Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Troy VTX Bumpers - READ BEFORE YOU BUY! $6000 in-depth review!

Background details:
    -$6000+ of bumpers purchased for school weight room use
    -A **** load started breaking apart within months (under warranty)
    -All bumpers were used on oly lifting platforms and only ever dropped from shoulder height
    -Troy will not honor their warranty because they believe the broken products are still "usable"
    -When inserts start falling off they still won't honor warranty, and instead point fingers
    -Troy VTX Bumpers are crappy

A review by Coach John Janecek of Longview HS, whose HS purchased $6000 of bumpers. The most in-depth review of the VTX's.

Fellow Strength Coaches,

I know if any of you had a bad experience with a piece of equipment and told me about it I'd be grateful, well here's mine...

I was hired in June 2011 at my high school as a fulltime strength coach. A brand new weightroom was built and outfitted with almost 200 Troy bumper plates for 24 platforms before I was hired.

As of today all 48 of the 25lb bumpers have eroded to the point that the metal insert is barely hanging on and about to come out AND 89 of 96 45lb bumpers are starting to have similar issues-I can move the metal insert in the 45's around with my fingers already-never had that happen in my 22 years of strength coaching.

I understand every 2-3 years having to replace a few 25's but ALL of them in 10-12 months?? AND 35's/45's too...?

After 5 emails to a Troy rep starting last month, sending a video, making an exact count of every bumper during the past month I was told this:

Good morning John,

I would like to thank you for being helpful and providing all the
    necessary information to move this claim along.

After extensive communication with our sales and quality departments, we
    have come to a consensus.

A loose insert on a bumper plate does not constitute failure of the
    product as the product remains functional in the manner as intended and
    has not failed per the terms of the warranty. The plates have degraded
    through continued use, but are still functional and capable of usage in
    the way they were intended.

Unfortunately, I cannot issue credit or replacements for this warranty
    claim at this time. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

I hope you have a great day,

Jeannette Blood
    Claims Representative
    USA Sports & Troy Barbell

Collars are always used, I teach them to drop the bar straight to the platform, and they go to a 35 after the 25 has 10 extra lbs from metal plates on it.

Heres the video I sent them of my “functional plates”.

http://youtu.be/fC5kevwgZfM

Of course you’re free to buy whatever bumpers you choose but I know one bumper I'm never buying again. $15,000 is a little too much to spend for bumpers that only last a year in my opinion.

If you know of anyone thinking of bumper plates pass this along…

John Janecek
    Round two, no luck and they don't want to do anything.

We have handed it over to the people who wear nice suits and ties.....

Here's the last reply, since they said they are still ok I put two back out on the platforms and they broke out by the end of the day...

This sucks..

Strength coach at a school in Dallas told me (on my strength performance network page) they bought 22 sets from them and he's positive they sent him used plates when he bought new. He contacted them and they told him they would replace them but his school had to pay shipping and they couldn't afford it so they are stuck too....

Our Texas High School Coaches Association website has these guys on their products page for advertising, working on letting them know how they left us and our kids hanging and should they let other coaches know about it or let them advertise on their...

Out of my hands now, stacking broken bumpers by the wall daily...

Here's their reply:

I have sent all your information and documentation to my quality department for analysis.

I have been advised that USA Sports warranty for these plates does not cover the loosening of the center ring, only the complete falling out of the center ring is covered with issues of this nature. Unfortunately, I cannot issue a replacement for this warranty claim at this time. I apologize that there isn’t more I can do for you.

If you have any further questions regarding USA Sports warranty, please contact your sales rep who can better address your concerns.

Thank you,

Employee of the Month!
    Jeannette Blood
    Claims Representative
    USA Sports Inc/Troy Barbell
    Tel: 713.957.2882 x271 | Fax: 713.957.3577
    Toll Free: 800.USA.SPORTS (800.872.7767)

To everyone inquiring for more information or are tired of these VTX bashing posts... here's from the man himself, who unfortunately cannot comment since he has been banned:

Looks like most of them are on my side, not sure what I can tell the few that are complaining about me, I figured I'd get a few of those.....

Glenn knows me, Rip knows me, I still lift for Leo Totten and East Coast Gold as a masters olympic lifter...

Been strength coaching for 22 years now

Took the CSCS in 1996 and passed it, kept it till about 2002 before I let it run out. Kept my USAW club coach cert (1990) and moved up to Senior Level in 1997 when I met Leo Totten and started competing in olympic lifitng at age 29. I knew I was way past my "prime" but still am serious about competing and lift 3-4xweek mainly on the lifts and squats...

Best lifts are 112.5k snatch (1998 or 99 american open) , and 141k C+J at 2008 Texas state meet at age 42...Glenn Pendlay was actually at this meet and was back in the warmup room and suggested I take 141 for a PR attempt after I came back from my second attempt...

won Masters Nationals once and placed in the top 2-3 many times also...

The platforms I made have built at Longview are the same as I've built for 22 years now at various high schools,colleges, and my own garage (and my friends garage)...My bars at my school are all very low range basic texas type power bars or generic bars I can't even tell, they spin decent and are straight...None of my platforms has been damaged, all my bars that i started with are fine and still working and are straight, husker collars are working great, its just these Troy/VTX bumpers....

I'm not doing anything different I've done ANYWEHRE else for the past 22 years...

1990-91 Intern Asst Strength coach- University of Nebraska
    (Briefly worked in Hawaii managing a health club in betwen these)
    1992 Part time asst Strength coach-Vanderbilt Univ
    1992-94 - Head Strength Coach Tenn State Univ
    1994-99 - Head Strength Coach UAlbany NY
    1999 - Asst Strength Coach - SMU

2000-02(daughter was going into kindergarten so I got into teaching and ran the strength program wereever I was here in Texas)

2002-04 South Grand Prairie HS Texas - FB strength coach
    2004-11 Euless Trinity HS Texas - FB strength coach (3x state champ in Texas div 5A, won state or lost to state champ every year)

Started the kids olympic lifting in the junior highs and had 7th-9th grade kids doing snatches,cleans, C+J's all with you guessed it, cheaper rubber bumpers and dropping them everytime, from overhead or from shoulder ht. Was sending 9th graders to the high school that were cleaning 220-285, snatching 135-185, and front squatting 275-335lbs....

June 2011-present Longview HS Texas - fulltime strength coach for all sports

I've already started a similar program here with our middle school kids learning the olifts and dropping the bar once they have 25's on them...

The bumpers and all new wtroom equip in the video was bought right before I got there and I was handed the keys in June 2011. We noticed rubber pieces on the floor that summer but couldn't figure out where they were coming from and figured out later the bumpers were coming apart (the original set, the interlocking ones), mentioned it to our vendor but still didn't think it would get that bad till i made contact with the company in may 2012 and they said I missed the warranty by a few weeks, we argued for awhile and our vendor who said it wasn't right for them to do this to us replaced all our bumpers with these VTX's they ahd at the warehouse AT THEIR COST and told us if they start falling apart to tell him right away with in the year warranty. Made a claim three months in and put all the loose ones aside when Troy informed us they wouldn't do anything since they were still useable. We had no choice and put them back on the platforms and hoped they would last for the rest of the year and a couple months later we are up to 26 of the 44 that have completely fallen out. Troy says this is impossible and they are dragging their feet on it.....

I watch videos of Catylists athletes dropping the greens with no collars, glenn says in an article on olifitng to find a way to explode up with the bar then drop it, and Leo Totten has also adivsed me on this and told me this is the reason we have bumpers now and telling a smaller athlete that has just done a max snatch or C+J with the 25's (my smaller athletes or the girls etc) that they have to lower it slowly to their shoulders then set it gently on the ground is unsafe and I agree. I teach them to "control the bar" and guide it to the ground and about waist height before it jerks their arms out let it go so it bounces straight...

Played one year of football at Nebraska in 1984-85 before my last concussion, found out at that time the guys in the wtroom (Boyd Epley, Mike Arther, Randy Goebal) called "strength coaches" actually did that for a job and got paid, rest is history...After my last concussion i sat out of school for a year and worked then went to a smaller NAIA school in Nebraska and wreslted on scholarship for three years and finshed my degree in Fit Mgt. Went back to the U of Nebraska and worked under Boyd Epley in 1990 for my internship and have been doing it ever since...

I've had very few equipment issues in all my years of strength coaching, a few little things here nad there that need fixing or replacing and even these cheaper 25's I have been talking about usually need to be replaced in these settings about every 3-5 years...Not 3-5 months...

To those who don't like what i'm posting you don't have to read it, if you disagree and think I'm wrong let me know and I'll get you the number for Troy and feel free to buy as many of them as yo uwant....

I have these discussions with fellow strength coaches once in awhile and we always tell each other if there has been a problem with any equipment we have and if the company backed it, I would say most of us are a pretty tight knit group and I've never went past that but when this company did what they did to our kids who did nothing wrong I take it personally and am using my spare time to let everyone know...

