Stephcoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dumbell press limit?

Hey everyone! So about a month ago I decided to make a slight temporary change to my workout and stopped bench pressing and moved to dumbbell press instead.
    I have decided to start slowly at 3X10 35 pounds each hand and have added about 4 pounds every time I worked out my chest.
    Right now I'm at a point where I’m lifting 3X10 80 pounds each hand and I'm probably going to be 3X10 90 pounds in about a week
    My question to you is:
    1)when should I stop increasing the weight in this exercise?
    2)can too much weight cause injuries/affect growth?
    I feel like I can keep increasing weight but I don’t want to injure myself or slow down my growth...

Weight is:148 lb (67 KG)
    Height: 5'7(174 CM)
    I'm turning 17 In about a month if age matters..

Sorry for my bad English if something is not understandable ask and I’ll explain

all help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Stephcoach; 12-08-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Excluded details
    Bench - 225
    DBP - 85

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. You should never stop increasing the weight. Progressive overload is important for strength and mass gains
    2. As long as your form is good you will be injury free

You won't slow down the growth, thats absolutely absurd. Progressive overload (adding more weight) builds muscle
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    1. You should never stop increasing the weight. Progressive overload is important for strength and mass gains

You won't slow down the growth, thats absolutely absurd. Progressive overload (adding more weight) builds muscle
    This.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post

this.
    " a person's a person, no matter how small"- Dr Suess.

ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ConTroLFreaKK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Practice your form before going real heavy,
    ++ Always take shirt off before taking a chit Crew ++
    ++ Positivity Crew ++

lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dumbbell bench press is better that barbell bench press in my opinion. It works each pectoral muscle individually and it places less stress on your rotor cuff.

Don't stop increasing the weight.
    You always increase the weight.
    Keep your form good, and injury's won't be a problem.

Mikethewinner1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stephcoach View Post
    Hey everyone! So about a month ago I decided to make a slight temporary change to my workout and stopped bench pressing and moved to dumbbell press instead.
    I have decided to start slowly at 3X10 35 pounds each hand and have added about 4 pounds every time I worked out my chest.
    Right now I'm at a point where I’m lifting 3X10 80 pounds each hand and I'm probably going to be 3X10 90 pounds in about a week
    My question to you is:
    1)when should I stop increasing the weight in this exercise?
    2)can too much weight cause injuries/affect growth?
    I feel like I can keep increasing weight but I don’t want to injure myself or slow down my growth...

Weight is:148 lb (67 KG)
    Height: 5'7(174 CM)
    I'm turning 17 In about a month if age matters..

Sorry for my bad English if something is not understandable ask and I’ll explain

all help is appreciated!
    35s to 80s in a month wtf

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    keep proper form youll be fine.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr