Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User Joshhh23's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Location: State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Joshhh23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Joshhh23 is offline

    Arrow Lifting weights does not stunt your growth!

    Weight lifting/physical fitness WILL NOT, CAN NOT, DOES NOT stunt your growth!!!!

    In fact is has been scientifically proven that proper weight training can stimulate the pituitary gland to produce more Growth Hormone (GH), which may have a positive affect on someones overall height. Also, persons who are into weightlifting and physical fitness tend to take better care of themselves, which can allow their body to maximize its overall height potential.


    Only 3 things can change or "stunt" normal human growth:

    Malnutrition

    Disease

    Excessive, Chronic Drug Use

    Massive injury to an individuals spinal cord may affect their overall height, but the body would still "grow" to its predetermined height and size. So even a weightlifting injury would not "stunt" growth.


    Was just making this clear!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    T.U.L.I.P. Tb0282's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Stats: 5'9", 170 lbs
    Posts: 7,686
    Rep Power: 4643
    Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tb0282 is offline
    This is new and exciting.



    All seriousness though, good post, but theres been a butt ton of threads on this topic. Could've posted that in one of those threads.
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

    Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

    Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User jz416's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Canada
    Age: 19
    Stats: 6'0", 195 lbs
    Posts: 3,023
    Rep Power: 1223
    jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000)
    jz416 is offline
    Originally Posted by Joshhh23 View Post
    Weight lifting/physical fitness WILL NOT, CAN NOT, DOES NOT stunt your growth!!!!

    In fact is has been scientifically proven that proper weight training can stimulate the pituitary gland to produce more Growth Hormone (GH), which may have a positive affect on someones overall height. Also, persons who are into weightlifting and physical fitness tend to take better care of themselves, which can allow their body to maximize its overall height potential.


    Only 3 things can change or "stunt" normal human growth:

    Malnutrition

    Disease

    Excessive, Chronic Drug Use

    Massive injury to an individuals spinal cord may affect their overall height, but the body would still "grow" to its predetermined height and size. So even a weightlifting injury would not "stunt" growth.


    Was just making this clear!
    Any sport, Including weightlifting theoretically can cause a growth plate injury which would cause your growth plate to harden, stopping you from growing in that area, but lifting weights stunts your growt as much or less that football, soccer, basketball, skiing.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Borum's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: State / Province, Denmark
    Age: 21
    Stats: 6'3", 173 lbs
    Posts: 169
    Rep Power: 75
    Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Borum is offline
    Isn't this information already in a sticky, in this very section of the forums?
    Beginning on 3rd of December.
    191cm/6'3, 73 kg/160 pounds
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Joshhh23's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Location: State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Joshhh23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Joshhh23 is offline
    Originally Posted by jz416 View Post
    Any sport, Including weightlifting theoretically can cause a growth plate injury which would cause your growth plate to harden, stopping you from growing in that area, but lifting weights stunts your growt as much or less that football, soccer, basketball, skiing.
    Look at Jeff Seid, he started to lift weights when he was 12 years old and now he's over 6'ft!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Bicep of Peace Aaronza's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Barcelona, Spain
    Stats: 205 lbs
    Posts: 5,950
    Rep Power: 2609
    Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aaronza is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Aaronza is offline
    Originally Posted by Joshhh23 View Post
    Look at Jeff Seid, he started to lift weights when he was 12 years old and now he's over 6'ft!
    he always claim natural, lets believe everything he says!
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts