Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisJones999 View Post
    Not true it get to a point (weight) were it's safer to drop the weights than to try and lower it. after 100kg for me I have to drop it to set up for a second lift. In a HS I would imagine it safer to tell the kids to drop the weight than risk injury.

bumper plates were made to be dropped. the problem is weak design by troy and then trying to correct the problem as cheaply as possible. They basically added 2 pins onto the ring of the weight, every time the weight is dropped and compresses the pins will cut deeper into the rubber. Basic science when 2 objects are forced against one another the weaker, softer will give.
    the other option they had was to extend the lip of the insert by an inch or so this would have ended the problem but cost a little more money.
    There is more to it than that as well.

While designed to be dropped, bumpers are also supposed to have proper collars used - something that is likely rare in a high school weight room. They should also be tightened every time they dropped, again something that is unlikely to happen.

It has become such a widespread problem among X-Fit games (where people think it looks cool to drop the weight) there are several local competitions that "no rep" if the bar is dropped.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    I was paraphrasing that a bit. It may have just meant that they are updating a product which is not uncommon. I'm not taking a side on this, just trying to be objective and maybe with a vendor view. I've seen products get closed out by manufacturers very cheap to clear space for the new version and without warranty. Not saying that happened here but what if?

This was my thought as well. If the coach wasn't directly involved in the original purchase of these plates, he may not be aware of what was discussed between the original buyer and the salesperson. It's entirely possible the school got a deal on this lot of plates because they were an older model that Troy was clearing out (with no warranty) to make room for the newer version.

Regardless, this story has been told numerous times, on numerous forums, and while it is worth reading, it is just one side of the story.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Regardless, this story has been told numerous times, on numerous forums, and while it is worth reading, it is just one side of the story.
    If the story has been around so much, how come there doesn't appear to be a single fact known about Troy's side of the story. By now you would expect Troy present its rebuttal every where it can, to anyone who will listen. That Troy hasn't done this, given all the damage done to its reputation, makes me think that the coach's story is true in every way.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    If the story has been around so much, how come there doesn't appear to be a single fact known about Troy's side of the story. By now you would expect Troy present its rebuttal every where it can, to anyone who will listen. That Troy hasn't done this, given all the damage done to its reputation, makes me think that the coach's story is true in every way.

No idea...but in some cases, you're better off letting people talk trash than to get involved in a pissing match. If the coach truly believes he has a warranty claim that isn't being honored, he needs to stop wasting time with this copy/paste crap and just file suit. His current approach obviously isn't getting him anywhere with Troy.

Either man up and do something about the situation, or shut the hell up and deal with it.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    No idea...but in some cases, you're better off letting people talk trash than to get involved in a pissing match. If the coach truly believes he has a warranty claim that isn't being honored, he needs to stop wasting time with this copy/paste crap and just file suit. His current approach obviously isn't getting him anywhere with Troy.

Either man up and do something about the situation, or shut the hell up and deal with it.
    Troy asked him to send a couple of the bumpers back, so how do you know this 'didn't get him anywhere'?

I'm actually quite amazed that anyone would think that you aren't supposed to drop bumper plates; that is hands down idiotic to even suggest that. The athlete's health is by far more important than a piece of equipment (that is designed to be dropped) so you're ABSOLUTELY supposed to encourage the dropping of bumper plates.
    - Impossible is lifting up your country

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)

This

I really do not think he is being honest because who would waste so much time instead of just going to a Lawyer. It would take one call from one and They would just take care of it. That would be cheaper then to go through a whole legal mess for one relatively small commercial sale. As for Troy running around trying to "Clean up" the Bad comments, why? Would be a waste of time and money. There is far more on the positive side including places like EFS and Crossfit using them and some nobody on the internet is not going to be noticed in the big picture. If random comments by unknowns mattered then garbage like Proform would not even exist with all the bad crap out there about them yet, people still buy them every day.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, I did happen to read on another forum that Troy did in fact replace broken bumpers once already for this situation. I have no idea how long ago the original purchase was, but it looks like either the original warranty is already over or close to the end. If I was Troy I would only honor the original 1 year warranty from the original purchase. Seems like someone wants replacements for life with new 1 year warranty every time a new replacement is sent? I know it sucks that the bumpers are breaking, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and realize that it's time to take business to another company. No reason to keep wanting a replacement for the same product that has been deemed inferior to the customers in this case.

KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, it is unlikely that the coach has a warranty claim or that any form of legal recourse is open to him visavi Troy. Afterall, he is probably not legally party to any agreements. That would more likely be the school in question. Knowing how agressivley litigoius a principal or a school board is likely to be, it is hard to imagine that they would bother getting into a civil lawsuit over some rubber discs...

The coach can't really "man up" and do much (unless you want him to go the WWJWD - what would John Wayne do - route...). But he can give a sh:t, which (unlike Troy) he apparently does. He can also share his experience regarding the product and the customer service with potentially interested parties. IMO, he has done just that, and he has done it in a reasonably calm, objective and factual manner. He has presented and documented the issues, he has presented his credentials and he has even given a bit of "the other side of the story" by providing the correspondence with Troy.

To me, that's not whining. That's a decent thing to do. I am not forced to read it. I am most certainly not obliged to re-read it if I feel that I am already familiar with the matter (seriously, if that angers you, how do you handle re-runs on TV...?). I am free to draw whatever conclusions I may. At least I have received information, which is more than can be said about much of the stuff on this internet thingy.

Can't really see why an experienced strength coach with an experience to share should get so much negativity, and even get banned.

To put things in perspective: would he not have been better tolerated if he had, say, lobotomised himself and just posted a question asking how good Fat Gripz are...?

Cheers

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    A lot of companies won't give much in the way of a reply in writing due to legalities and if things ever progress to litigation. When I sold fitness equipment years ago we were told to never reply in writing, and to always forward those types of things to head office to deal with. Even something as simple as an "I'm sorry for your inconvenience" can be argued as an admission of guilt.

The thing that Troy would have going for itself is the short memory of modern consumers. In a year will any of us remember this video and thread? Probably not.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by smokeater View Post
    A lot of companies won't give much in the way of a reply in writing due to legalities and if things ever progress to litigation. When I sold fitness equipment years ago we were told to never reply in writing, and to always forward those types of things to head office to deal with. Even something as simple as an "I'm sorry for your inconvenience" can be argued as an admission of guilt.
    http://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/ne...ry/1000659933/

You can say sorry in Canada now without it being an admission of guilt.

qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by natlajoie View Post
    Well, I did happen to read on another forum that Troy did in fact replace broken bumpers once already for this situation.
    It was stated in opening post as a quote:

The bumpers and all new wtroom equip in the video was bought right before I got there and I was handed the keys in June 2011. We noticed rubber pieces on the floor that summer but couldn't figure out where they were coming from and figured out later the bumpers were coming apart (the original set, the interlocking ones), mentioned it to our vendor but still didn't think it would get that bad till i made contact with the company in may 2012 and they said I missed the warranty by a few weeks, we argued for awhile and our vendor who said it wasn't right for them to do this to us replaced all our bumpers with these VTX's they ahd at the warehouse AT THEIR COST and told us if they start falling apart to tell him right away with in the year warranty. Made a claim three months in and put all the loose ones aside when Troy informed us they wouldn't do anything since they were still useable. We had no choice and put them back on the platforms and hoped they would last for the rest of the year and a couple months later we are up to 26 of the 44 that have completely fallen out. Troy says this is impossible and they are dragging their feet on it...
    If I'm reading it correctly, Troy didn't replaced it themselves. John and the school had first noticed some of the rubber coming off of the original interlocking bumpers in the summer of 2011. While they did "mentioned" it to their vendor, they only made contact with Troy when the issue gotten worse in May 2012 - approximately 11 months after. Since the bumpers was already there when John got the job at Longview HS, it probably already out of the warranty period, which Troy also stated they had miss. They got into an argument on it, but to no avail with Troy, so the vendor themselves decided to take it upon themselves by replacing it with new VTX bumpers at their own expense. So the VTX's warranty period started then.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by qwan456 View Post
    It was stated in opening post as a quote:

