a shot?
    Any input would be appreciated

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We don't know. The only way you can find out is going out there and giving it a shot. No one can determine what you will become based on your 40, bench, squat, height and weight. Get in contact with the coaches and ask them how they handle the whole walkon process.

NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewlyImproved is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5/10 troll rating

PC 225 20 times? Yea okay. In for world record @240lbs.
    "The process is the goal"

Current PR's
    Bench: 240
    Squat: 385
    Dead Lift: 390
    Mile:4:26
    5K: 15:18

Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaybuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NewlyImproved View Post
    5/10 troll rating

PC 225 20 times? Yea okay. In for world record @240lbs.
    Not kidding man. Took a lot of training.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most people who play their freshmen year at a NAIA school go on to dominate Division I. Or its the other way around, I forget.

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    man you can do anything you put your mind too... I only played 3 years of football in my whole life, and I am now a free agent but have played arena football and competed against D1 players in mutilple combines... it is more will than stats
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    man you can do anything you put your mind too... I only played 3 years of football in my whole life, and I am now a free agent but have played arena football and competed against D1 players in mutilple combines... it is more will than stats
    arena football free agent? You can make more money at Walmart . . .

LhsLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently a freshmen currently playing at one of the top NAIA Schools. Our team is made up of a lot of transfers, it's almost like a juco. A lot of D1 and D2 transfers come because they just don't like it, and a lot transfer out because they want to play at a higher level. Strength matters but only to a certain degree, genetics matter a lot, and there's nothing you can do about that. Because any decent program is going to bulk you up but they cant make you taller/ What matters as if you can read the play, watch it progress and know where to be, break up blocks to make tackles, anticipate what your opponent is going to do etc, and that's what D1 programs are going to look for. Your squat seems really low for a linebacker, I squat 540 as a TE/DE. I would work on your speed, agi, and explosiveness, especially of your hips. Just remember Any given day and dog can win.

lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jaybuel View Post
    I am currently a sophomore in college. I played my freshman year of college at a small NAIA school, but had to leave. Took the year off of football and am now looking to transfer to a Division 1 school.
    I am 6 foot and weigh 240
    I played Middle Backer in college as well as highschool
    I run a 4.8 40
    Can bench 225 19 times
    Squat 455 parallel
    Power Clean 225 20 times

Do I have a shot?
    Any input would be appreciated
    Stats don't show skill. Go try out and find out for yourself. /thread