Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    It's funny, I'm starting to side with Troy, just because I'm getting tired of the BS. It's like I do in elections sometimes, I vote for the candidate that didn't annoy me with phone calls.
    Yup. When it starts to feel more like revenge than enlightenment I start tuning it out.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    Yup. When it starts to feel more like revenge than enlightenment I start tuning it out.
    Exactly !
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most of has have read the direct complains from Janacek on StartingStrength, T-Nation, Cross Fit forums and such six months ago. Beating a dead horse is an easy way to get beat up here. Put up or shut up, and if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.
    CrossFit forums? I think bad equipment is the least of their worries... hahaha. Anyway, it wasn't as if this strength coach was dwelling on one single event, but really there's been a steady progression of events which he's updating people on.
    - Impossible is lifting up your country

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just went to buy a set of 35's to test myself but Rogue wants $170 with shipping. No thanks.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 12-10-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess I'm going to have to side with the poster. If some of you guys are already aware of the issue and don't want to read about it again, simply skip the thread. This is a new issue for some of us and I for one like to be as informed as possible when making a purchase.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Dude, you are doing the coach no favors. How about you St. Fu. . . .
    This is very mature of you...

You seem to take it personal and get very emotional about something that shouldn't bother you.

The fact is that Troy "VTX" bumpers are crap and the company does not stand by there warranty. It makes no difference how the word gets out or who re-post the message. The point is for the message to get out.

You asked a question and I answered it. Now to your reply to my answer, Copy and pasting a notice on multiple forums is a form of spam but in his case it's acceptable he shouldn't have to reword his thoughts for every forum. He put his thoughts out there to protect as many people as he could.

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I, for one, am happy to have these kinds of threads on any forum. I'm no engineer, but those two little welded bars to the center ring holding everything together seem like a pretty bad design flaw in a piece of equipment that's built for abuse. I'm happy to see threads that talk about the failures of manufacturers as well as the failures of their customer service. Saves me cash.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    They didn't admit to it being a problem... and I'm not questioning anyone's credibility, but this story has two sides and only one has been told.
    If they said that the "VTX plates had been completely redesigned and should never experience anything like this again," that sounds like an admission that there was a problem with the older design.

186lbs in Avatar

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CHS55 View Post
    CrossFit forums? I think bad equipment is the least of their worries... hahaha. .
    It's funny, they banned him too...hahahaha ! Wonder how many other forums banned him.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

Why did he get banned for discussing products? Is there more to the story?

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by Curlingrack View Post
    Still fighting for the warranty. It's not over yet, so there's nothing to be said about it until it is. Troy has been resistant either way.
    Still fighting the warranty, huh ? The warranty is over and it's time for him to sue, oh yeah, he has to also name the vendor in the lawsuit because that's who actually got Longview's money...but they don't want to blame the vendor. Sh*t or get off the pot. Just man up and bring suit because if he waits 7 years it won't even be possible.

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Still fighting the warranty, huh ? The warranty is over and it's time for him to sue, oh yeah, he has to also name the vendor in the lawsuit because that's who actually got Longview's money...but they don't want to blame the vendor. Sh*t or get off the pot. Just man up and bring suit because if he waits 7 years it won't even be possible.
    you may have a point, the company may be trying to stall until the statue of limitations runs out

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    If they said that the "VTX plates had been completely redesigned and should never experience anything like this again," that sounds like an admission that there was a problem with the older design.
    I was paraphrasing that a bit. It may have just meant that they are updating a product which is not uncommon. I'm not taking a side on this, just trying to be objective and maybe with a vendor view. I've seen products get closed out by manufacturers very cheap to clear space for the new version and without warranty. Not saying that happened here but what if?

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    I was paraphrasing that a bit. It may have just meant that they are updating a product which is not uncommon. I'm not taking a side on this, just trying to be objective and maybe with a vendor view. I've seen products get closed out by manufacturers very cheap to clear space for the new version and without warranty. Not saying that happened here but what if?
    Understood!

186lbs in Avatar

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Curlingrack View Post
    Still fighting for the warranty. It's not over yet, so there's nothing to be said about it until it is. Troy has been resistant either way.
    Curlingrack, its good that you are taking time to give headsup to potential buyers. I got to know from your post and the responses that Troy's CS is bad. But just couple of thoughts. All the threads you post will fade away once they fall back from the front page. Once that happens then there wont be any difference between this one and the thread 6+ months back. only way to find them would be to search. Instead of opening several new threads, you can probably try to maintain a single thread and post updates to it. That way, the entire thing is in one place with up to date info and everybody will like the way you followup with more info on the situation.

On the other hand, if Troy fixes the situation then would you be able to track down each thread and post the update? If you dont then I guess there will be many orphaned threads with just bad things about Troy and they can/may comeback for reputation-al damage. So, I think if you can maintain a single thread n provide updates or consult with a moderator to see if this is worth a sticky, it would be better.

If I were in this situation, I will go with Twodog's suggestion. Sue em...
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

Hulked. That bar in your profile pic keeps distracting me from my point.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 12-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I bought a pair of Troy bumpers a while back and would not buy them again. I chalked it up to a lesson learned. But then again I didn't spend thousands of dollars on plates.