If I'm reading it correctly, Troy didn't replaced it themselves. John and the school had first noticed some of the rubber coming off of the original interlocking bumpers in the summer of 2011. While they did "mentioned" it to their vendor, they only made contact with Troy when the issue gotten worse in May 2012 - approximately 11 months after. Since the bumpers was already there when John got the job at Longview HS, it probably already out of the warranty period, which Troy also stated they had miss. They got into an argument on it, but to no avail with Troy, so the vendor themselves decided to take it upon themselves by replacing it with new VTX bumpers at their own expense. So the VTX's warranty period started then.
    Not sure if you are reading it correctly, but if your understanding is accurate, I'd say the school and coach are just out their money at this point.

My understanding is that a product is generally warrantied for a period of time, if it has problems during that time it is repaired or replaced. The warranty would still be good on the repaired or replacement product for the remainder of the original warranty period, but a new warranty wouldn't start.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, I did happen to read on another forum that Troy did in fact replace broken bumpers once already for this situation.
    Please post where you read this^^^.

I read that the vendor (who's name hasn't been mentioned), and not Troy, replaced some of the weights with other Troy VTX's that he had in stock,.
    Last edited by twodog; 12-11-2012 at 05:34 AM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KalleA View Post
    Well, it is unlikely that the coach has a warranty claim or that any form of legal recourse is open to him visavi Troy. Afterall, he is probably not legally party to any agreements. That would more likely be the school in question. Knowing how agressivley litigoius a principal or a school board is likely to be, it is hard to imagine that they would bother getting into a civil lawsuit over some rubber discs...
    Janacek doesn't have any legal right to sue, but the school does, and even they decide not to then that's their problem. But if that's the case, then Janacek's bitch is with his own school board and not Troy. Once again, man up and tell us the WHOLE story. Name the vendor and explain what the Board is doing about it. Stop whining on every form you can, then when you get banned from these forums stop sending minions into to do your work. The WHOLE truth is out there, c'mon Janacek and MAN UP.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    Please post where you read this^^^.

I read that the vendor (who's name hasn't been mentioned), and not Troy, replaced some of the weights with other Troy VTX's that he had in stock,.
    Sorry, I was incorrect. I went back and re-read on the crossfit forum and it was the vendor that replaced the damaged bumpers with VTX. Upon searching I noticed that this topic was posted numerous times on the SS forum, and other forums. Just a little excessive. But thank's to the coach and his drones, I probably won't purchase from Troy in the future. I've actually owned the VTX colored bumpers, and my impression of them was that they were excellent. I eventually sold the VTX bumpers to a friend when I upgraded to Pendlay elites. I haven't heard a peep that those bumpers are busting on him, and he's in fact very pleased. I see that video of the guy's at Fringesport dropping the 10 pound black VTX, and wonder how these high school kids can be busting so many bumpers. Another thing why would someone have equipment that fails using it a certain way and keep using it in a way that leads to failure? I know it sounds ridiculous but a solution would be to stop letting kids drop the bumpers and treat them with more care. If I knew my plates were busting, I'd stop being so aggressive with them, or I'd replace them with something else that can take the abuse for intended use.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry, I was incorrect. I went back and re-read on the crossfit forum and it was the vendor that replaced the damaged bumpers with VTX. Upon searching I noticed that this topic was posted numerous times on the SS forum, and other forums. Just a little excessive. But thank's to the coach and his drones, I probably won't purchase from Troy in the future. I've actually owned the VTX colored bumpers, and my impression of them was that they were excellent. I eventually sold the VTX bumpers to a friend when I upgraded to Pendlay elites. I haven't heard a peep that those bumpers are busting on him, and he's in fact very pleased. I see that video of the guy's at Fringesport dropping the 10 pound black VTX, and wonder how these high school kids can be busting so many bumpers. Another thing why would someone have equipment that fails using it a certain way and keep using it in a way that leads to failure? I know it sounds ridiculous but a solution would be to stop letting kids drop the bumpers and treat them with more care. If I knew my plates were busting, I'd stop being so aggressive with them, or I'd replace them with something else that can take the abuse for intended use.
    I have no doubt the coach is teaching the kids to treat them fine, it's what's going on when he's not there that I think is leading to the damage.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000)
    ...c'mon Janacek and MAN UP.
    I bow to superior arguments. Upon further deliberation, the guy actually is quite annoying. Not to mention all the guidelines and rules of The Internet that he's disregarded and violated.

