surfersvenske has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Building a friend network based on fitness, not drinking. Any other Colorado/Denver?

As I've become more focused and raised the priority of my fitness and health, I'm finding it hard that the majority of my friend network doesn't really support what I'm trying to get after. Don't get me wrong, it's great to meet up with friends over happy hour, etc. It'd be great to find a group of friends who are into fitness but also into being social--I guess swap out the beers for BYO protein while we shoot pool?

I'm not sure how this would work or if people into fitness just suck it up and booze anyway. If anyone has had similar issues with their social groups (or have a good suggestion), post it!

By the way, I know the die-hards that eat/breathe/sleep/live the gym--that's not me. I dig my 90minutes every day, but I want a life outside of the weight room as well.

atom06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man im from colorado living up in fort collins and have just started getting into body building, i still dont know a lot of people here but some of my friends from back home have moved out here and they seam to be the same way in not supporting my choice to get healthy and they just rag on me about it and want to go out and get plowed all the time, ill have a beer or two but i no longer have the urge to go out and get sloppy stupid drunk any more not my thing. well any way im just introducing myself and all,

Later

surfersvenske has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey brotha. Yea I dig hanging out with my friends, but once I bust my ass in the gym for 90 minutes, I'm sure some of that effort is negated once I start raising the glass. I don't get sloppy drunk either, but event a pint or two makes me feel the effects. Been eating clean with meat/veggies and not many carbs lately, so there's nothing to soak up the alcohol. I just need to man up and grab water or tea while I'm out with those guys, but it's not the same.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey guys, I lived in Aurora about two years ago and miss all the outdoor options that CO has. I'd recommend meetup.com. There should be lots of fitness based groups and social people that get where you're coming from. Hopefully this helps.

rchase1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rchase1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rchase1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rchase1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rchase1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rchase1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rchase1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by surfersvenske View Post
    As I've become more focused and raised the priority of my fitness and health, I'm finding it hard that the majority of my friend network doesn't really support what I'm trying to get after. Don't get me wrong, it's great to meet up with friends over happy hour, etc. It'd be great to find a group of friends who are into fitness but also into being social--I guess swap out the beers for BYO protein while we shoot pool?

I'm not sure how this would work or if people into fitness just suck it up and booze anyway. If anyone has had similar issues with their social groups (or have a good suggestion), post it!

By the way, I know the die-hards that eat/breathe/sleep/live the gym--that's not me. I dig my 90minutes every day, but I want a life outside of the weight room as well.
    I face the same issue. I also live in Denver, and the brew culture here is huge. I'm really not into the whole thing. I've found a few running groups that socialize and go get food afterwards, but nobody ever wants to take it to the degree that I want to. I guess joining a gym would be a good option, or starting a meetup group.