There is little you can do when a company insists on backing a faulty product and gives you explanations of "it's still usable". I suppose he and the school could take legal action but in the end it's probably not worth it financially. The video is helpful to those of us who buy fitness products for our homes/gyms.

tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Haven't been on here in a year and I posted about Troy before, just happened to see this. I will never buy anything from them, I just don't think they care and there are better products to be had elsewhere.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Why did he get banned for discussing products? Is there more to the story?
    My guess is that he shows up on a forum, posts the same thing, doesn't bother to post anything else. He's getting banned because he spams. Then he has a teenager do the spamming for him. . . .

I have no love for Troy. I just don't like whiney spammers.
    Last edited by AttyGuy; 12-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    My guess is that he shows up on a forum, posts the same thing, doesn't bother to post anything else. He's getting banned because he spams. Then he has a teenager do the spamming for him. . . .

I have no love for Troy. I just don't whiney spammers.
    Can't stand whiners either!

What is it with all this whining? It really gets to me.

Everyday. Whining.

Everywhere. Whining.

Just drives me nuts. Not kidding. Whining is so hard to deal with for me.

Why can't people stop with the whining? Show some compassion for us sensitive people. Please!

Perhaps they just don't understand how whining can be difficult to deal with for normal people. Insensitive! That's what it is.

Personally, I have suffered from other people's whining for years. Really hard, that's how I've suffered. Really hard. And for many years.

It's not just the whining. It's also the complaining. Not to mention the repetitive nature of it all. That's probably the worst: the repetitive nature of it. It's like they can't stop. Like they just go on forever, and ever.

Whiners! Can't stand them.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KalleA View Post
    That's some funny s--- right there.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KalleA View Post
    Can't stand whiners either!

What is it with all this whining? It really gets to me.

Everyday. Whining.

Everywhere. Whining.

Just drives me nuts. Not kidding. Whining is so hard to deal with for me.

Why can't people stop with the whining? Show some compassion for us sensitive people. Please!

Perhaps they just don't understand how whining can be difficult to deal with for normal people. Insensitive! That's what it is.

Personally, I have suffered from other people's whining for years. Really hard, that's how I've suffered. Really hard. And for many years.

It's not just the whining. It's also the complaining. Not to mention the repetitive nature of it all. That's probably the worst: the repetitive nature of it. It's like they can't stop. Like they just go on forever, and ever.

Spot on!! And whiners that whine about whiners whining too much really makes me whi,,,, no,no, I never whine.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know - that high a percentage and they are coming out of a high school weight room?

If I was Troy I would be a little leery as well.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    I don't know - that high a percentage and they are coming out of a high school weight room?

That would be the logical deduction, but Troy has always been customer NONfriendly, it just seems to be their nature. I honestly don't know how they are still in business with their customer service.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post

I kind of had that same thought.....I'm not looking to take sides here, but it also struck me as odd that the coach was encouraging kids to drop the weights, if I am understanding correctly......I always sort of thought that dropping weights even with bumpers and platforms is not typically a real good idea. in a high school environment, I would think that the dropping could well lead to more safety issues than setting the weights down gently. I could be wrong (and not for the first time!), but......
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I also know that some bumper manufacturers are refusing to even issue a warranty on bumpers that go to X-Fit gyms because they break a high percentage and very fast.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    86 comments deep into this thread and not one person has documented one other instance that this is happening to other users. As an unbiased watcher of this thread, with the "evidence presented in this thread", I cannot say for certain that these bumpers are defective. I have no idea how these high school students are treating this equipment. For all I know, they could be dropping them off of a balcony in the gym. High school kids do stupid things like that frequently. It would help the arguement if other instances of this happening were presented. Also, I can't judge the quality of these bumpers based solely on someones opinion that "they don't like Troy" for whatever reason. If Troy has bad customer service, that has no relevance to the actual quality of these bumpers. If this is happening to others, then speak up. Otherwise, I have to look at this as an isolated incident that may or may not be Troy's fault.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 12-10-2012 at 11:30 AM.

CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000) CHS55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    I kind of had that same thought.....I'm not looking to take sides here, but it also struck me as odd that the coach was encouraging kids to drop the weights, if I am understanding correctly......I always sort of thought that dropping weights even with bumpers and platforms is not typically a real good idea. in a high school environment, I would think that the dropping could well lead to more safety issues than setting the weights down gently. I could be wrong (and not for the first time!), but......
    Not sure if I should be in complete disbelief, or if I'm just missing the sarcasm...
    - Impossible is lifting up your country

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    Not true it get to a point (weight) were it's safer to drop the weights than to try and lower it. after 100kg for me I have to drop it to set up for a second lift. In a HS I would imagine it safer to tell the kids to drop the weight than risk injury.

bumper plates were made to be dropped. the problem is weak design by troy and then trying to correct the problem as cheaply as possible. They basically added 2 pins onto the ring of the weight, every time the weight is dropped and compresses the pins will cut deeper into the rubber. Basic science when 2 objects are forced against one another the weaker, softer will give.
    the other option they had was to extend the lip of the insert by an inch or so this would have ended the problem but cost a little more money.

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    /\ That's another thing, it's like a a single complaint from a single person. Apparently something did happen but it does not look like widespread problem.
    Plenty of very happy Troy VTX users on crossfit board. Like this thread for instance http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...light=troy+vtx
    This video is awesome btw, and this is 10lb plate. =8O