Real Internet Warriors don't read guidelines (or anything else), they are born with a talent for this stuff, but for losers like "Coach Girlie Man" it may be helpful to take a look at the IRG's and the IFCC:

1. The Internet Review Guidelines (IRG)

Making an internet review is quite a responsibility, not to be taken lightly. Above all, it should be undertaken without bias or preconception. Hence:

§ 1 The Reviewer should not have any prior knowledge of the subject matter, the type of product or it's intendended use and application.

§ 2 a. Ideally, one should review or give an opinion before actually buying or using the product.

b. If you violate §2.a, at least make your review directly after unpacking.

c. Under no circumstance should you use the product for an extended period of time!

§ 3. Do not provide objective information and facts about the product. What people want are your uninformed opinions. Examples of useful review opinions include: "Love it. Cant't wait to try it." or "Oh, shiny..."

So, as we can see, Coach Whiner has violated everything that is sacred and holy about The Internet Review. For crying out loud: MAN UP, you LOSER!

But, it gets worse. Much worse. Coach has also disrespected the IFCC = the Internet Forum Code of Conduct:

2. Internet Forum Code of Conduct

§ 1 a. Before you do anything: hang your hoodie over the top right hand corner of your display. Haven't got a hoodie? Use duct tape. This way you will cover the dangerous "Search box", which can really distract your thoughts.

b. NEVER research anything before posting. Waste of time, which will just block your creativity. Do you think Edison checked anything before inventing the wheel? Of course not!

§ 2 Scroll down below the stickies. Reading stickies is not only a waste of time, it can cause blindness. Basically, stickies and FAQ's are like Cryptonite to any Internet Keyboard Hero.

§ 3 Just write whatever is on your mind. Don't think, reflect or contemplate. Let everyone share an unfiltered and pure version of what's in your head.

§ 4 Do not. Repeat: do not lose time on encapsulation (big and SMALL letters), interpunctuation (commas, dots and sh:t), grammar or spelling. Furthermore, avoid breaking that nice wall of text into paragraphs.

§ 5 a. Topics. The best topics are obviously the ones that get covered often Can't argue with popularity, right?. So, if you stumble onto an interesting topic: don't read it! Ask again!

b. Speaking of not reading: don't ever read or return to your own topics. If you still have stuff to ask: make a new topic.

c. Examples of good topics. There are of course many great topics. Here are some ideas:
    - "Adjustable dumbbells. Wassup with that?"
    - "Lifting shoes and gloves. What goes where?"
    Or just ask something about power racks.

That's it! Not that difficult, right?

Get it wrong, and your IFLE (Internet Forum Life Expectancy) is worse than that of an albino mouse in a tampon factory.

Learn from the cautionary tale of Coach LOSER. That whiny girlie man should stop tormenting us with his knowledge, experience and them stupid facts!

Sadism. That's what it is! Sadism!

50 shades of Troy...

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    I have no doubt the coach is teaching the kids to treat them fine, it's what's going on when he's not there that I think is leading to the damage.
    I agree with this statement completely. Janacek has Kraiburgs in his garage that he has trained middle schoolers for years with, but since they are in his garage I'm sure that those kids are under his watchful idea.

If Crossfit has taught us nothing else, it has taught us that when idiots toss equipment around, without reason or respect for it, nothing will last forever. Teenagers are an even better test group for this theory than crossfitters. Nothing will stand up to abuse that goes beyond recommended use.

But I digress, Troy is still a company that doesn't care about their customers, and this has been proven many times before this problem.