Not sure what else to tell anyone, the choice is yours....

John Janecek
    Head Strength Coach
    Longview HS
    Longview Texas
    Last edited by Curlingrack; 12-09-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Squats - 315lb
    Bench - 225lb
    OHP - 165lb
    Deadlift - 355lb
    PC - 195lb
    Pull-ups - 24

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Curlingrack View Post

A review by Coach John Janecek of Longview HS, whose HS purchased $6000 of bumpers. The most in-depth review of the VTX's.
    As a "review", that is pretty lame.

Any equipment that is subjected to repetitive impacts will eventually fail.

The coach needs to provide some information regarding the usage of the equipment rather than just complaining that it failed.

For example, if the equipment failed after being dropped 10 times, he has cause for complaint.

However, if the equipment fails after being dropped 100,000 times, that might be considered the useful life of the product.

Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Curlingrack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    As a "review", that is pretty lame.

Any equipment that is subjected to repetitive impacts will eventually fail.

The coach needs to provide some information regarding the usage of the equipment rather than just complaining that it failed.

For example, if the equipment failed after being dropped 10 times, he has cause for complaint.

However, if the equipment fails after being dropped 100,000 times, that might be considered the useful life of the product.
    Bumpers were under a 1 year warranty which is not being met because of lack of customer service on Troy's part. No, these bumpers were not used long at all. They broke within months (under a year) and should qualify for warranty, especially since all the bumpers were used on oly lifting platforms and ONLY EVER DROPPED FROM SHOULDER HEIGHT. Tory has failed to replace these under warranty because, as they claim, it is still "usable". When the whole inserts started falling off (again, still within warranty) they accused Coach John of pulling those inserts out by hand. Here are the details:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post988131833
    Squats - 315lb
    Bench - 225lb
    OHP - 165lb
    Deadlift - 355lb
    PC - 195lb
    Pull-ups - 24

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    School should have bought some Hi Temps and built some more forgiving platforms if they were going to let the students drop the weight from full height. Guessing that their bars probably aren't straight anymore either.

giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giowuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can't buy cheapskate plates and expect them to perform like Eleiko plates. Had you bought Eleiko the plates and barbells would perform like brand new for 30 years.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Those platforms look a little insufficient, no? Isn't an Olympic platform normally at least two layers of crisscrossing plywood with the rubber layer on top. I've seen most commercial platform use up to something as thick as a metal base, crisscrossed wood usually of different varieties, rubber top layer, and a middle wood insert.

Something more like this:

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If this is within a year then I do see an issue. My main/preferred weights are VTX Interloc plates and I used to sell troy without any issues. I am surprised they are having these issues and not taking care of them. As for the platform, My bodysolid bumpers are holding up fine on nothing but a 5/8 mat over concrete. I would like all the details on time of video, date purchased etc before passing judgment though.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This problem with Troy VTX bumpers has already been documented in SS, CFit, Pendlay and other forums. It has been pointed out and brought into this forum back around June or July. I know that he received bad bumpers and Troys CS bites, I know this because I've had problems on other things with them and won't purchase from them ever again, but it's starting to beat a dead horse. I really don't see a need for this thread personally, but some othets might.

Giving a background on Janacek would probably have helped this thread, or better yet, him posting himself. Discussing what happened with you, OP, is a moot point since it's second hand.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    If this is within a year then I do see an issue. My main/preferred weights are VTX Interloc plates and I used to sell troy without any issues. I am surprised they are having these issues and not taking care of them. As for the platform, My bodysolid bumpers are holding up fine on nothing but a 5/8 mat over concrete. I would like all the details on time of video, date purchased etc before passing judgment though.
    There is definitely a real issue, since this happened within 6 months and has been well documented http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=31867&page=2 . He has trained people and in the past used Kraiburgs and Hi Temps for years without problems (why he didn't purchase either is another story). Besides the platforms are just fine, as they are 3/4" ply over a rubber flooring with 3/4" rubber on top.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My vtx bumper hubs dont look anything like theirs
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    I've read several good reviews and experiences with VTX bumpers. Yesterday I ordered a set of VTX from Rogue so fingers crossed (6 red 45s, 2 black 35s and 2 black 25s).

Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    They definitely look like they are from a different run and design than ones that Janacek has. Maybe later or earlier. My personal beef isn't with their products, as the bar I have is okay, but the way that their customer service treats customers after a purchase. I personally wouldn't purchase from them again, because there are too many good companies to purchase equipment from.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I bought mine used
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    Those platforms look a little insufficient, no? Isn't an Olympic platform normally at least two layers of crisscrossing plywood with the rubber layer on top. I've seen most commercial platform use up to something as thick as a metal base, crisscrossed wood usually of different varieties, rubber top layer, and a middle wood insert.
    The oly lifting platforms are sufficient and the design of it has been used by Coach John for all his coaching career, and never has his Kraiburgs or Hi-Tempts broke when being dropped on those platforms. A a matter of fact, I've been on Pendlay forum and Glenn Pendlay himself suggested this design, and I believe I remember him saying he himself has used this design before without a problem.
    Squats - 315lb
    Bench - 225lb
    OHP - 165lb
    Deadlift - 355lb
    PC - 195lb
    Pull-ups - 24

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I know that he received bad bumpers and Troys CS bites, I know this because I've had problems on other things with them and won't purchase from them ever again, but it's starting to beat a dead horse.

Giving a background on Janacek would probably have helped this thread, or better yet, him posting himself. Discussing what happened with you, OP, is a moot point since it's second hand.
    The guy is a busy man, I'm just helping spread the word. I nearly purchased 300lb of VTX myself, so I'm just trying to save others from this. Also, his bumpers are STILL under warranty so spreading the word about it before it expires is a good way to alert Troy. Beating the dead horse? I guess we should just not post about Troy gipping a school out of $6000+?? If a company is as shady as Troy, then there is no such thing as beating the dead horse, you do it till they change or till everyone knows.
    Squats - 315lb
    Bench - 225lb
    OHP - 165lb
    Deadlift - 355lb
    PC - 195lb
    Pull-ups - 24

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The purpose of this thread, and Coach Janecek's other threads posted in many other forums, is this: Buyers Beware. That's all. If you are Rockefeller and you gots lots of dough to burn on Troy garbage, then go right ahead. This is America, where we have choices.

It's bad enough that Troy products are falling apart; it's even worse that the company WILL NOT HONOR the warranty. It's all about principles, guys.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) labuski has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i for one was about to pull the trigger on some vtx's. i think i'll go with the pendlay's instead.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by labuski View Post
    i for one was about to pull the trigger on some vtx's. i think i'll go with the pendlay's instead.
    They're a bit more expensive but worth every penny. You wont be sorry.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Curlingrack is 100% correct those bumpers are trash. There giving him a hard time on replacing them and all he is saying is beware. By giving a product review he gets banned?

For all those inquiring more information or are hostile towards Coach John's campaign against Troy, I have posted his direct response in the OP. He himself cannot enter the discussion due to being banned. Look above at the first post, more than enough info, thank you.
    Squats - 315lb
    Bench - 225lb
    OHP - 165lb
    Deadlift - 355lb
    PC - 195lb
    Pull-ups - 24

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, those are pretty poor. Good luck to you OP, this sort of rubbish should be highlighted for all to see. If a company puts out a warranty- they should honour it.

I started a similar 'campaign' against York Fitness over here for the substandard plates they were selling. I know for a fact that it put a few people off as I recieved PMs on the issue, and the thread itself got a few thousand hits so its hopefully raised some awareness. Now my review comes up 1st pages on google results when I search common related keywords. BTW this is the thread; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=york+fitness My biggest regret is not taking better pics, but I think the last one tells a good story.

Hopefully you and others spreading the word will hit them in the pocket a little, even if you don't get your money back.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

[QUOTE=Curlingrack;990922323]The guy is a busy man, I'm just helping spread the word. QUOTE]

I see no problem with you posting this instead of Janacek, other than you CAN'T answer questions to him , only he can. BTW, Janacek hasn't had a problem finding time in the past to join in on a bunch of other forums.

I do not disagree with you, and I wouldn't ever buy Troy products again due to their customer service and warrantee backing on other problems I have known. But right now this is a he said/ she said discussion without the person that's being discussed involved. If he was banned from this site then that's different, but if so I would like to know why.

Also, I have no problem trashing Troy for their part of the problems, but at the same time you should also name the vendor that supplied these to Longview and whether they have done anything either. I know if the vendor had been Rogue w/Troy products, Rogue would have taken care of the problem and never used Troy again. Big vendors not purchasing from Troy will hurt them more than individual purchasers.
    Last edited by twodog; 12-09-2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added vendor part

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisJones999 View Post
    Curlingrack is 100% correct those bumpers are trash. There giving him a hard time on replacing them and all he is saying is beware. By giving a product review he gets banned?
    Coach Janacek has valid points. He's articulated them publicly and he has a known reputation. On the other hand, a 19-year old kid shows up post a thread claiming an "in-depth" interview" and then posts a lengthy, but not in-depth, quote from Janacek. It's bush-league, it's high-school, it's whiney. And because of it, he's going get a hard time. There was a better way of sharing this information on the workout equipment page.