But I digress, Troy is still a company that doesn't care about their customers, and this has been proven many times before this problem.
    I don't have a problem with how they handled this one.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    THis is exactly the point I was trying to make yesterday, though admittedly I didn't make it very well......
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    c. Examples of good topics. There are of course many great topics. Here are some ideas:
    - "Adjustable dumbbells. Wassup with that?"
    - "Lifting shoes and gloves. What goes where?"
    Or just ask something about power racks.........

LoL at you implying the regulars like the threads about the stuff you listed...over and over. You funny guy!

Seriously though......

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    http://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/ne...ry/1000659933/

You can say sorry in Canada now without it being an admission of guilt.
    Well how bout that! Guess times are a changing. At least for us Canucks anyways. Have there been similar legal precedents set in the US, or is it still the way it's always been?

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    LoL at you implying the regulars like the threads about the stuff you listed...over and over. You funny guy!

Seriously though......
    Seriously, I was just ironically reflecting (venting and ranting...) over what gets tolerated and what leads to a ban. Surely, we're subjected to worse and more annoying stuff than a well documented experience of a seasoned coach and lifter? I may be missing something, but I just don't see him doing much wrong. Particularly not by general internet standards.

Cheers

Seriously, I was just ironically reflecting (venting and ranting...) over what gets tolerated and what leads to a ban. Surely, we're subjected to worse and more annoying stuff than a well documented experience of a seasoned coach and lifter? I may be missing something, but I just don't see him doing much wrong. Particularly not by general internet standards.

Cheers
    the rules about posting the same thing in multiple forums is pretty clear...
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Kallea.....this point right here is the one I think a lot of people are missing.

Many people seem to agree with the coach here, even twodog has said he thinks that Troy didn't handle it well. The ire coming back at the coach seems to be the repeated posting, plain and simple.

Even if you're right, at some point in every discussion.....every one is tired of it and wants to go get a beer.

In essence, the topic of Troy/Coach Janacek has become a "which workout glove" thread that spans over several boards.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not that I want to derail the thread even further, but . . . that's a high school weight room? I lived out in the sticks growing up, but my school's weight room was this small, sorrowful 12x12' thing with a leg extension machine and two or three benches. Hell, the two weight rooms my college offered, if combined, were only about 1/5 the size of what I saw in that video.

If rubber bumpers are such a problem, perhaps they'd could try lifting burlap sacks full of money instead . . .

Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Not that I want to derail the thread even further, but . . . that's a high school weight room? I lived out in the sticks growing up, but my school's weight room was this small, sorrowful 12x12' thing with a leg extension machine and two or three benches. Hell, the two weight rooms my college offered, if combined, were only about 1/5 the size of what I saw in that video.

If rubber bumpers are such a problem, perhaps they'd could try lifting burlap sacks full of money instead . . .
    you know what's funny? I saw that and thought, god I can't believe how good my high school's weight room was, cause ours was unbelievable and puts that one to shame.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Fair enough.

Since I only follow this forum, I'm still kinda glad that it got posted here. Was all new to me.

Cheers

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. The Internet Review Guidelines (IRG)

§ 1 The Reviewer should not have any prior knowledge of the subject matter, the type of product or it's intendended use and application.

§ 2 a. Ideally, one should review or give an opinion before actually buying or using the product.

b. If you violate §2.a, at least make your review directly after unpacking.

c. Under no circumstance should you use the product for an extended period of time!

§ 3. Do not provide objective information and facts about the product. What people want are your uninformed opinions. Examples of useful review opinions include: "Love it. Cant't wait to try it." or "Oh, shiny..."

So, as we can see, Coach Whiner has violated everything that is sacred and holy about The Internet Review. For crying out loud: MAN UP, you LOSER!

This is crazy why would I write a review on anything I haven't used or tested for the entirety or the warranty? This can't be real.

Is everyone forgetting that the coach is fighting for all the students at the school, the same ones we always talk about need to be more involved in the sport?

I hope he starts a fundraiser to get better equipment for the students, I'd be the first to donate 30.00 for the children of a school gym.