OP, where can you show me where Coach Janacek ("johnjanacek"?) was banned?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=twodog;991225743]
    The guy is a busy man, I'm just helping spread the word. QUOTE]

I see no problem with you posting this instead of Janacek, other than you CAN'T answer questions to him , only he can. BTW, Janacek hasn't had a problem finding time in the past to join in on a bunch of other forums.

I do not disagree with you, and I wouldn't ever buy Troy products again due to their customer service and warrantee backing on other problems I have known. But right now this is a he said/ she said discussion without the person that's being discussed involved. If he was banned from this site then that's different, but if so I would like to know why.

Also, I have no problem trashing Troy for their part of the problems, but at the same time you should also name the vendor that supplied these to Longview and whether they have done anything either. I know if the vendor had been Rogue w/Troy products, Rogue would have taken care of the problem and never used Troy again. Big vendors not purchasing from Troy will hurt them more than individual purchasers.
    I had originally posted this link in the "look what I bought today thread" and had mentioned that the way Troy was handling this would give me concern. But, I think your point is very good concerning the vendors. Rogue, EliteFTS, Gtech and Sorinex are some of the vendors carrying Troy products. And a number of people have spoken well of the VTX and it is a very popular bumper. Rogue and Gtech would have handled this no doubt and them refusing to sell Troy products would get more attention.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For all those inquiring more information or are hostile towards Coach John's campaign against Troy, I have posted his direct response in the OP. He himself cannot enter the discussion due to being banned. Look above at the first post, more than enough info, thank you.
    Dude, you are whiney. Where was the coach banned? On bb.com? Somewhere else? If he got banned, why?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Coach Janacek has valid points. He's articulated them publicly and he has a known reputation. On the other hand, a 19-year old kid shows up post a thread claiming an "in-depth" interview" and then posts a lengthy, but not in-depth, quote from Janacek. It's bush-league, it's high-school, it's whiney. And because of it, he's going get a hard time. There was a better way of sharing this information on the workout equipment page.

OP, where can you show me where Coach Janacek ("johnjanacek"?) was banned?
    He was banned from BB.com. Is it so unbelievable? I was also asked to spread the message around so that is what I have done. Also, how much more in-depth do you want this? The details of how long the bumpers were in use, how they broke, the equipment involved (platforms, bars, bumpers), and how Troy handled the customer service are all explained in detail. Not only that, but in the OP I have linked to another thread that has even more info. I don't know what your problem is, you must be a Troy fan, but there is more than enough info in this thread.

Coach John found out he was banned last night for "spam". He himself has asked someone to copy and paste his response to this thread, and that is what I have done. I am spreading the word around on his behalf.
    Last edited by Curlingrack; 12-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Squats - 315lb
    Bench - 225lb
    OHP - 165lb
    Deadlift - 355lb
    PC - 195lb
    Pull-ups - 24

Originally Posted by twodog View Post

There is a link in the OP that details this, and the whole story.

EDIT: Everyone seems to be skipping the link so I just posted everything in the link on the OP.
    Last edited by Curlingrack; 12-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Squats - 315lb
    Bench - 225lb
    OHP - 165lb
    Deadlift - 355lb
    PC - 195lb
    Pull-ups - 24

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know what your problem is, you must be a Troy fan, but there is more than enough info in this thread.
    Yeah you got it. If theres one thing Atty is known for its his rare vintage collection of Troy plates.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    He was banned from BB.com. Is it so unbelievable? I was also asked to spread the message around so that is what I have done. Also, how much more in-depth do you want this? The details of how long the bumpers were in use, how they broke, the equipment involved (platforms, bars, bumpers), and how Troy handled the customer service are all explained in detail. Not only that, but in the OP I have linked to another thread that has even more info. I don't know what your problem is, you must be a Troy fan, but there is more than enough info in this thread.

Coach John found out he was banned last night for "spam". He himself has asked someone to copy and paste his response to this thread, and that is what I have done. I am spreading the word around on his behalf.
    What was his user name?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Yeah you got it. If theres one thing Atty is known for its his rare vintage collection of Troy plates.
    Reps on the recharge. You Brits and your droll humor. . . . Well-typed, old man. Well-typed.